Claire Danes was honoured for her work at the 31st Annual New York Women in Film & Television Muse Awards in New York City on Wednesday evening.

The actress wore a black and white Valentino Resort 2012 dress, with red collar details and coral-pink pleats.

Claire opted to keep the blouse of her dress simple, by selection a sleeveless version without the keyhole detail as seen in the Valentino look book.

As a result, the look loses a bit of its romanticism with such a structured tank, making the petite actress even look a bit boxy.

Black peep-toes complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Biel In Victoria Beckham - 'The Late Show with David Letterman'

Jessica Biel In Victoria Beckham – ‘The Late Show with David Letterman’

Julianne Moore In Lanvin - Pirelli Calendar 2012 Global Launch

Julianne Moore In Lanvin – Pirelli Calendar 2012 Global Launch

16 Responses to Claire Danes In Valentino – New York Women In Film & Television 31st Annual Muse Awards

1. rebecca December 8, 2011 at 14:09 #

When I first saw this look I thought Versus Spring 2012. Claire’s version makes it look much less ‘Valentino-like’ and a lot more sporty.

2. Martin December 8, 2011 at 14:12 #

This looks is screaming for sleeves. Without them it is way too brutal and sportif, particularly when paired with the contrast pleats on the skirt. The less said about those uninspiring shoes, the better. All in all, Claire has taken an unconventionally feminine runway look and sucked all the fluidity out of it. Not a fan.

• maria December 8, 2011 at 16:08 #

i totally agree. it does not show of her body to its advantage, that’s for sure.

3. dee December 8, 2011 at 14:27 #

The runway look is so much better.

• Emi December 8, 2011 at 15:44 #

True, I don’t understand all these useless modifications. But she looks very cute.

4. DivaMom December 8, 2011 at 14:32 #

I like this! She looks so happy and pretty in it. Who can ask for more?

• Rebecca Z December 8, 2011 at 15:05 #

Agree that she looks happy and pretty, but I also agree she kind of killed the concept of the dress. She looks great in a sleeveless dress, but she could have really sold the original design.

5. Molly December 8, 2011 at 15:08 #

This is beautiful. I agree that I prefer the runway version, but the modifications make it very Claire Danes – it suits her style. Footwear choice is uninspired, but works.

• Alina December 8, 2011 at 16:46 #

6. Linda December 8, 2011 at 15:20 #

I”ve come to appreaciate her simple style. Her body is very athletic and the clean and simple lines suit her. She looks really good.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 8, 2011 at 15:42 #

Loved how you put it! I totally agree. This is her style and she works it. The skirt is super cute…only thing is that I liked the runway blouse sleeves.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 8, 2011 at 16:19 #

+2.
        OT, I know, but it anyone in the world watching Claire in ShowTime’s Homeland? Her work is FLAWLESS!
        It will be fun to see her on the RC…definite GG and Emmy nods ahead.

• Linda December 8, 2011 at 19:11 #

No, but I have it ready to watch. Ever since I saw her in Temple Grandin I’ve had a lot of respect for her as an actress.

7. cele December 8, 2011 at 16:02 #

don’t like the dress,looks like cheerleader

8. andrea December 8, 2011 at 21:56 #

Meh. The top have says “welcome to my restaurant, here are the specials” and the bottom says “I’m late for cheerleading practice” And, why doesnt the trim on the collar match the dress inserts (perhaps my monitor needs adjusting, not sure)

• Fashion Critic December 8, 2011 at 22:08 #