Miley Cyrus In Jenny Packham – 2011 American Giving Awards

Miley Cyrus made a welcome return to the red carpet at the 2011 American Giving Awards this weekend.

The singer/actress wore a Jenny Packham Fall 2011 gown with nude Alaia heels.

Her nude silk chiffon gown with a sequin neckline also has an open back.

With her hair pulled back into a slick ponytail, we can see her dangling Loree Rodkin earrings.

Rings and bracelets by the same designer added a youthful, rock chick touch to her uber sleek gown.

The only thing I didn’t like about this look was the ombre ponytail. It’s a tad tacky for me.

A bubblegum pink pout completed her look.

[nggallery id=1051]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Daisy Lowe In Jenny Packham - Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

Daisy Lowe In Jenny Packham – Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

Camilla Belle In Oscar de la Renta - Andrea Bocelli Foundation's 2011 Benefit Gala

Camilla Belle In Oscar de la Renta – Andrea Bocelli Foundation’s 2011 Benefit Gala

27 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Jenny Packham – 2011 American Giving Awards

1. noo December 12, 2011 at 10:04 #

this is not a bad dress on milry but i hate the hair and accessories!

2. couturecoco December 12, 2011 at 10:05 #

I love the dress on her but feel her scraped back ponytail and the eye make up are much too heavy for one so young. Plenty of time for that later :-)

3. Martin December 12, 2011 at 10:17 #

Much prefer the way in which the gown draps across the bust on the runway model – it has a refinement and elegance to it. Miley’s appears strained and is a little too booby for my liking. Also, the third close-up shot suggests that whoever did her make-up for the event should never be allowed near her face again. That blotchiness of the forehead suggests a job very poorly done.

• Martin December 12, 2011 at 10:31 #

Sorry, meant the second close-up shot.

• TeaAtTwo December 12, 2011 at 10:34 #

+1 – also the ponytail looks way too tight and severe aka ‘croydon facelift’. On the runway it looks fit for a princess on miley it looks like a gown only fit for a playboy model.

• andrea December 12, 2011 at 14:21 #

+1, she’s not the right height to successfully pull this look off.

4. Michelle December 12, 2011 at 10:22 #

I think this is my favorite look of hers on the red-carpet yet. But I was looking at the image and thought something wasn’t right with the image until I realized that perhaps, the dress makes her seem shorter than she is?

5. mandy December 12, 2011 at 10:34 #

Waaay too much make up. I’d like EVERYTHING bout this look had it not been Miley Cyrus.

• Mary Gatto December 12, 2011 at 11:24 #

Oh, good! I thought it was just me ;)

6. Marrie December 12, 2011 at 10:40 #

The dress is pretty but the hair is HORRIBLE. The ONLY person I have seen the ombre look work on/look very classy and beautiful is Lauren Conrad. She had the ideal ombre look. Miley’s looks super tacky, as mentioned already, and her natural hair color is way too dark to go with the bleach blonde. She should either change her hair color to something lighter and then go super blonde at the tips or keep the color and go for a lighter, but not quite as blond bottom. Yuck, I can’t get over how bad it looks!

7. robbie December 12, 2011 at 10:40 #

love the dress but i hate it on her. also such a elegant dress and she pairs it with ugly jewellery. one good thing those shoes are FABULOUS!

• dee December 12, 2011 at 14:02 #

That is my issue as well the jewelry. it’s too much of it and it’s gaudy.

8. Kadie December 12, 2011 at 10:44 #

I really like the dress but there are so many things going on with this look that ruin it. First of all, has anyone else noticed how bad her makeup looks? Her forehead has weird splotches and her lipstick or whatever that color on her lips (it could be just the gloss and the lighting) looks terrible. She should have taken out some of her earrings… looks super tacky. The hair is a wreck and as FC pointed out the ombre ponytail is not doing her any favors. I’m not a fan of Miley but I would like to see her try and look decent on the red carpet.

9. MEME December 12, 2011 at 11:06 #

I hate Ombre hair…. but Miley looks good here…

10. chocolatepluscheese December 12, 2011 at 11:26 #

I love the dress, but Miley completely destroys it. The hair is terrible, the accessories are overkill, and the bust looks inappropriately revealing at first glance, even though it’s not.

11. bm December 12, 2011 at 11:28 #

the Hair is the only one i didn’t like here. Shame cause i like everything .

12. Jess2 December 12, 2011 at 12:42 #

I really love the dress, it is so beautiful and looks nice on her. I also like the shoes. I like the style of her hair but the ombre colour is awfuly tacky. Her accessories are really bad. I don’t like the darker gunmetal type colour with the colour of the gown. It comes across that he was trying too hard to mesh rock chick with elegance and it wasn’t successful.

13. Ade December 12, 2011 at 12:49 #

I think she looks great, with Miley you really can’t expect much, this is as close as it’s gonna get so let’s just be glad.

14. Jen December 12, 2011 at 13:15 #

I think she’s (slowly) moving in the right direction. The dress is wearing her a bit and, well, the makeup and hair is tragic. But, you know, she’s usually worse so I have to say it’s an improvement.

• maria December 12, 2011 at 16:33 #

i agree that it’s an improvement, but it wish she would have not pronounce the cleavage like that.

15. JJovana3 December 12, 2011 at 14:56 #

I love the nailpolish. It looks deep navy with sparkle in it. I know its a stretch, but if someone could name it, that would be lovely.

16. EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2011 at 17:50 #

I think that this delicate dress looks tacky on Miley, and the hair is horrendous! :(

17. Lou December 12, 2011 at 20:17 #

Don’t like the bangles – too dark for her look and the ponytail is awful!!

18. Parvati December 13, 2011 at 01:06 #

I don’t like anything about this look – especially the hair. I don’t think this hairstyle does anything for her. Plus, I feel there is too much bling in this look.

19. Saran December 13, 2011 at 10:16 #

Such a lovely dress spoilt by her..!! This dress cries for someone with attitude, grace and elegance.. By the way, it lookd great on the model..!

• Saran December 13, 2011 at 10:23 #

May be on Charlize Theron..