06.12.11 Premiere

Olivia Palermo In Giorgio Armani – ‘W.E.’ New York Screening

It’s hard not to take notice of Olivia Palermo when she steps onto the red carpet as she excites with her choice of accessories.

The New Yorker donned a black Giorgio Armani dress whilst attending the New York screening for ‘W.E.’ on Sunday night.

On this occasion she teamed her embroidered dress with a Haute Hippie fur shrug which she wore over a Topshop fringed shawl to heighten the glamorous feel of this look.

Liv is never one to go matchy matchy on the red carpet, so she showcased her enviable knack of working contrasting accessories by wearing Manolo Blahnik sapphire-blue pumps and a merlot Mulberry Bayswater suede clutch.

Pearl earrings and a slick back hairstyle completed her look.

You can buy Olivia’s Mulberry Bayswater suede clutch from Sssense.com.

Credit: Getty

Anna Faris In Paule Ka - 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' LA Premiere

Anna Faris In Paule Ka – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ LA Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Joseph & Ralph Lauren - ‘In The Land of Blood and Honey’ New York Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Joseph & Ralph Lauren – ‘In The Land of Blood and Honey’ New York Premiere

14 Responses to Olivia Palermo In Giorgio Armani – ‘W.E.’ New York Screening

1. maria December 6, 2011 at 15:52 #

i adore this woman. Although i am not sure about the shrug and the shawl, i have to admit that the combination gives the entire outfit a vintage feel, somewhat appropriate for the premiere of this movie. I could see Wallis Simpson in that outfit.
    As usual great choice of accessories.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 6, 2011 at 16:28 #

+1. Hair and makeup is to die. I would love to see the dress unadorned…Do you have a shot FC?

• Linda December 7, 2011 at 12:29 #

Yeah, she looks good and her face and hair are gorgeous.

2. Hannah December 6, 2011 at 15:59 #

This looks is overtly overtly mature for her.The length and neckline with the tassles and huge amount of makeup, pearls, slicked back hair, the shoes, the fringing, th efeathers. It is all too heavy and antiqued looking and it is way too old for her age.

3. lola December 6, 2011 at 16:22 #

I for one envy her fat inherited bankaccount… – and I never stop beeing fascinated by the strange mixes she wears…and how many people seem to think that she has this impeccable sense of style?!? i think this outfit looks overloaded and strange…she always adds at least one item or one colour too much…the dress is beautiful…but less is more…even for the socialites…

4. dee December 6, 2011 at 16:35 #

I think she should have ditched the shrug. It seems like it is too much and you can’t really appreciate the pretty dress underneath. Everything else is divine though.

• Alina December 6, 2011 at 18:12 #

I agree 100 %.

5. Mol December 6, 2011 at 16:42 #

The fringed shawl feels a bit much, but I love the play of different toned and textured blacks in this and the addition of the merlot colored clutch and blue shoes – that part all works for me.

6. mm December 6, 2011 at 17:53 #

I get the feelin she was play dress up and wanted to look very mature. I love the entire look minus the nail color. I love that Olivia looks are never boring and always classy.

7. Nat39 December 6, 2011 at 18:13 #

She can get away with the shrug but what she really needs here is more impressive high-heeled shoes (let them be black), the cheesy Manolo blue pumps stick out like a sore thumb bringing down the look.

8. Paige December 6, 2011 at 18:26 #

Aren’t those sapphire Monolo’s the heels Carrie Bradshaw left in the closet in the first Sex and the City movie?

• Lori December 6, 2011 at 19:14 #

They are, but somehow Olivia is doing them in a non-referential way. They are totally her style so it works. I love OP.

9. Felicia December 6, 2011 at 19:31 #

I love Olivia, she is just so gorgeous. But I really dislike this look, it does absolutely nothing for her! It makes her look way older! It does not work for me, like at all

10. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2011 at 22:41 #

Haute hippie perfectly describe this whole look for me. I ‘d like to see the dress on it’s own but she looks good.