14.12.11 Premiere

Paula Patton has failed to inspire us during this ‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’ promo tour.

Before she hit London last night, she attended the Madrid premiere on Monday.

She wore a very typically sexy Dolce & Gabbana leopard-print dress.

Stunning Amrapali earrings which matched her purple dress and flawless makeup completed her look.

She looks pretty, the dress is gorgeous, so why am I not feeling any stomach flips?

Paula has a great personality, so why is she failing to excite us?

Credit: Image.net

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Glenn Close In Armani Privé - ‘Albert Nobbs’ New York Screening

Glenn Close In Armani Privé – ‘Albert Nobbs’ New York Screening

38 Responses to Paula Patton In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’ Madrid Premiere

1. Martin December 14, 2011 at 11:59 #

No matter how gorgeous the dress (although this particular gown just reeks WAG to me), possessing personality and presence still goes a long way towards making a red carpet look work. Paula, with no disrespect intended, doesn’t really have either in my opinion. No spark, no pizzazz, no energy = flat red carpet presence.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 14, 2011 at 13:27 #

‘Splain WAG please.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2011 at 13:46 #

I think the best way to describe it in US terms are the women from The Housewives of Orange County.

All money (their husbands) and no taste with a love for loud prints from Roberto Cavalli and Dolce & Gabbana.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 14, 2011 at 15:38 #

Lol! Thanks FC. I got the gist. I was just wondering if there was a literal translation for the acronym. It took me 15 minutes to figure out what FLOTUS meant!

• Sea December 15, 2011 at 03:08 #

LOL so you know the shows! The other day I happened to watch one episode of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. After seeing too many of the ugly platform pumps and too much bling blings, all I could think of was that I wish they could spend some time reading your blog… :)

• Dani December 14, 2011 at 23:10 #

“Wives and Girlfriends” (of sportsmen, usually)

2. Mick December 14, 2011 at 12:00 #

Actually, I find this dress incredibly ugly. On a plus side, great earrings. It’s too bad she’s making such uninspiring RC choices, as she’s definitely one of the most beautiful women.

• lancel December 14, 2011 at 12:42 #

• dee December 14, 2011 at 14:00 #

3. sergioA December 14, 2011 at 12:16 #

The dress is pretty ?????
    this dress looks like something the girls of “Jersey Shore” would DIE to wear, and its so sad because Paula is so beautiful and elegant.
    Does Rachel Zoe still styles her?

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2011 at 12:18 #

No she doesn’t

• EmmaWoodhouse December 14, 2011 at 16:17 #

+1…purple leopard print + black lace + a corset-like bodice…for me this would be tacky on anyone!!!!!!!

• Amanda December 14, 2011 at 20:18 #

• Dani December 14, 2011 at 23:12 #

Yup! This looks like a Christina Aguilera (at her worst) dress.

• manja December 15, 2011 at 08:36 #

+2,ugly dress

• Valeria December 15, 2011 at 06:07 #

It is VERY tacky. Is this something that Domenico as Stefano make by special orders to WAG clients? Because they have better taste then this horrendous purple dress

4. artemis December 14, 2011 at 12:23 #

I think it doesn’t excite us because the dress looks cheap..I think this girl is stunning and has a lot to give on the red carpet..

5. Alina December 14, 2011 at 12:26 #

She’s gorgeous and has a stunning smile. But fashion wise … she should try some Elie magic.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2011 at 13:14 #

if only

• dee December 14, 2011 at 14:01 #

That gown would look amazing on her.

6. eimearoconnor December 14, 2011 at 12:32 #

Aw she looks gorgeous..

7. gurlygurl December 14, 2011 at 12:32 #

Leopard print is a tricky one… Then there’s purple leopard print, trickier still. Then there’s the addition if lace detailing and we have this confusion and uncertainty. Paula is stunning, she does have spark and energy. She’s a vibrant woman who cannot translate all of that vivacity and fun into her clothing and it’s such a shame! Her body is beautiful, hair and make up – flawless now we just need to see a jaw dropping outfit!! There’s hope yet… I’ve seen it happen so fingers crossed!!

8. mm December 14, 2011 at 12:41 #

I dont like the dress. I cant wait for this promo tour to end. Paula is is gorgeous but i feel as if all her dresses were the last dress on the rack at a high end luxury designer sale.

9. mandy December 14, 2011 at 12:50 #

Its working well for me. The dress is stunning, it fits her perfectly, and her styling is flawless. Love it !

10. Jones19 December 14, 2011 at 12:50 #

This dress is incredibly tacky so I don’t like it one bit.

11. Linda December 14, 2011 at 12:59 #

I think she makes it work for her. The colour is doing wonderful things for her complexion, the hair and makeup are beautiful, and the dress is growing on me. I would say this is her best red carpet outing yet. The jewellery is lovely and by far her best accessory is that gorgeous smile.

12. bas December 14, 2011 at 13:11 #

I really dislike the dress too. As said before, it screams WAG to me.

13. dee December 14, 2011 at 13:57 #

The dress doesn’t fit her body well. She seems like she is into fashion but her choices are poor. I think she needs to learn what works for her and what doesn’t. I think she has the beauty, personality and presence to pull off some gorgeous looks.

14. MReid December 14, 2011 at 14:03 #

I don’t like this dress one bit; as you’ve suggested FC, she isn’t selling it. The dress to me is horrible, but there are some folks who would wear a flour sack, and work the heck out of it! She’s beautiful, always has a gorgeous, happy smile, body on point (she had a baby a year ago!) all factors that should, but in this case aren’t, translating to a knock out red carpet appearance. Still, I won’t lay all the blame on her. Though her looks have been disappointing, they have been quite in keeping with the tone of this promo tour. Tom shows up looking like he’s on his way to one of his kids’ games. Clearly Paula is struggling to pick the best of the few dresses they are giving her to wear, and is trying to turn her frown into a smile. Altogether this looks like a promo tour for a straight to DVD movie.

15. JJovana3 December 14, 2011 at 14:36 #

Yikes! That dress is terrible! So tacky! Looks like something you find on clearance in Wet Seal or DEB.

Paula is too gorgeous for crappy dress like that.

16. roxana December 14, 2011 at 15:23 #

very very very ugly dress!

17. andrea December 14, 2011 at 15:46 #

Her looks seem uninspired. Its as if her stylist handed her the first dress off the rack and she said “Ok, I’ll go with that”.

18. TeaAtTwo December 14, 2011 at 15:48 #

I can’t believe that Dolce and Gabbana would design and send out such tacky outfits after all these years.

• Valeria December 15, 2011 at 06:09 #

19. Tiffany December 15, 2011 at 04:37 #

Everyone has already stated the obvious: she’s gorgeous with what seems like a bubbly personality. I think the problem here is how clearly and desperately eager she is to be a bombshell on the red carpet- she’s trying too hard. She could use some restraint in her fashion choices because there is an elegance and calm confidence that’s missing. Cate and Angie carry it in spades…as she gets more of a footing, hopefully she’ll get it. Either that or a different stylist.

20. Mia December 17, 2011 at 04:47 #