Elle Fanning In Louis Vuitton – ‘We Bought a Zoo’ New York Premiere

Elle Fanning attended the New York premiere of ‘We Bought a Zoo’ yesterday evening alongside Scarlett Johansson.

This is our fifth look at the Louis Vuitton Spring 2012 collection.

We were hoping one of the teens would give this collection a run-out, just to prove our theory that this collection wasn’t really designed for ‘grown women’.

I have to say she looks lovely in this organza and laser-cut lace dress, but I hate the shoes.

The dress is so feminine and charming, but the shoes are jarring. I wish she’d opted for something simple and delicate.

I also wish she’d pulled her hair back.

A ponytail would’ve worked so much better with this look, don’t you think?

Sophia Bush In Chris Benz - 6th Annual Charity: Ball Benefiting charity:water

Sophia Bush In Chris Benz – 6th Annual Charity: Ball Benefiting charity:water

Michelle Pfeiffer's Yves Saint Laurent Studded Suede Platform Sandals

Michelle Pfeiffer’s Yves Saint Laurent Studded Suede Platform Sandals

35 Responses to Elle Fanning In Louis Vuitton – ‘We Bought a Zoo’ New York Premiere

1. Terry December 13, 2011 at 12:02 #

I like the dress (maybe a little bit shorter?) and her hair but I absolutely hate her shoes. Pointed slides? No no no.

2. Jacqu December 13, 2011 at 12:08 #

I don’t mind her hair down. Sure it would look better, but I like her with her hair down because unlike some of the other young actresses, it actually makes her look her age but still fashionable. She does look adorable, though I wonder if the dress is a size too big?

3. Martin December 13, 2011 at 12:14 #

After disliking both Cate Blanchett’s and Sarah Jessica Parker’s red carpet appearances in Louis Vuitton S/S 2012, I was definitely one who questioned whether any woman over 35 could pull this collection off without looking as though she was playing dress-ups.

Seeing Elle in this dress, I’m pretty sure that the gorgeous and ethereal and innocent young Hollywood ingenues will wear these pieces quite beautifully. I really like her in this dress but I agree with FC in wishing that she had put her hair up in a loose, dishevelled ponytail to show off that stunning neckline – unfortunately, it is completely lost amongst all that hair.

As for the shoes, I don’t particularly mind them front-on. Side-on, however, is a completely different matter altogether. Just plain unattractive.

4. Ilmie December 13, 2011 at 12:19 #

Yes, a ponytail woul’ve worked better, it’s obvious. I wonder if this celebrity don’t have a mirror at home !?

She have big feet and the shoes are ugly.

5. EmmaWoodhouse December 13, 2011 at 12:37 #

YES! Finally, this collection is worn by the right person (although personally I think Cate pulled it off). I was so glad to see Elle rocking this look in her sweet, impish style. A couple little things: I’m with you on the shoes and hair, FC! What terrible shoes. :( I would have loved to see a thin headband like the one the model’s wearing, a ponytail, and then it would have been perfect.

6. Carolina December 13, 2011 at 12:50 #

I agree the dress looks too big – as it does on the model. It’s a rather strange choice, to have it be off-shoulder, and not one I like very well. It also looks as if it’s shaped outward at the hip area… with this effect, the off-shoulder top and the flat, ‘alice in wonderland’ front panel look like a costume piece borrowed and gone askew. Maybe that’s the aim, though: mad tea party garb!

7. Jones19 December 13, 2011 at 12:57 #

The volume of this dress overwhelms her, I would have liked to see her in a less bulky LV look.

• Nat39 December 13, 2011 at 18:15 #

I also find her completely overwhelmed by the volume of the dress plus by the additional volume of her loose hair. She is drowning here, not the best choice for her.

8. Dee December 13, 2011 at 12:59 #

Will someone please put this girl in some colour?

9. Simon December 13, 2011 at 13:19 #

uuuuuugly foot

10. cele December 13, 2011 at 13:43 #

right dress,wrong shoes

11. dee December 13, 2011 at 13:44 #

I don’t like this at all.

12. Jess2 December 13, 2011 at 13:48 #

I think I’m coming around to the dress – the sheer side sections are a bit much, but aren’t awful- but I don’t like her hair being down, a style similar to that of the model would have worked well. The shoes are really awful.

13. yana December 13, 2011 at 13:49 #

Isn’t it the fifth look actually? I mean, there were Olivia Wilde, SJP, Cate Blanchett, and Jessica Chastain before.

