Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung – Tom Cruise Welcome To Mumbai Party

When Tom Cruise arrived in Mumbai earlier this week to promote ‘Mission Impossible’, a welcome bash was hosted in his honour at the Taj Mahal Hotel.

Sonam Kapoor attended wearing her third Prabal Gurung red carpet look, this time from the designers’ Fall 2011 collection.

Her crimson draped bustier dress with a purposely frayed hemline and black leather waistband looks surprisingly playful on Sonam.

I guess that’s because of the sassy side ponytail she’s got going on.

A black Bottega Veneta clutch, black Burberry sandals and Sunita Kapoor signature line earrings completed her look.

I only like this from the ankle up, the sandals are really basic and don’t do anything for the dress.

Credit: Style.com

Laura Marano In Elisabetta Franchi  - Disney Channel Presents 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards

Laura Marano In Elisabetta Franchi – Disney Channel Presents 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards

Leona Lewis' Topshop Oxblood Satin Collar Jacket

Leona Lewis’ Topshop Oxblood Satin Collar Jacket

27 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung – Tom Cruise Welcome To Mumbai Party

1. love December 9, 2011 at 17:09 #

Wow, she looks radiant!

• Alina December 9, 2011 at 17:42 #

2. Nat39 December 9, 2011 at 17:40 #

Love the dress on her, interesting cut, lovely colour and fit, adorable hairstyle. The rather tough leather belt and the very simplistic thick-strap sandals seem to work together but not quite with the adorable playfulness of the dress/overall look.

3. jo December 9, 2011 at 17:42 #

Anja Rubik also wore this dress few months earlier. I think it was at some event in Poland. If I remember correctly she had way better shoes. Sonam looks good though.

4. Emi December 9, 2011 at 18:13 #

I agree with you, FC, about everything.

• maria December 9, 2011 at 19:23 #

same here.

5. Mary Gatto December 9, 2011 at 18:13 #

Agree 100% with you, FC! Great dress, poor shoes. They’re too ordinary, cheap looking…

6. fromchi-town December 9, 2011 at 18:15 #

I agree with you FC, I like it only ankles up. Don’t like those shoes at all.

7. dee December 9, 2011 at 18:24 #

Yeah I agree that the shoes could have been better but other than that she looks cute.

• Linda December 11, 2011 at 14:43 #

Yeah, it really comes alive on her. It looks festive and fun.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 9, 2011 at 19:32 #

This dress is wonderful. I love the neckline on the runway! I am not loving how her side ponytail is covering it up. Shoes could have been better. All in all, still pretty great!

• Martin December 9, 2011 at 23:57 #

How amazing is that neckline on the runway? It is a shame that she has the ponytail covering it though. Totally kills the cleanness and sharpness of the line. Otherwise though, she looks fabulous.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 19:41 #

Dress is much better on her than the model! :) Great color for her but…ugh those shoes! They look like fancy Birkenstocks lol.

10. Jones19 December 9, 2011 at 20:12 #

I just don’t like this dress to begin with but it looks okay on Sonam.

11. TeaAtTwo December 9, 2011 at 20:29 #

She’s everywhere lately. I like that she tries bold pieces. When she gets to shoes too she’ll be totally amazing.

12. gurlygurl December 9, 2011 at 23:38 #

Lovely dress… it looks different to the runway version as alot of the detail seems missing. Still… a good look until it gets to the hemline… not a fan of a frayed hem on a beautiful dress and the shoes are not the best choice.

13. Carmen December 10, 2011 at 03:28 #

I’m starting to develop a girl-crush on Sonam Kapoor! She pulls off so many high-fashion looks many starlets will never have the ability to. I remember seeing this dress on Net-a-porter.com and wondering, “This would make someone look pregnant. Who would be able to pull off this dress?” Sonam Kapoor does so flawlessly!

14. Stella December 10, 2011 at 20:48 #

please dont post this spoiled over rated brat on your website. its an insult to fashion.

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2011 at 20:56 #

Eh??? Wow. I’m sorry but I don’t share your jealously/hate/dislike/whatever for Sonam.

She is a woman wearing fashionable clothes. THAT is what my site is about.

I don’t care for your personal issues with her, so please don’t expect me to share them.

• stella December 11, 2011 at 00:18 #

Your entitled to your opinion and so am I. I take it you are a Canadian Desi. Its alright, thanks for clearing up your standards and your definition of ‘fashionable’

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2011 at 10:31 #

I’m black British. So you are WRONG once again.

Like I said before you are in no position to tell me who I should feature on my site.

I think it is very sad that you harbour just ill feelings to someone you don’t even know. Very sad indeed.

I suggest you focus on something more positive.

I feel very sorry for you. What a very unhappy life you must live.

I send you my praise and blessings

• zina December 12, 2011 at 12:00 #

seriously, stella? you should share you feelings in a gossip forum, not on a fashion blog sweetheart.

• PB December 12, 2011 at 17:59 #

Wow, Stella, shocked at your personal jibes. first at Sonam and then at FC. this is a harmless, fun and well put-together fashion blog, so need to bring your own personal distaste into it. And it’s ridiculous that you harbor so much hatred toward someone you don’t even know.

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2011 at 18:00 #

Thank you PB. It is really ridiculous.

I just don’t understand Stella’s way of thinking

15. anu December 11, 2011 at 12:05 #

This dress just looks ok on her . Moreover if one notices there are bit if threads coming out of her dress which are looking really awful .

16. Stella December 18, 2011 at 09:04 #

No need to feel sorry for me, I am content and happy with my life and thanks for the praises and blessings, I appreciate them. As for getting your ethnicity wrong, I apologize, its a bit hard to see whose on the other side or the screen. And as far as the not knowing of sonam, I doubt you do, because I most certainly do and have known the Kapoor clan for over 15yrs. Thank u very much. Don’t mistake my opinion of her with jealously, A person should have something worth being jealous of. She is over rated for someone who only spends daddys money on designer things that she herself can’t even coordinate properly without copying the runway almost to the T and in all honesty doesn’t make it work unless ofcourse you consider looking like a giant maxi pad at a chanel show ‘fashionable’

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2011 at 13:59 #

I will let you have the last word on this, because I could never be so bitter and jealous, so I can’t relate.