I was wondering why Jessica Chastain was still at the 2011 Marrakech Film Festival, but it turns out she is a jury members for the event.

On Saturday night she attended the closing ceremony wearing a Viktor & Rolf Spring 2012 dress. This is our first look at this collection on the red carpet.

I love that the dress is not typical of what we’ve come to expect from Jessica, but the colour is.

This is the second time in a row she has opted for this peachy/nude colour and once again I believe it’s washing her out.

Had this dress been in the vivid blue hue of look 24, I think I would’ve loved this on Jessica.

The red haired actress didn’t wear any jewels as she just added Sergio Rossi ‘Boidea’ nude satin open toe pumps with Swarovski crystal embellishments.

A tight ponytail and dark pink lips completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & PA

Miley Cyrus In Juan Carlos Obando - 2011 CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute Performance

Miley Cyrus In Juan Carlos Obando – 2011 CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute Performance

Emmy Rossum's Rebecca Taylor Printed Silk-Chiffon Dress

Emmy Rossum’s Rebecca Taylor Printed Silk-Chiffon Dress

31 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Viktor & Rolf – 2011 Marrakech Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. dee December 12, 2011 at 17:07 #

I don’t like the top part as it crushing her chest and the color washes her out.

• Valeria December 13, 2011 at 01:03 #

I agree, the bust fit is desperate, and color doesn’t do her any favors

2. Line December 12, 2011 at 17:13 #

Anyway, she looks beautiful as ever. Flawless!

3. Nat39 December 12, 2011 at 17:17 #

Not sure if this dress is for her at all regardless of the colour, seems a bit too playful for her, not liking the fit in the bust area (Oh, that poor squished boob!!), the pumps are too heavy, don`t flatter her legs, and her hairstyle is a bit too severe.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 13, 2011 at 00:25 #

+1. You said it all Nat39!

• Jess2 December 13, 2011 at 10:27 #

+2 – completely agree, I don’t think this is flattering her body at all especially with the dress digging in to her breast. I like the shorter version seen on the runway. Does she have a stylist? She needs someone to teacher how to compliment her colouring and flatter her body.

4. bm December 12, 2011 at 17:18 #

Wish the shoes is in different color and wish she opted for red-lips.

5. Giuseppi Giraffe December 12, 2011 at 17:32 #

ooh i love this dress. she’s not wearing it very well, not to be nasty but she just really isn’t wearing it very well. the color is definitely not working on her, but it could be that he runway model looks so good in it.
    +1 to the comment about the blue- it would have brought this look to life for her

now that i’m really looking at this collection, i’m noticing for the first time how awesome it is- really terrific stuff. it’s got a lot of very costumey looks, but i’m a huge sucker for sculpted details in a gown

6. Mary Gatto December 12, 2011 at 17:34 #

The second picture shows serious troubles on the boob area…

7. dressaddict December 12, 2011 at 17:35 #

That looks weird on her chest. Maybe she should’ve gone a size up?

8. Rebecca Z December 12, 2011 at 17:39 #

No…bad fit (so many ways)

9. Linda December 12, 2011 at 17:41 #

I love this look and am sincerely hoping it’s just bad lighting!

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2011 at 17:56 #

Ugh…I really dislkie this. It looks like a sea creature–AND it’s washing her out! I love Jessica and wish she would wear more bright colors. This isn’t doing anything for her.

11. Sharon December 12, 2011 at 18:02 #

The dress is just all kinds of wrong for her. In addition to the color being bad, it doesn’t fit her either. The top is way too tight, and lengthening the skirt took away most of the design’s personality. Bad, bad choice. A beautiful woman with gorgeous red hair should look a whole lot better.

12. CTgirl December 12, 2011 at 18:03 #

A runway dress that shouldn’t be attempted in real life. The color is awful for 99% of women and the cut is impossible unless you are built like the runway model. Not recommended for mere mortals.

• dee December 12, 2011 at 20:42 #

I agree.

• Dhppy December 13, 2011 at 01:15 #

Exactly what I was thinking. This dress can’t make the conversion to the real world. It has to be worn on the smallest of frames, seen at the right angle and lit just so.

13. maria December 12, 2011 at 18:04 #

i love the hair and makeup, plus the shoe choice, but i agree, the colour is not working for her. What a shame, as you say, it would have probably looked amazing in blue.

14. mm December 12, 2011 at 18:06 #

I agree, wrong color again

15. amber December 12, 2011 at 18:23 #

really interesting dress but she doesn’t well it very well.

16. Thirteen December 12, 2011 at 19:18 #

Not a fan. I feel like she always wants to wear couture and the newest/best fashions, but they don’t look good on her.

17. Camellia December 12, 2011 at 19:23 #

Love the dress on the model but Jessica doesn’t pull it off.

• andrea December 12, 2011 at 20:05 #

+1. Jessica has a larger mid-section than the model and this dress isn’t flattering her at all.

18. D December 12, 2011 at 23:49 #

love it on the model!

19. TeaAtTwo December 13, 2011 at 00:44 #

I really want to like it for being in an interesting dress but the unflattering colour and the poor fit can’t be ignored. Love her shoes though.

20. Parvati December 13, 2011 at 01:34 #

I also think that this colour washes her out a bit, but I love that she opted for such a daring dress. I agree that if it was blue it would have been perfect, but I still like the one she wore.

21. Raquel December 13, 2011 at 02:36 #

I don’t mind the color, the lack of jewelry annoys me – come on little studs never hurt anyone – but it’s the fitting that ruins this for me.

22. Fiona December 13, 2011 at 03:39 #

Yuk, she cannot wear this colour – please make her stop!! The dress does not fit her, it looks awful. It is too long and droopy on the bottom and is all wrinkly and squashed on the top, not good at all I’m afraid.

23. Emi December 13, 2011 at 09:16 #

The dress it self is very interesting (everything by V&R is) but the color washes her out and I don’t understand why she keeps wearing these light and nude colors. I don’t like the shoes, and I agree with a previous comment, red lipstick would have been better.

24. Alina December 13, 2011 at 14:37 #

Or look 41 or … a green dress from the Elie Saab Spring 2012 collection.

25. Lucía December 13, 2011 at 18:19 #

I don’t like how the color looks against her skin!