09.12.11

More From The 2011 UNICEF Ball Red Carpet

Here some more lovely ladies who attended the 2011 UNICEF Ball in New York City last night with Brooklyn Decker, Nicole Richie and Diane Kruger.

Jayma Mays: The ‘Glee’ actress opted for a very bi-colour Kova & T dress with a pleated skirt. Her dress had a plunging open back, so I wish Jayma had opted for a chic bun. I keep going back and forth as to whether this look needed a waistband. What do you think?

Kristen Bell: The actress opted for an ivory Grecian Christian Dior Resort 2012 dress with a draped shoulder detail. I love her accessories, especially the tasseled Katerina Maxine earrings. I just wish they weren’t completing against her the loose pieces of hair framing her face. A Judith Leiber clutch completed her look.

Rose McGowan: The actress was relied upon to be the bombshell on this red carpet and she didn’t disappoint. Her sexy Dolce & Gabbana demi-couture floral gown was teamed with Baccarat jewels and a Judith Leiber bag. There are 46 pictures of Rose at this event; amazingly she has a different pout in every picture.

Emma Roberts' Proenza Schouler PS1 Suede Satchel

Emma Roberts’ Proenza Schouler PS1 Suede Satchel

Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung - Tom Cruise Welcome To Mumbai Party

Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung – Tom Cruise Welcome To Mumbai Party

19 Responses to More From The 2011 UNICEF Ball Red Carpet

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 9, 2011 at 16:42 #

I love all three looks, now that I have seen Jayma’s from the back. I wish the front had a narrow belt to break up the front. Good look for Kristen. First Dolce dress I have liked in a long time.

• maria December 9, 2011 at 19:22 #

i agree. it’s beautiful from the back, but if you look at it from the front, something is missing. Still, i like the simplicity of it.
      Kristen Bell looks nice, but the dress is a bit too long.
      I love the colours on Rose’s dress. Great pattern.

• Martin December 10, 2011 at 00:01 #

Jayma looks the best for me, but I think the dress is really missing a belt to draw the eye in at the waist and complete the look. That back is truly divine – so simple yet so dramatic. Seeing some of the tragedies that we have been subjected to this week (Fergie, I’m talking to you), there is a lot to be said for understatement on the red carpet.

2. Alina December 9, 2011 at 16:44 #

Kristen Bell is BDOTW worthy for me.

3. noo December 9, 2011 at 16:52 #

i think krstin’s dress is dior from the resort 2012 collection

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 17:14 #

Hmmm….I think you maybe right, but I’m wondering if the Dior dress has a slash on the shoulder?

• noo December 9, 2011 at 17:20 #

i always thought it did :D u can see some extra fabric behind the model’s waist! and the fabric extends below her feet even though you can see the hemline!

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 17:37 #

thanks . I think you are right

4. D December 9, 2011 at 17:01 #

Bell rocks

5. Manel December 9, 2011 at 17:19 #

The Grecian dress seems to be a Christian Dior Resort 2012 collection.Carina lau have worn a semblable dress http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/2012RST-CDIOR?event=show2282&designer=design_house27&trend=&iphoto=19#slide=19

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 17:37 #

• Manel December 9, 2011 at 17:43 #

Not at all.^^

6. Emi December 9, 2011 at 18:10 #

I love Rose McGowan’s dress.

7. dee December 9, 2011 at 18:23 #

I only like Kristen Bell’s look.

8. mattison December 9, 2011 at 19:09 #

I can’t help but comment on how unrecognizable Rose McGowan looks now. It ruins the fact that her dress is gorgeous and her body looks amazing in it.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 19:40 #

Jayma looked very old to me..the dress aged her though it wasn’t bad in itself. Needs a waistband. Kirsten Bell’s look didn’t wow me enough, although I liked the idea of it. I thought Rose’s dress was a bit OTT.

10. Jones19 December 9, 2011 at 20:13 #

All three are great looks but Jayma Mays should really have worn her hair up with that open back.

11. Shaina December 10, 2011 at 00:13 #

Rose McGowan is my absolute favorite! She looks gorgeous. I do think that Jayma needed a belt though–a nice narrow one would be the icing on the cake. Kristen looks like an angel–pure perfection.

12. Jess2 December 10, 2011 at 14:04 #

WOW Rose McGowan is stunning, she is definitely my favourite!! I love every look, all the ladies look so beautiful. amazing