Scarlett Johansson In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘We Bought A Zoo’ New York Premiere

If feels like a lifetime since we last saw Scarlett Johansson on the red carpet, but she made a welcome return whilst attending the New York premiere of ‘We Bought a Zoo’ yesterday evening.

She looked outstanding wearing a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012 ensemble.

This black cropped bustier top paired with a knee-length high-waist skirt is more like the ScarJo I know and love.

I wasn’t excited about her looks in her last few outings, but this puts her back on the map.

Her textured ensemble was paired with a black belt, a gold bracelet and black ankle-strap Jimmy Choo ‘Greta’ sandals.

A 40s pin-up do, Dolce & Gabbana makeup, including pink lips and shimmering blue eye makeup, a diamond Fred Leighton snake bracelet and Fred Leighton vintage diamond platinum leaf earrings completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amber Le Bon's Peter Pilotto Compass Printed Cotton-Blend Dress

Amber Le Bon’s Peter Pilotto Compass Printed Cotton-Blend Dress

Sophia Bush In Chris Benz - 6th Annual Charity: Ball Benefiting charity:water

Sophia Bush In Chris Benz – 6th Annual Charity: Ball Benefiting charity:water

25 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘We Bought A Zoo’ New York Premiere

1. Terry December 13, 2011 at 11:47 #

Ooooh, very nice! The outfit is perfect for her figure, and the accessories nicely complete it. I love her hairstyle, too.

2. Martin December 13, 2011 at 11:55 #

I want to love this, I so so want to love this but unfortunately I can’t. That sliver of revealed flesh between the top and skirt has the effect of cutting her in two and just manages to make her look frumpy. I’m not particularly enamoured with the ankle straps on the shoe as well, given that they have the effect of shortening her legs when she should have gone for something that would elongate her petite frame.

• Nat39 December 13, 2011 at 18:27 #

Not quite liking this either, somehow she looks frumpy in this ensemble which is so revealingly sexy on the model either go for a more revealed sexy midriff or modify to a “no- bare- midriff“ at all, no need to leave a totally useless non-sexy strip of skin, and she should`ve opted for a more elegant leg-lengthening shoe instead of the ankle straps.

• maria December 13, 2011 at 20:34 #

i also agree.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 13, 2011 at 18:57 #

+1 completely.

3. Jacqu December 13, 2011 at 12:09 #

She looks really sexy here without pushing her chest too far (hey there Blake Lively), though it’s missing an element that would make me really pay attention. A red lip would be the usual, but maybe something else? A more interesting shoe choice maybe.

• Jones19 December 13, 2011 at 13:00 #

I agree. Something is missing to really make this look pop.

4. EmmaWoodhouse December 13, 2011 at 12:39 #

Personally I don’t like the revealed midriff AT ALL (better on Scarlett than the model, but still) but the overall silhouette is gorgeous! Love the neckline, the skirt, and the belt. Very glam!

• Amanda December 13, 2011 at 15:50 #

+1 you are totally right but I still love her here!

• smolls December 13, 2011 at 22:38 #

+2 — I”m not a fan of the exposed midriff but it works here. I think Scarlett looks gorgeous & way better than the model. I hope this is a sign of things to come from her – she’s so beautiful but has had some misses lately.

5. Linda December 13, 2011 at 13:04 #

Normally don’t like exposed midriff (too ’80′s) but she does look fantastic.

6. karine December 13, 2011 at 13:05 #

I really like this and i’m glad she kept the accessories neutral so the ensemble stays classy. Beautiful

7. Jess2 December 13, 2011 at 13:06 #

She looks amazing!!! I love everything about this look, I agree FC definitely her best look from her more recent appearances

8. dee December 13, 2011 at 13:40 #

i think she looks great. I really like this one.

9. Alina December 13, 2011 at 14:27 #

Better, but I’m not wowed at all.

• Quinn December 13, 2011 at 15:36 #

10. Anna December 13, 2011 at 14:53 #

first outfit of hers that I’ve liked in a long time. Sexy with class, but I think she could’ve chosen better shoes.

11. Rebecca Z December 13, 2011 at 15:26 #

HATE the hair. I don’t love this look in general, but I might have felt better about it with softer, wavier hair

12. mm December 13, 2011 at 16:12 #

Love her hair

13. TeaAtTwo December 13, 2011 at 22:54 #

I’m enamoured by this, the hair doesn’t really work for me here either. I could imagine Leighton rocking this this in NY summer. Also I wish Scarlett wold get rid of that crap tattoo.

14. Shaina December 14, 2011 at 00:29 #

LOVE the ensemble, this looks great on her body. I’m not a huge fan of her hairstyle but I can get over it.

15. Stephanie December 14, 2011 at 02:43 #

The fit of this dress is amazing on her.

16. Tahj December 14, 2011 at 04:10 #

Hate the exposed midriff. Love the bodice, it’s very flattering while still classy. Hate the hair. It ages her. She dresses too old. I’m afraid Amber Heard is doing the 40s bombshell look way better. She’s taken the title from her.

17. JJovana3 December 14, 2011 at 14:29 #

Can she do wrong? I think not. Scarlett is so beautiful, no matter what she wears her beauty and sexappeal stand out. She’s perfection.

18. Jen December 15, 2011 at 01:05 #

I like the socks the model is wearing!

I’m not sure about the sliver of ScarJo’s midriff. Seems like more or none at all would be better.