15.12.11 Premiere

Kate Mara supported her younger sister Rooney on the red carpet for the New York premiere of her movie, ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’.

She opted for a flirty Christian Dior coral mini dress which was in stark contrast to her sister’s all-black look.

The pleated dress was paired with bronze accessories including a sequined Miu Miu clutch and Brian Atwood metallic pumps plus an Alexander McQueen embellished brass wrap bracelet.

Her dress says summer but her accessories say fall, which I find quite jarring.

I do, however, love her side-swept updo.

Credit: Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior - ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior – ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’

17 Responses to Kate Mara In Christian Dior – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ New York Premiere

1. Jacqu December 15, 2011 at 12:35 #

I love the dress on her, but I find the make up to dark, though the lippy seems perfect. The accessories don’t bother me as much, but you’re right fc, something lighter was needed to complement the dress.

2. Martin December 15, 2011 at 12:37 #

This dress looks quite cheap to me and although she has added heavier accessories in the form of the bronze shoe and bag, their weight does nothing to make the dress look more opulent or Dior-esque. And someone needs to tell Kate that unless your dress is red, matching your lipstick to the colour of your dress is a massive make-up faux pas. Coral lips and coral dress? Eighties redux.

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 15, 2011 at 13:00 #

Agree 100% FC. This would have looked a lot less baby doll if it were a few inches longer too. There is something off and a bit sloppy about the ties. The bodice would have been better raised an inch or two.

4. Nia December 15, 2011 at 13:32 #

To me she has a strong look that does not go well with coral, pinky or flirty. I wonder if something a little less girly-girl and more structured might have been better for her. And I don’t like the length of the dress, it looks tacky.

5. Jones19 December 15, 2011 at 14:28 #

Such a cute dress, I wish her accessories were lighter but I still like it.

6. Alina December 15, 2011 at 14:32 #

Cute.

7. Hilary December 15, 2011 at 14:53 #

I can’t believe that’s a Christian Dior dress. It’s too short and pink for winter..she even look cold in the photo. If I’d had to guess where it was from, I’d have said Lipsy!

8. dee December 15, 2011 at 15:13 #

I completely agree with everything you said FC.

9. Amanda December 15, 2011 at 16:09 #

is she an actress?

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 15, 2011 at 16:57 #

I think just a supportive sister!

• Sanette December 15, 2011 at 19:42 #

She is actually. And a very good one (Brokeback Mountain, 127 Hours or American Horror Story).

10. TeaAtTwo December 15, 2011 at 17:09 #

The colour scheme doesn’t bother me but the style of dress doesn’t suit her.

11. Nat39 December 15, 2011 at 17:30 #

This light flirty dress weighed down by the heavy makeup and accessories isn`t working on her or more like she is not working this flirty look. Bad posture and “a shy little girl“ facial expression bring this look further down.

12. EmmaWoodhouse December 15, 2011 at 17:30 #

Cute–it’s a bit too skimpy but I actually like how she played off the cutesy-ness of it with dark accessories. I think she looks good, although I would have liked lighter makeup. LOVE the hair, though!

13. amber December 15, 2011 at 20:17 #

the dress is really cute

14. JenJenNsf December 16, 2011 at 19:05 #

She looks like she’s going to prom…..

15. Verena Hafner - musings of a fashion stylist December 17, 2011 at 23:58 #

Love the colour on her, the hair too. Agree on the accessories.