15.12.11 Premiere

The final stop on the promo tour for ‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’ took place at the Cine Lagoon in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, last night.

I did hope Paula Patton would go out with a bang, but I knew that was wishful thinking.

The actress donned a summery Dolce & Gabbana dress.

Her yellow chiffon floral dress with rhinestone detailing is beautiful, but it doesn’t work for me.

The tropical nature of the dress feels too contrived considering her location.

Remember how Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wowed us when she wore a sleek black Michael Kors look in Rio for her ‘Transformers’ premiere? I wish Paula had wowed us like that.

I for one am glad this tour is over. Paula’s stylist has given her average looks that have not done her justice.

The only good thing about this tour is that it hasn’t lasted as long as ‘Puss In Boots’.

Credit: Image.net

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Charlize Theron In Stella McCartney - 'Young Adult'  LA Premiere

Charlize Theron In Stella McCartney – ‘Young Adult’ LA Premiere

22 Responses to Paula Patton In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’ Rio Premiere

1. dee December 15, 2011 at 18:02 #

I think she looks beautiful.

2. la kate December 15, 2011 at 18:12 #

Who is her stylist? He(she)’s horrible

• smolls December 15, 2011 at 18:23 #

I totally agree. I don’t think I’ve liked a single look from this promo tour & I don’t think anything she’s worn has been flattering at all which is a shame.

• moja31 December 15, 2011 at 21:41 #

she used to be styled by rachel zoe i think, but i doubt her team would put together such a mish mash of lackluster looks for a major promo tour, especially one that’s introducing her to a much bigger audience than she’s had before.

3. Alina December 15, 2011 at 18:13 #

Nice.

4. Nat39 December 15, 2011 at 18:18 #

Lovely colourful dress, would`ve preferred a bit more relaxed hair and more natural makeup with it. It`s a nice look but I agree it doesn`t make enough of a statement to qualify as “to go out with a bang”.

5. Luis December 15, 2011 at 18:19 #

I think you are being mean. She looks beautiful!

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2011 at 18:29 #

So if I don’t like something that means I’m being mean?

With all due respect I don’t agree with your comment at all. I’m actually slightly baffled by it I have just as much right as anyone to say I don’t like a look.

She can do far better than this. This is a Paris Hilton dress at best.

• Gigi December 15, 2011 at 18:46 #

Ooooooh, our FC is feisty today! I don’t mind this one as much as some of the others… but it is a shame… she is lovely and lean and vibrant. Banish the stylist!!

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2011 at 19:02 #

I’m not trying to be, but I don’t understand why I’m being mean by saying I didn’t like this dress or the tour overall.

• hauteness December 16, 2011 at 15:27 #

I have to agree with FC. This tour was a huge moment in Paula’s career and unfortunately her wardrobe did not do her any justice. I’ve seen her look better than this attending the Grammy’s with her hubby!

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 15, 2011 at 18:44 #

Overwrought dress, underwrought hair.

7. Ade December 15, 2011 at 19:06 #

The one positive thing about this whole disaster is that Salma’s puss and boots nightmare was worse.

8. Sea December 15, 2011 at 19:17 #

I think this is my fave look from her tour – at least it looks classy and elegant, unlike the purple leopard-print Dolce she wore which I thought was disastrous.

She is sooooo beautiful!

9. Pèrè Lenière December 15, 2011 at 20:08 #

very beautiful. it looks fun which i think is what a premiere should be about and its also playful as she was with Tom. I do not expect her to dress for the oscars or like someone going for a movie. very appropriate IMO

10. Jones19 December 15, 2011 at 21:03 #

This look was too predictable, a shame really.

11. CTgirl December 15, 2011 at 21:33 #

Dear Paula,

You are a beautiful statuesque woman who either can’t dress herself for love or money or is at the mercy of a crazed stylist. Please let me help you. Either let me advise you style-wise or let me pay ransom to the batsh*t crazy stylist. We’re rooting for you.

• gurlygurl December 15, 2011 at 23:08 #

LOL!! I second that. She is so stunning and I really wanted her to pick up her game and show us something amazing. I don’t particularly hate this dress.. it’s alot better than some of her choices so far, I’m just not loving it either. Having said that this has been a strange tour..someone pointed out how casual Tom has been on this promo and it would be hard to try to be spectacular against a co-star wearing jeans *sigh*…

12. GusMex December 15, 2011 at 22:55 #

looking at this, i believe she use another stylist for Dubai in Andrew GN

13. Jess2 December 16, 2011 at 05:53 #

I am feeling a tad disappointed overall, Paula is a very beautiful women and she has so much potential but I feel that this promo tour has been so average. I really like this dress and while Paula looks quite lovely I still feel that she is far from being at her full potential. Get a new stylist girl, you are beautiful and deserve someone who can access that beauty.

14. DivaMom December 16, 2011 at 14:43 #

Paula is dressing for herself, period. Good or bad, love it or hate it. She carries the look off with so much energy, vibrancy, and that ever-present smile. She is confident and lovely. No arguments from me.