Andrea Riseborough In Erdem – BVLGARI Celebrates the Holidays

Andrea Riseborough was in LA on Wednesday for the BVLGARI Celebrates the Holidays event.

The actress wore a pale blue floral Erdem Spring 2012 dress with sheer neckline and sleeve detailing.

Her dress was paired with silver Barbara Bui snakeskin pumps and an oversized black and brown bag.

While the old-lady-esque bag paired with such an ornate floral print could easily scream ‘nursing home’, this look is entirely saved by modern hair and makeup.

Andrea rocks the always-popular top-knot, and wears minimal makeup, save for an orange lip – which, coincidentally, has just been named Pantone’s colour of 2012.

We would still opt to ditch the bag, but kudos for the most fashion-forward hair and makeup we’ve seen on Andrea in quite some time.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger In Emilio Pucci - 2011 Unicef Ball

Diane Kruger In Emilio Pucci – 2011 Unicef Ball

Emma Roberts' Elizabeth and James New Rory Bouclé-Sleeved Denim Biker Jacket

Emma Roberts’ Elizabeth and James New Rory Bouclé-Sleeved Denim Biker Jacket

15 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Erdem – BVLGARI Celebrates the Holidays

1. Martin December 9, 2011 at 10:01 #

Not particularly feeling this look. The dress and the shoes are fine but that bag is truly an aberration. Why, why, why would you choose to accessorise such a dainty and delicate dress with such a heavy and brutal bag?

I don’t mind the orange lip colour but I am well and truly over the top-knot hair. Don’t think it is particularly fashion-forward either – girls have been wearing it for the best part of two years in pretty much every major city in the world. This doesn’t seem like a particularly well thought-out or cleanly articulated look to me.

2. Nat December 9, 2011 at 11:02 #

This must be one of the most mis-matched dress/bag combo ever.
    Also, the orange lipstick doesn’t really suit her, or her dress.

3. Katie December 9, 2011 at 12:40 #

Fantastic dress, drooling over the whole ensemble. *Photoshops out the bag* ah, much better.

4. dee December 9, 2011 at 12:58 #

I wish she’d get rid of the blank stare. She looks okay, not really wowing me.

5. Jones19 December 9, 2011 at 13:11 #

Such a pretty and delicate dress…hate that ugly bag ugh.

6. Alina December 9, 2011 at 13:22 #

The bag is a crazy choice.

7. Emi December 9, 2011 at 14:14 #

She looks lovely as usual but this isn’t one of her best outfit. I don’t understand that bag and the length, the runway version is better.

• maria December 9, 2011 at 15:22 #

i agree. the length does not work and to be honest i am not sure the pale blue is the best colour for her.
      not her best showing.

• Leti December 9, 2011 at 21:39 #

I completely agree, and I don’t like the shoes, either.

8. Moxie December 9, 2011 at 15:23 #

The bag is all wrong. The dress is lovely, but she’s all wrinkled. I disagree about the makeup. She’s too pale and the lipstick is jarring.

9. Parvati December 9, 2011 at 15:42 #

The bag is just wrong with this outfit, but if we ignore it, I think it’s a really cute look. However, I think she looks way too pale in this photo.

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 18:48 #

Love the dress, the shoes, her makeup–her hair is a little weird and that bag needs to go!

11. gurlygurl December 9, 2011 at 23:58 #

Adore the runway shoes! I really like this dress on Andrea. The bold lip and updo works well. I’m not loving the silver pumps but they’re not hideously wrong either. That bag is just silly!