Shailene Woodley was another newbie to attend The Hollywood Reporter’s Annual ‘Power 100: Women In Entertainment Breakfast which took place at the Beverly Hills Hotel in LA this morning.

The talented actrss wore a Prabal Gurung Resort 2012 dress.

I love the textured details on the skirt as it adds a youthful element to this look.

She kept her makeup light and fresh and pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail.

Looking at her black pumps, I wish she opted for Felicity Jones’ grey Miu Miu pumps instead as they would’ve been perfect with this look..

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Felicity Jones In Calvin Klein - The Hollywood Reporter's Annual 'Power 100: Women In Entertainment Breakfast

Felicity Jones In Calvin Klein – The Hollywood Reporter’s Annual ‘Power 100: Women In Entertainment Breakfast

Kate Bosworth In Mulberry - The Hollywood Reporter's Annual 'Power 100: Women In Entertainment Breakfast

Kate Bosworth In Mulberry – The Hollywood Reporter’s Annual ‘Power 100: Women In Entertainment Breakfast

20 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Prabal Gurung – The Hollywood Reporter’s Annual ‘Power 100: Women In Entertainment Breakfast

1. Giuseppi Giraffe December 7, 2011 at 20:53 #

The runway shoes are great- she shoulda gone with them, but I dont think her choice of plain, black pumps is really all that bad. The dress carries the look by itself.

• maria December 7, 2011 at 22:24 #

i agree. The fit on her is impeccable and the hair and makeup are great too.

I can live with the shoes.

• dee December 8, 2011 at 14:17 #

I agree.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 7, 2011 at 20:56 #

Love this dress. Perfectly appropriate for a breakfast or lunch. Would have preferred the lightness of that grey shoe, as well FC.

• Rebecca Z December 7, 2011 at 23:03 #

Ditto on the shoes, but she looks great nonetheless.

3. marie December 7, 2011 at 21:02 #

Zoe S would have paired this dress with killer shoes..and she would have looked so fierce!

4. Liz December 7, 2011 at 21:27 #

This dress fits her perfectly. It would have been great to see her in the shoes the model is wearing.

5. EmmaWoodhouse December 7, 2011 at 21:33 #

Definitely would have preferred the gray shoes–but this is a great look for Shai.

6. Susan December 7, 2011 at 21:35 #

I like this.

7. PrabalGurungFanClub December 7, 2011 at 21:51 #

She looks incredible! Perfect :)

8. fromchi-town December 7, 2011 at 21:56 #

Love the dress. Shoes could have been better, but they don’t take away from the overall look.

9. Hannah December 7, 2011 at 22:21 #

She looks really great, the length and silhouette and hair and makeup are really wonderfully sophisticated but still modern and young, she reminds me in that respect a lot of Jennifer Lawrence, who I am currently having withdrawal symptoms from. I disagree about the shoes, though.I think that the dress is a great canvas for a more interesting pop of colour, like pink or purple.

• Rebecca Z December 7, 2011 at 23:05 #

Agree–purple would have been really cute.

10. TeaAtTwo December 7, 2011 at 22:39 #

On a lot of occasions celebs should just copy the runway shoes to complete their looks.

11. Jones19 December 8, 2011 at 00:44 #

She looks fantastic. Love the skirt, it’s so fun.

12. Marybeth December 8, 2011 at 05:34 #

I actually like the shoe choice in this case. I think the plainness sets off the detailed skirt very well. She looks sharp and event appropriate.
    I love the whole look.

• Jess2 December 8, 2011 at 13:00 #

+1 – I agree 100% the shoes allow the dress to really stand out and I think black was a good choice to tie in with the strip around the waist. She looks fabulous!

13. isai December 8, 2011 at 09:02 #

This is probably the first time I don’t mind a celebrity wearing a “plain black pump”. Seeing as how the dress itself has different textures and contrast, I think the black shoes are just fine. This is the first time I’m actually excited about something Shailene is wearing and I can’t help but hope she’s the “Hailee Steinfield” of this year’s awards season.

14. Ruby December 8, 2011 at 23:03 #

I actually really like her shoes choice. Since the dress has a lot of textures on it already, the plain black pump add the simplicity to it :) She looks great! i love her hair and make up. Very pretty.

15. Lee December 10, 2011 at 19:05 #

This is a beautiful dress, and perfect for the event. She stands out but doesn’t look over dressed. I don’t mind the black pumps, a shoe with more detail interest would have worked but the black are ok with all that’s happening above. Great look.