Fergie attended the ‘A Night Of Firsts’ event, presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and InStyle, in LA last night.

The Black Eyed Peas singer wore a typically jovial Jean-Charles de Castelbajac Felix the Cat print dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

The front of the dress has a large satin bow, whilst the back of the dress proves that this dress just didn’t fit.

I have two questions:

1. Why did Fergie modify this dress with a black panel to cover up the fact that she couldn’t zip up her dress?

2. Why was she posing on the red carpet with her back to the photographers for the world to see her gaping error?

Had this been me, and trust me it never would be, I would’ve spent the whole night with my back to the wall.

I am truly baffled by this.

This is a new low for Fergie. From the dress, the style and her hair, it just wasn’t her night.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Roundup

17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Roundup

Brooklyn Decker In Tory Burch - 2011 UNICEF Ball

Brooklyn Decker In Tory Burch – 2011 UNICEF Ball

46 Responses to Fergie In Jean-Charles de Castelbajac – ‘A Night Of Firsts’ Presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and InStyle

1. Alina December 9, 2011 at 14:33 #

No words for this.

2. Emi December 9, 2011 at 14:40 #

Tacky, as usual.

3. DivaMom December 9, 2011 at 14:48 #

??????????????????

4. dee December 9, 2011 at 14:49 #

Awful.

5. doc December 9, 2011 at 14:59 #

I heard that she is pregnant. All signs point to this being the case. She has gained a considerable amounf ot weight (think about her in that god awful black Louis Vuitton ensemble last summer, much thinner right?) Also the Black Eyed Peas are on a hiatus from performing. Now she makes an appearance in a dress that doesn’t fit with a HUGE bow on the front that just happens to fall down her front and obscures her belly from scrutiny. I think pregnancy is the underlying issue. But that doesn’t excuse poor dressing. The only excuse that I can think of as to why she would still wear this dress when clearly something is wrong with it is perhaps she was paid to do it, or was doing it as a favor and even though it didn’t fit she still wanted to honor the agreement. It’s hard to believe that was the case though because surely this designer would not want thier work showcased in such a bad manner. Either way, clearly the dress doesn’t work and it would have been smarter to just go buy another one at a local store.

• Gigi December 9, 2011 at 15:33 #

Good thought, doc. That would explain gargantuan boobs,,,, but if you look at the other Getty images, a few show her from the side and her tummy looks pretty flat…although that dress is like a girdle and could be holding her in mightily.. Too bad her dressing isn’t up to par with her singing.

6. Linda December 9, 2011 at 15:03 #

See, THIS is why I don’t like her style, ever.

She takes something delightful and fun from the runway and modifies it to fit her cookie cutter, too tight, too short, strapless, attention-seeking style.

Horrible. Horrible.

There are no words for the zipper.

The really sad part is that I’ve never heard of this designer and the dress is awesome and she destroyed it. I really hope someone wears it properly because I find it delightful. Katie Price would look great or Zoe Deshanel. Someone with style.

I’m so annoyed right now.

• Dani December 12, 2011 at 21:59 #

You did not just say Katie Price was someone with style. Also, I’m reasonably sure Katie Price and Zoe Deshanel would have as disparate wardrobes as is possible.

• Linda December 13, 2011 at 00:29 #

LOL! Good grief, you are right. Thanks. I meant to say Katie Perry, the singer. I like her style and Zoe’s as well and I think they would both look cute in this dress. (I just looked up Katie Price and she is not someone whose aesthetic I admire one bit).

• Dani December 13, 2011 at 10:10 #

Haha, thought that might have been what you meant! And I agree – much more suited to someone like Katy Perry or Zoe!!

7. Elisa December 9, 2011 at 15:03 #

As one who often has the problem of not being able to fit into dresses or shirts because of rather big breasts, I am left completely speechless by this. It’s about the most annoying thing in the world, as far as I’m concerned, so WTF?!

8. GusMex December 9, 2011 at 15:10 #

i imagine fergie in the walk of shame video from havey nicols, hahahaha

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 15:18 #

OMG…LOL

• mol December 9, 2011 at 15:44 #

Ha Ha, so funny!!

9. noo December 9, 2011 at 15:15 #

what the……?
    i have never been tempted to curse on this blog before now!!! is there a worst dressed of the year list or should we just agree that fergie gets the award now?!

• Mary Gatto December 9, 2011 at 17:54 #

I can’t remember of a bigger disaster! She takes the prize as far as I’m concerned.

10. Sabrina December 9, 2011 at 15:25 #

Maybe it’s just me, but I think this was on purpose. Maybe it’s a ‘funny’ touch by the designer? Or maybe it’s her way to show she’s pregnant…

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 15:31 #

I don’t believe so.