• Fashion Critic December 13, 2011 at 14:23 #

yep, your right, I forgot about Jessica

14. Mick December 13, 2011 at 13:51 #

I really don’t like criticizing a 13-year old, especially as she always looks adorable and age-appropriate compared to some of her famous coetaneous, but I quite dislike this dress, it looks too big and it’s overly cutesy, even for a little girl. Plus, really ugly shoes!

15. Alina December 13, 2011 at 14:22 #

Those shoes …

16. eimearoconnor December 13, 2011 at 14:24 #

Hair up, ballet bun, different shoes, woulda totally improved this look!!

17. Carolina December 13, 2011 at 15:08 #

I must add – I forgot how young she is. Why on EARTH are we asking kids to wear shoes that will malform their (still growing) feet? This is very bad practice, aside from being ugly and age-inappropriate.

18. Susan December 13, 2011 at 15:09 #

Well, I believe this is a text book case of the dress wearing the wearer.

I like the shoes by themselves but they need to meet a simple day sheath.

19. Rebecca Z December 13, 2011 at 15:23 #

She is so cute, but this look is not good. Dress is too big and she looks like she’s in a straightjacket as she has to keep her arms in back of those protrusions on her hips. The shoes are dreadful–and why is a 13 year old wearing heels this high? A ballet flat or kitten heel would have looked much better.

20. jessica December 13, 2011 at 16:10 #

Elle has no originality. Always copying runway looks head-to-toe.
    ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

21. Emalie December 13, 2011 at 16:36 #

I love the dress but not on her. She’s always taking looks from the runway and doing the exact same styling it feels like. And she needs to do something with her hair. Ooh and after seeing the pic of her shoes (and feet) she really needs give her feet some tlc

22. robbie December 13, 2011 at 16:41 #

boring, this girl and taylor swift should become BFFs as they are both equally boring on the red carpet.

also those heels are far too high for someone her age.

23. Courteney December 13, 2011 at 18:47 #

I actually quite like the shoes.

24. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 13, 2011 at 18:55 #

It overpowers her…all I see is the dress and then those unfortunate shoes.

• gurlygurl December 13, 2011 at 22:59 #

lol… those shoes are unfortunate. I quite like the dress but my eyes are continually drawn downwards to those shoes and I do find she get somewhat lost in it all. Perhaps it’s all the hair as well. I do like her soft make up though.

25. MG December 13, 2011 at 19:57 #

i don’t mind the shoes, but they seem painful… poor little girl

26. TeaAtTwo December 13, 2011 at 22:45 #

The exaggerated hip part really isn’t working here. Also hair up would have been better.

27. ramsay December 14, 2011 at 00:11 #

These shoes are all wrong – Not only because they’re plain ugly but because their style is very grown up for her and they contrast to the overall sense of delicacy and purity that comes out of her in that dress – Still I much prefer Cate Blachett’s white dress to this one

28. Raquel December 14, 2011 at 02:01 #

Elle wears it better than the others because none of the “older” woman managed to make this look work. For what it is worth, I don’t like it on the runaway model either. Maybe a belt would help?

Shoes, re: these shoes are awful, and should be burned. And Elle’s stylist should advise her client to not wear back open shoes when her heels are cracked and peeling off. Ballet flats would have worked so much better.

29. Emi December 14, 2011 at 08:34 #

I think that the fit of the dress is quite bad, but it’s also a bit unflattering on the model. I agree with FC, a ponytail would have been better. Honestly I don’t mind the shoes themselves, but they seem at least one size bigger, so they look so long seen from aside.

30. JJovana3 December 14, 2011 at 14:28 #

Fancy sack of potatoes.

That entire LV collection was a GIANT mess of the most unflattering dresses and separates i’ve seen on the runway recently. When you make a 100lb 5’10 woman look dowdy, its over.

31. Ria June 7, 2012 at 04:36 #

Which is true?

A. Elle Fanning NEVER wore a dress that costs over £2500 or $4,000 let alone wear dresses that costs over $6000 and won’t until she turns 18 and Paris Hilton’s feet did NOT grow 6 sizes bigger since she was 12 years old. Paris Hilton’s feet are UK size 9 ½ or US size 11.

B. Elle Fanning definitely wore lots of dresses that costs over £2500 or $4000 and has worn dresses that costs over $6000 despite being only 13 years old and Paris Hilton’s feet have grown 6 sizes bigger since she was 12 years old. Paris Hilton’s feet are UK size 9 ½ or US size 11 and had UK size 3 or US size 5 feet when she was 12.