Dianna Agron In Mary Katrantzou – NYLON December/January Issue Party

It was round two for this Mary Katrantzou gorgeous jewel tree floral print last night at the NYLON December/January issue party held at the Writer’s Room in LA.

Cover girl Dianna Agron wore the short-sleeve version of this Fall 2011 dress with black Rodarte for Opening Ceremony crochet lace up booties to give the look a mod feel.

This toughening up of the look was contradicted with a very girlie hairstyle, as Dianna added a jewelled hairband to her beautiful updo.

Sans footwear, this was an utterly gorgeous look.

The hairband was a stroke of genius and for a change I really love her makeup.

Danielle Lineker wore the long-sleeve version of this dress late last month.

Dianna wears a Christopher Kane Resort 2012 neon-pink dress with white lace raglan sleeves on the cover of NYLON.

You can purchase Dianna’s Mary Katrantzou short sleeve dress from Luisa via Roma.

Christian Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

Christian Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

Jessica Biel In Valentino - 'New Year's Eve' New York Premiere

Jessica Biel In Valentino – ‘New Year’s Eve’ New York Premiere

19 Responses to Dianna Agron In Mary Katrantzou – NYLON December/January Issue Party

1. Linda December 8, 2011 at 15:16 #

I LOVE this dress. It’s magnificent – the original version, I mean. The one she’s wearing is beautiful too, but the original is amazing. I don’t like the headband with it, too girly. I do like the boots though.

2. Linda December 8, 2011 at 15:17 #

That dress she’s wearing on the cover is ridiculously short. Also, it looks like EMma Watson to me.

3. EmmaWoodhouse December 8, 2011 at 15:47 #

Ugh…don’t like either look. I like the headband and her makeup, but the Mary Katrantzou dress is too busy for my taste and the magazine cover is BAD! Such awkward angles! Just my opinion. Plus, the cover dress is too short–just like Linda said.

• Clover December 8, 2011 at 20:33 #

Is there something wrong with her arm??

• EmmaWoodhouse December 9, 2011 at 01:37 #

That’s what I thought!!! I think it’s just the angle of the shot and her strange pose. I really don’t like it. :|

4. dee December 8, 2011 at 16:00 #

Not crazy about the MK look on her. The magazine cover I kinda like.

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 8, 2011 at 16:14 #

Love the dress, don’t care for the headband, it’s reading a little Tinkerbell to me, ankle boots are weighing it down.
    Christopher Kane dress looks absurd at this length.

6. The Very Simon G December 8, 2011 at 16:36 #

HOT HOT HOT. LOVE THIS DRESS!!!!

7. Stephanie December 8, 2011 at 17:26 #

why those shooooes? i also would have preferred the look without the headband. the dress looks great on her though and her makeup is lovely too.

• Jones19 December 8, 2011 at 18:58 #

+1. The shoes are hideous and I could do without the headband. Her makeup is flawless for once.

8. andrea December 8, 2011 at 21:51 #

She is totally channeling Twiggy on that cover…. but her right arm is hanging awkwardly

9. Alysha December 8, 2011 at 23:58 #

I don’t understand why people are criticizing her for the magazine look, its not like she got to dress herself, and i’m sure there was someone there directing her poses.

Anyway, i absolutely love the top look, i think she looks great!

• Jess2 December 9, 2011 at 14:03 #

I agree Alysha…100%. The cover may be a weird angle but ultimately she probably didn’t get a choice of what to wear or of what image would be on the cover.

10. christine December 9, 2011 at 01:30 #

this is the best i have ever seen her look! definitely my best dressed of the week!

11. TeaAtTwo December 9, 2011 at 01:50 #

Nylon seem to have a party for every issue. Her outfit is incoherent with super girly band and the boots

12. Jess2 December 9, 2011 at 14:05 #

She looks really beautiful and the launch party dress is great on her. I get the clash of the booties with the headband but I don’t mind it that much

13. Mare December 12, 2011 at 03:00 #

Guys….the Christopher Kane dress is mod, so it’s actually supposed to be that short and I think it is positively GORGEOUS! Twiggy wore dresses of this exact same length, it’s a minidress calm down! It’s actually not as short as you might think. It’s a very feminine, retro, COOL,look and I just can’t get over how much I like it. The other dress those…not really my taste…

14. Mare December 12, 2011 at 03:03 #

* sorry I meant to type in though

15. MEME December 12, 2011 at 11:24 #

UGH!… I give up on her… she always dresses like someone’s grandma on the red carpet…. I am not feelin’ this look…. The NYLON cover look… I do like…. I just don’t like the cover shot…. she’s hunched over… and she has no shape…. they should’ve used another shot.,…