The dress a few season old, so probably the only size left was a sample size.

Fergie, like myself, is not a sample size.

Know your limits

• Parvati December 9, 2011 at 16:12 #

The possibility of this being a “funny” touch by the designer is what I also thought when I saw these pictures. It’s the only reason that would justify her posing with her back to the cameras. If that wasn’t on purpose, though, and it’s only a matter of fitting, then I really wonder what she was thinking…

• Mary Gatto December 9, 2011 at 17:57 #

I thought so too, when I first saw the pictures. But then I thought that, were this disaster suppose to be funny, it wouldn’t be a black pannel, right? I’d be blue or red, to really stand out. And I don’t think she got what it takes to carry a funny outfit. Tacky, on the other hand…

• gurlygurl December 9, 2011 at 23:46 #

Agreed… even if this was intended Fergie would not be the one to make it look interesting or kitschy. “Know your limits” … indeed. If it doesn’t fit put it back! What a shame and she actually looked nice just a few days ago in the silver dress. I guess at least the disasterous zipper distracts from that disasterous hair!!

11. JJovana3 December 9, 2011 at 15:26 #

Fergie cant dress to save her life. This will give me fashion nightmares. Just awful, tacky, ill-fitting, I could go on.

12. bee7 December 9, 2011 at 15:41 #

LOL what was her thinking

13. Goodie December 9, 2011 at 15:49 #

Could it be that the sipper has undone itself and Fergie didn’t notice?

• Zee December 9, 2011 at 16:46 #

LOL. then she should thank god that it didn’t go all the way down.

this is just awful. How can she…

14. Nat December 9, 2011 at 15:54 #

This is so dramatically wrong that it’s actually kinda comical.

15. Lucy Diamond December 9, 2011 at 16:20 #

I’d be raging if I designed an outfit and then someone wore it like this. We’ve all had those ‘I love this but just can’t fit into it’ outfits but common sense takes over and you hang it back up. Even if we pretend her zip broke en route surely a replacement of sorts could have been found?

16. gabis December 9, 2011 at 16:21 #

I just can’t… it’s so beyond anything that it makes it worthless to actually point out all that is wrong about this look . I don’t think there are enough words in the dictionary to describe this disaster. All I can say is that it’s a shame and that I’m sorry she picked this out considering she has acess to the world’s best designers and outfits…

17. CTgirl December 9, 2011 at 16:59 #

Aside from the zipper faux pas, there is a giant Felix pussy cat way too close to her lady bits. So not good.

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 17:07 #

LOL….OMG…I spat out my drink.

Need to wipe down my keyboard..

18. mattison December 9, 2011 at 17:29 #

The most unfortunate part for me is that Fergie can and has looked beautiful on the red carpet before. This look is doing nothing for her, besides making her look like a linebacker in a trampy Halloween costume. And her hairstylist should be ashamed for allowing her to think those parched locks are a good idea.

19. Giuseppi Giraffe December 9, 2011 at 17:45 #

I am baffled. Could this have been intentional? Could she have been trying to make a statement? Surely, if she hadn’t meant for the dress to be halfways unzipped, she wouldn’t have posed with her back to the cameras.

• Parvati December 9, 2011 at 18:18 #

That’s what I thought, too.

20. EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 18:36 #

“Had this been me, and trust me, it never would be” Haha FC I could NEVER imagine you wearing this. It would be like you wearing white pumps! :D
    As for Fergie…this is TERRIBLE. I don’t like what she normally wears but please–doesn’t she have enough money (and a stylist?) to find a dress that fits? Inexcusable.

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2011 at 18:37 #

lol…so true ;D

21. karen December 9, 2011 at 18:56 #

I think her boobs are too big for any size small off the rack dress. And she always needs a small dress because she’s small waist down.

22. maria December 9, 2011 at 19:29 #

if you can find the time to add a panel, you could just buy a bigger dress and fit it to your waist…..

23. Jones19 December 9, 2011 at 20:19 #

Why couldn’t she put on a blazer or something to cover that up? Trashtastic.

• KateS December 10, 2011 at 01:27 #

I agree, a blazer would have been a really simple solution. She actually chose to go out like this!

24. TeaAtTwo December 9, 2011 at 20:41 #

Fergie proving that money can’t buy style or class but it can get one a whole lot of crap.

25. J December 10, 2011 at 05:30 #

lol why didn’t she just put a bow in the back as well?

26. Jess2 December 10, 2011 at 13:46 #

I don’t know whether she is pregnant or if she did this on purpose for attention but there is no excuse for this horrendous look. I don’t get it

27. Camellia December 10, 2011 at 18:50 #