Kristin Chenoweth In Honor & Naeem Khan – 2011 American Country Music Awards

Kristin Chenoweth co-hosted the 2011 American Country Awards last night with Trace Adkins at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

My first reaction to this Honor Fall 2011 gown was, ‘Blake Lively, is that you?’

This emerald chiffon bustier gown would’ve worked better on someone like Blake.

It kinda screams desperate on Kristin, but I’m sure many of you would say the same had Blake worn it.

Kristin’s shoes are tres boring, but I guess the purpose of this look wasn’t for anyone to be focusing on her shoes.

Kristin’s next two looks were more like it.

She wore a striking Naeem Khan Spring 2011 yellow crepe gown with black floral embroidery and Coomi one-of-a-kind earrings before changing into another Khan gown from the same collection.

The white tulip embroidered gown was softer in comparison to the other two.

Which look do you favour?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Shu Qi 舒淇 In Emilio Pucci - Toyota 'Levin' Sedan Launch

Shu Qi 舒淇 In Emilio Pucci – Toyota ‘Levin’ Sedan Launch

Abigail Breslin In Marchesa - ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA Premiere

Abigail Breslin In Marchesa – ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA Premiere

23 Responses to Kristin Chenoweth In Honor & Naeem Khan – 2011 American Country Music Awards

1. Alina December 6, 2011 at 18:50 #

The second Naeem Khan dress.

2. maria December 6, 2011 at 18:54 #

yep the green dress is bad. it does not even look like the one on the runway.
    I like the other two a lot. I cannot really decide, but i think i tend towards the yellow one, for the more stunning colour.

3. Jacqu December 6, 2011 at 18:54 #

First reaction for me was tits. XP Followed by Blake of course. XP

the dress has a nice colour though. I’d love to see that dress with a higher neckline on Angelina. Please Angelina, wear colour.

The Yellow Black dress is wonderful, but it reminds me of the dress Drew Barrymore wore ages back. I have to check the designer and event though. XD

• Jacqu December 6, 2011 at 18:56 #

Aha, found it: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/09/14/runway-to-whip-it-premiere-drew-barrymore-in-alexander-mcqueen/

I guess it’s mostly the color combination that reminds me of drew’s dress.

• Molly December 6, 2011 at 19:02 #

I thought the same – immediately reminded me of the Drew Barrymore dress – the yellow with the intricate black markings. But too bad, because this gown isn’t nearly as fabulous as the McQueen, which remains one of my all-time favorites. Still, a good look for Cheno.

• Jacqu December 6, 2011 at 19:17 #

Agreed, that McQueen was just gorgeous, this gown is pretty but pales in comparison.

4. mj December 6, 2011 at 18:59 #

The floral Naeem Khan is the best look. The Honor gown is just way too booby and the yellow Naeem Khan makes her look so wide and boxy, even though she’s teeny tiny.

5. Nat39 December 6, 2011 at 19:05 #

Def. her 2nd yellow gown – interesting and non-desperately pretty (I`ll blame her posture/pose for creating the unappealing thick-waisted silhouette).
    Her 1st look – way too desperate and unflattering – very hip/waist widening, awful shoe choice, and the tape seems to be holding her tiny boobies in place – awful.
    Her 3rd look would`ve been great if once again it wasn`t too booby-desperate.

6. Ginger December 6, 2011 at 19:25 #

Good grief, how many rolls of double sided tape were used to keep the green dress from slipping off the assets? The yellow dress is in MHO the most flattering by being the least tacky.

• Sammy December 7, 2011 at 01:52 #

Agreed — process of elimination renders the yellow NK the best. Specifically because, as others have stated, it leaves the most to the imagination. (Just because she strips down on Broadway doesn’t mean we need to see it all on the red carpet.)

7. chocolatepluscheese December 6, 2011 at 19:49 #

The honor dress reminded me a bit of January Jones in Versace (http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/01/17/january-jones-in-versace-2011-golden-globe-awards/) except much tackier.

Also, the dress as seen on the model seems to be made of a much lighter, matte fabric which I think looks much better.

8. dee December 6, 2011 at 20:10 #

I don’t like any of these looks. The green is tacky and cheap-looking. The other two emphasis her lack of waist definition. not the most flattering.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 6, 2011 at 20:41 #

+1. 3 clunkers, non well suited for her body.

• Emma December 6, 2011 at 20:45 #

+1 My favorite would be the white and printed one, just not on her. I don’t think it was flattering.

• Valeria December 7, 2011 at 06:18 #

I agree, they all look pretty cheap on her. Class is rare feature in country music, and I junk she needs to start eating something coz those hollow cheeks are deadly, not chiseled, and stop fake tanning so these dresses would look much butter

• Linda December 7, 2011 at 00:03 #

Yes, that’s what I thought too, don’t like any of them on her.The yellow Neem Kahn dress is the nicest, but would look better on someone more statuesque like Angelina Jolie.

• Emi December 7, 2011 at 08:29 #

I agree with you, I think she made the 3 dresses look cheap. My favorite, anyway, is the third, I think it would be beautiful worn by someone more classy (and with the right fit).

9. robbie December 6, 2011 at 20:18 #

kristin is a gorgeous gal, but the honor dress would have been quite nice if she didnt have the slit, hate the whole cleavage and leg look, pick one not both.

the naeem khan dresses are TDF especially the tulip print dress.

10. Kiran December 6, 2011 at 20:34 #

“And the award for most tit-tape used by a star in 2011/ Worst ‘Supporting’ Actress goes to…”

11. Felicia December 6, 2011 at 20:42 #

1st Dress: I love the colour on her! But the plunging neck line is not age appropriate. She has a banging body, yes, but she needs to accept that at her age, you just cannot. 2nd Dress: LOVED it!!!! It’s amazing! Just not sure ’bout the fit around the bust. 3rd Dress: I love the overall look, the hair and make-up goes perfectly with the dress, I love it

12. argentina December 6, 2011 at 21:23 #

I like the esmerald on her but im not crazy about the dress.

13. gurlygurl December 6, 2011 at 23:23 #

Kristen has a way of making everything look very cheap. I love the Honor dress on the runway. It is daring with its thigh high split and deep V but it isn’t trashy.

14. Camellia December 7, 2011 at 09:14 #

On Kirstin I like the yellow/black dress the most. The tulip dress – on the model – is my favourite of the three.