Pan Shuangshuang In Prada – Viva Event

Pan Shuangshuang was shimmering on the red carpet whilst attending an event sponsored by Viva this week.

The actress wore a Prada Fall 2011 dress.

We haven’t seen much of this collection on the red carpet, which is surprising because they are many beautiful standout pieces.

Pan Shuangshuang’s two-tone paillette-covered dress, which looks like fish scales, was let down by woolly mammoth boots unfortunately.

The polka-dot tights were a cute idea though.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

Glenn Close In Armani Privé - ‘Albert Nobbs’ New York Screening

Glenn Close In Armani Privé – ‘Albert Nobbs’ New York Screening

20 Responses to Pan Shuangshuang In Prada – Viva Event

1. Martin December 14, 2011 at 11:30 #

When wearing a dress this loaded with detail, I think that simplicity through the rest of your look is key (see Kylie’s sidewalk look from this collection in late October). The half-down and half-up hair, the corsage, the bracelet and necklace, the polka dot tights and those hideous boots leave her looking as though she got dressed in the dark. In a word, overcooked.

• CTgirl December 14, 2011 at 11:33 #

+1. Way too much happening.

• Valeria December 15, 2011 at 06:12 #

This is typically Asian thing-to try and make things look “cute” with those hideous soft-toy-boots, polka dot tights and everything else. The general approach is “I’ll-wear-my-best-pieces-all-at-once”. Shame as its such a great dress!

• Sea December 15, 2011 at 03:11 #

just reiterating, this is how many celebs from mainland china and taiwan dress!

2. Terry December 14, 2011 at 11:38 #

It would be interesting to know why her stylist chose those boots for her and why she accepted to wear them. Obviously they don’t work at all with the outfit, but you know, sometimes I feel like people have their own peculiar sense of what is cool/elegant/suitable for a red carpet or an event, which clearly doesn’t match my own sense.

3. Alina December 14, 2011 at 12:01 #

Hideous.

4. Mahima December 14, 2011 at 12:42 #

Just the dress and make up, plus a pair of strappy heels would have made this look AMAZING.

5. Jones19 December 14, 2011 at 12:56 #

Nooooo no no such a pretty dress ruined with ugly accessories.

6. Linda December 14, 2011 at 13:04 #

I feel I should hate this but for some reason I don’t. Maybe it’s because we trimmed our Christmas tree yesterday and she looks kind of like one of Santa’s elves.

• manja December 15, 2011 at 08:41 #

so funny

7. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 14, 2011 at 13:25 #

The runway look is superb. I prefer the skirt shorter and narrower and the crispness of a nude leg and those fabulous boots.
    We cant see them, but Im pretty sure there are blades on the bottom of Pan’s boots…Tragic.

8. dee December 14, 2011 at 13:54 #

I am on board with everything but those boots.

9. JJovana3 December 14, 2011 at 14:17 #

Even if its Prada, the collection still sucks. Its completely unwearable and unpractical for a woman less than 5’10 and 100lbs. On top of it, she chose furry boots and polka dots. Holy Mother of Tackiness. Fail, fail, fail.

• andrea December 14, 2011 at 15:51 #

How tragic!! Miuccia Prada would be horrified with this look.

10. TeaAtTwo December 14, 2011 at 15:32 #

I have slipper boots just like those though I have enough sense not wear them when I’m going out.

11. EmmaWoodhouse December 14, 2011 at 16:15 #

It’s all one big hot mess to me–too much going on. It looks like she got something from every animal in the zoo! The boots are especially horrendous–the only thing I like are the polka dot tights.

12. Hannah December 14, 2011 at 16:34 #

Oh my god this is even worse than the January ones denim jacket and biker boots with the Chanel dress look. WHY?????

13. gurlygurl December 14, 2011 at 23:04 #

What would possess anyone to wear those boots in public?…

• Valeria December 15, 2011 at 06:14 #

The fact that your idols are Minnie Mouse and Teddy Bear

14. Jen December 15, 2011 at 00:57 #

Such a beautiful dress, but, ugh, those boots!