Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘My Way’ Seoul Premiere

If you were surprised that Fan Bingbing didn’t wear Elie Saab to the ‘My Way’ press conference, that’s because she was saving it for the premiere.

The actress donned a fiery, volcanic print Elie Saab Fall 2010 Couture one-shoulder gown.

I’m ecstatic to see that this gown has finally taken to the red carpet, as I look at it every day on my screensaver, plus it’s refreshing to see something on the red carpet which is season appropriate.

Fan Bingbing allowed the gown to do all the talking as she swept her hair back into a neat bun, and added Cartier jewels.

The watch should’ve been left at home, but its a minor when a look from your wish list finally comes to life.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

58 thoughts on “Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘My Way’ Seoul Premiere

1. Aurélien

I absolutely LOOOOOVE this print since the collection was presented !!! Finally Fan bring it to the red carpet. God save Fan Bingbing !

2. Nat39

LOVE the gown, it takes my breath away with its intensity!!! Fan looks pretty as per usual but what I really wanna see here with the fierce gown like this is FIRE, energy, raw intensity, some bold attitude and hairstyle. And Fan with her safe sweetness watered it down/put out all the fire.

3. jo

This gown is just stunning. Too bad she wore this watch but to be honest I didn’t noticed it at first cause I was drooling over this gown.

4. Denise

Finally! I was waiting for this dress to make it to the red carpet, thought it never would. The dress is so beautiful. That watch should have been left at home but other than that I’m loving this look.

5. Dee

No, this doesn’t work. Her hair and make-up are too tame for the dress. It looks so much better on the model! Loose waves and no watch might have worked.

1. MG

i quite like the hair and makeup with the dress. there is a weird balance between the dynamic dress and the tame makeup.

6. CreoleLady

The red-orange, copper, and ochre tones and the drama of this dress on the runway warm me up. Love. That said, she just HAD to wear that watch, didn’t she, lol.

7. justme

I don’t mind the watch (especially if the bracelet is brown) and I love the fact that she kept her hair and make up simple. The dress is a show stopper in itself, no need to compete.

8. EmmaWoodhouse

OH MY GOSH!!!!! DREAM COME TRUE–Fan Bing Bing and Elie Saab is a match made in heaven that NEVER gets old for me. I have loved this dress since I first saw it and Fan, of course, was the best person to do it justice. No to the watch but other than that–FLAWLESS! A total contender for BDOTW…wow, I can’t decide between this and Taylor in Reem Acra…just fabulous!

9. Eva

I honestly think the fact that 8 times out 0f 10 she’s wearing Elie Saab is the reason why she’s so well dressed. Elie Saab can make an obese monkey look radiant.

10. maria

it’s such a great dress for fall/autumn, i wish we had seen this in motion.

i think she did very well with the hairstyle and accessories. And boy, what a difference from the Marc Jacobs look. very versatile.

11. mj

It’s so breathtaking on the runway, but it just doesn’t have the same effect when it’s not moving.
    I just don’t like it, but I can’t put my finger on why. I think it’s just the coloring, because had this been in another colour palette or in a solid, I would probably be sold on it.

12. mari

I agree with mj, I wish there was a picture with her moving to see the fluidity of the gown.
    Otherwise, beautiful, BDOTW. a bit more attitude or something like that, and it would have been BDOTY

13. Hannah

This is what I have been waiting for. For months I have complained about the lack of excitement and monotony she gave me, so this is really refreshing. The dresses form that collection are so under worn given how many of the summery princessy dresses we have seen, especially from her. The colouring is so refreshing and works perfectly for her.
    As a nit-picker I didn’t even notice the watch. Also, given that she is wearing Couture to a press conference, the rest of the people we have seen recently on the red carpet just became a whole lot more underwhelming. People better step it up this close to BDOTY.

14. ash

I love it. I love how tamed her hair and make up is, she makes the dress look like an absolute classic.. I`m happy that she`s not wearing something too princessy or over the top costume-y. This one is just so elegant, classic that I am willing to overlook the watch.

15. ramsay

She looks lovely – And her hairdo goes perfectly with the dress – I only wish such a beautiful dress were worn to a bigger even than the premiere of My Way

16. Sea

This is one of the few moments that I actually think she looks beautiful. As most Westerners don’t feel it, Chinese people consider her face to be Yao (sorry I really cannot find an appropriate English word here), so imho she looks better in more toned-down, darker-colored clothes. I like her so much better in this and black/navy/gray, understated clothes than hot pink, red and other loud pieces.

17. Raquel

I love this, I didn’t even notice the watch. I like her hair up, I think it make the back of the dress – assuming it wasn’t altered – even more stunning.

18. Chanel

Is it just me, or does it look really bad with her skin tone? Someone with a darker complexion would have pulled this off better.

19. Molly

Ya i find myself wanting to pull down that sleeve, just because i feel that the sleeve is an important feature of this dress and its sort of wild beauty.

20. Jess2

What a magnificent gown, it is completely breathtaking. I feel like the fierceness of the gown has been taken down a tad but that could be just the difference between the gown being in motion. Either way Fan looks really amazing. But the watch has to go!!! Love the hair and makeup.

21. gab

the dress is fabulous, but as usual she doesn’t bring the wowww factor, she s boring. she should stick to jason wu anf forget about elie saab

22. Raquel

I love this look, it´s really elegant. I don´t usually like Fan because everything seems too costume, but this is really good.

23. NH

I thought FC and I were the biggest fan of Elie Saab but she clearly wins…

FC I think you should make an article showing all Elie Saab gowns fan bingbing has worn so far. :)

24. Lynne

I love this dress – but, when I see how the back looks on the model, I do wish Fan Bingbing had loosened up her hair and makeup a little. Her hair is so prim and proper here, but her dress NOT. Maybe she tried the wild, sexy look and it was just too much paired with that amazing dress.