Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld and Giovanna Battaglia attended Carter Cleveland, Wendi Murdoch And Dasha Zhukova’s party at the Soho Beach House in Miami, Florida late last week.

The L’Uomo Vogue editor and freelance stylist wore a Givenchy Resort 2012 dress.

If this dress was to ever hit the red carpet it would most definitely be lined, but the daring fashionista opted to wear look as Riccardo Tisci intended it to be worn.

A nude bodysuit with purple sequin floral appliqués has a sheer overlay which is also decorated with purple sequins.

You can only really get away with this type of look at an event hosted and attended by like-minded fashion folks and if you have a rockin’ body, so Giovanna is free and clear on all counts.

She added a khaki blazer which is undoing all the good work of the Givenchy dress, but she did wear the same sequin peep-toe ankle boots as the model.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Upton's Altuzarra 'Walker' Dress And Jimmy Choo 'Ciggy' Clutch

Kate Upton’s Altuzarra ‘Walker’ Dress And Jimmy Choo ‘Ciggy’ Clutch

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

19 Responses to Giovanna Battaglia In Givenchy – ‘Carter Cleveland, Wendi Murdoch And Dasha Zhukova’s Soho Beach House Party

1. Alina December 9, 2011 at 17:57 #

I would have liked to see the lined dress on Cate Blanchett. :)

• EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 19:36 #

Totally! Cate is a fashion icon and would have rocked the (lined) look.

2. Carolina December 9, 2011 at 18:06 #

This look should have stayed on the runway. The fabric is gorgeous, no doubt – but it’s more a swimsuit coverup than anything else – certainly not a fashion statement of anything except ‘look at my underwear’.

• Vibes December 9, 2011 at 18:13 #

And to also say “I am not drinking today, because it’s too hard going to the bathroom in this here outfit.”

Awful awful awful…

• J December 9, 2011 at 18:46 #

rotfl

3. Emi December 9, 2011 at 18:17 #

I don’t like the jacket. Honestly I don’t understand why she’s considered so stylish, so beautiful etc. Plus, I think she looks much older than her age.

4. jeny December 9, 2011 at 18:19 #

i gree

5. dee December 9, 2011 at 18:27 #

Looks trashy.

6. Nat39 December 9, 2011 at 18:34 #

She is def. not getting a pass from me simply because this dress doesn`t suit her overall rather old-looking appearance despite her amazing body – as it happens, she (her face and presence) looks a lot older than her age making the whole thing look like a try-hard aging woman with a much younger boyfriend at the party. The khaki blazer (why??) kills this delicate dress entirely.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 9, 2011 at 19:27 #

+1 and well said.

• Martin December 9, 2011 at 23:49 #

+ 2. Don’t really want to hate on Giovanna but I’ve always found her to be quite overrated and this look just confirms it to me. Nothing here is making sense to me.

• Marybeth December 10, 2011 at 00:02 #

7. Nat December 9, 2011 at 18:55 #

Sometimes there’s a thin line between “fashion-forward” and “tacky”. Going out basically wearing a sheer embrodied panel (albeit a very pretty one) over a nude swimsuit still makes you cross that line, at least for me. Even if you’re at an event like this one.
    I love the shoes, though.

8. JG December 9, 2011 at 19:08 #

Looks like a bad version of a Prabal SS 2012 dress

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 19:36 #

WHAT? For one thing, a sheer dress like that is tacky, but it’s just ludicrous with a KHAKI BLAZER!

10. Mol December 9, 2011 at 21:04 #

The addition of the blazer makes the whole thing look ridiculous. I often like Giovanna’s looks but big pass by me on this particular effort.

11. SkirtTheIssue December 9, 2011 at 23:53 #

I think I am the only one who kind of likes it! The party is called the “soho beach party”, so it’s like a fashion way of dressing to the theme? it’s a bit like Carine’s Vampire Ball- if non-fashion folk like myself went to a party titled that, we’d wear costume-hire black coats, or find some old black dress from the dregs of our cupboards- the fashion people wore beautiful lacy couture. If non fashion people went to a party with “beach party” in the title, we’d probably dress wear a bikini with a summer dress- fashion folk use it is an excuse to wear a piece thats essentially a Givenchy bathing suit and gorgeous cover up! (though if I did live in fashion-land, I would have chosen to wear somethings from Stella M’s beautiful resort collection to this event- the ones’ that looked like fancy surf wear)

12. Carmen December 10, 2011 at 00:07 #

I actually love the addition of the blazer! She looks gorgeous and can pull off anything and I absolutely love her page on W every month. :)

13. Vanessa December 10, 2011 at 14:26 #

i usually love everything gio wears, but not this time round