Sonam Kapoor In Chanel – Chanel Paris-Bombay Pre-Fall 2012 Show

Freida Pinto wasn’t the only Indian beauty to take her place in the front row of the Chanel Paris-Bombay Pre-Fall 2012 presentation held at the Grand Palais in Paris yesterday.
Rising star, Sonam Kapoor, did too.

The actress also wore a look from Chanel’s Spring 2012 collection; unfortunately, however, her styling let her down on this occasion.

Tights aside – it is winter after all – the necklace appears to be fighting for space with the ruffled detail on her shoulder.

With so much frou frou on her dress, I wish she’d just let the dress do all the talking.

I find her hairstyle a tad aging and the makeup too heavily applied.

Noomi Rapace In Valentino - ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows’ LA Premiere

Noomi Rapace In Valentino – ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows’ LA Premiere

Lady Gaga In Giorgio Armani - KIIS FM's Jingle Ball

Lady Gaga In Giorgio Armani – KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball

18 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Chanel – Chanel Paris-Bombay Pre-Fall 2012 Show

1. Linda December 7, 2011 at 12:47 #

I don’t like anything except her beautiful face here. Sorry.

2. Linda December 7, 2011 at 12:47 #

The only person I can see pulling off this dress is Diane Kruger.

• Jones19 December 7, 2011 at 20:03 #

Ditto.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 7, 2011 at 21:38 #

Yup, Diane would rock this. Maybe Zoe as well? But it is too poofy for me in almost any case and I don’t like her styling. Way overdone.

3. Emi December 7, 2011 at 13:00 #

On the runway the dress looks very cute and girlie, but I think it’s difficult to pull off. And she didn’t, in my opinion, because she looks overdressed, the make up and the hair age her and the necklace is totally nonsense.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 7, 2011 at 13:07 #

Oh My! One hot mess FC. This dress is giving me a Bjork as swan flashback on Sonam. The addition of the necklace pains me. Agree about the hair and makeup, it’s giving me a Frieda Khalo flashback.

5. dee December 7, 2011 at 13:49 #

If she had lost the necklace this could have looked better.

• maria December 7, 2011 at 16:38 #

i agree. I actually love the dress with the tights. shame about the styling.

6. Jess2 December 7, 2011 at 14:33 #

Oh lord the necklace! The necklace the the hair is no good imo. The hair is too much and aging and the necklace is so completely pointless. If she wanted to add that pop of colour jade or emerald green earrings would have been just fine. The tights don’t bother me. In terms of the dress, it isn’t bad but I would have preferred it tailored to give the skirt less flare

7. Moxie December 7, 2011 at 15:59 #

Couldn’t agree more — the necklace and ruffly dress are just fighting each other. The necklace should be worn with a much simpler dress. And that dress doesn’t need a necklace with it.

8. Rebecca Z December 7, 2011 at 16:30 #

Why would anyone want to wear that dress? Truly a hot mess.

9. Nat39 December 7, 2011 at 17:26 #

Big failure from head to toe. As it`s been said, the unnecessary necklace, the frumpy hair and heavy makeup, plus the dress seems a bit too girly for her, and the black tights/pumps combo is absolutely WRONG with this dress, she could`ve at least opted for nude nylons and more flirty playful shoes.

10. LOLA December 7, 2011 at 17:30 #

Only Diane can work this type of silhouette in Chanel. Other girls must wear only the simplier dresses of the collection.
    It looks like when a young actress is coming, Chanel capture her…XD

11. Lee December 7, 2011 at 19:35 #

She is beautiful and has great style. Kudos for her going for a ‘ look ‘ Did not work, but she gave 100% and that is better than giving less than. I will say, well done to these Indian bollywood actresses for getting front seating at Chanel. That is a big deal within itself.

They must have something special to get invited over a host of bigger names from Europe and the USA.

12. Rahel December 7, 2011 at 19:46 #

It looks like an angel costume. The tights and necklace are dragging it even more down.

13. NooG December 7, 2011 at 21:05 #

I burst into laughter when I saw this. This is unbelievably awful. She continues to disappoint.

14. Dhppy December 9, 2011 at 18:31 #

It looks so much nicer and more sculptural on the runway. I think the original off white color helps it considerably.

15. Carmen December 10, 2011 at 04:32 #

I completely disagree with you! I love her jewelry with this look. It adds a pop of color and some personality. I’m on the same page as you on the make-up though.