Hilary Swank In Elie Saab Couture – ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA Premiere

Hilary Swank was also sparkling on the red carpet for the ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA premiere at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre on Monday evening.

The actress donned an Elie Saab Fall 2011 Couture dress.

I knew she would love this collection. You may remember that I picked Look 13 for Hilary, but on this occasion she picked Look 36.

Damn, so close.

Her midnight-blue embroidered batwing dress with a velvet floral appliqué at the waist was perfected with Christian Louboutin blue glitter peep-toes which sparkled as brightly as her dress.

The side-swept tresses trend continues on the red carpet, as she completed her look with a black clutch and Neil Lane jewels.

Divine as always. She never lets me down.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Olivia Palermo In Giorgio Armani - ‘W.E.’ New York Screening

Olivia Palermo In Giorgio Armani – ‘W.E.’ New York Screening

22 Responses to Hilary Swank In Elie Saab Couture – ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA Premiere

1. gopika December 6, 2011 at 14:06 #

The shoes look like they were made for this dress.

• CreoleLady December 7, 2011 at 08:08 #

+1. Swooning over this shoe-dress pairing.

2. AW December 6, 2011 at 14:15 #

She looks gorgeous head to toe! I have never liked those shoes but she’s changed my mind.

The dress is lovely on her and her hair is beautiful.

• Valeria December 7, 2011 at 06:42 #

The shoes look like trick-or-treat accessory from supermarket isle, the fact that she looks divine doesn’t change my opinion sadly, he could have made a better choice with strappy navy heels sans that horrible see-trough panel

3. Ginger December 6, 2011 at 14:46 #

Those shoes! *swoon* I do wish she had kept the nude liner as with the runway model, so the galaxy of sparkles on the bodice would have stood out. However, Ms Swank looks heavenly!

4. Hannah December 6, 2011 at 15:04 #

As sick as I am of seeing very similar elie saab dresses on the red carpet, but she is like an antidote. It isn’t too sickyl sweet or too in your face. I also think that I had never pictured her in this dress, so it is a pleasant surprise. I also really like the blue lining on her, it makes the dress a little bit more mature. The Maralena louboutins are some of my favourite shoes, and her perfect makeup and not centre-part (yay!) hair just perfect the look.

5. Gaber December 6, 2011 at 15:30 #

I dislike the hair because it looks way to flat on the top (all the hair swept to the side AND blown up creates a really strange vision) and the dress looks obscenely shapeless.
    I don’t mind the shoes though.

Still, all in all, not a fan.

• Quinn December 7, 2011 at 07:51 #

6. maria December 6, 2011 at 15:38 #

it’s nice. i am not overwhelmed by it, but i like the colour and styling. I also think the shoes are an awesome choice.

7. Jones19 December 6, 2011 at 16:02 #

She looks beautiful but I would have loved to see her in look 36, maybe not appropriate for this event but a gorgeous look…maybe later.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 6, 2011 at 16:19 #

I think it looks fussy and droopy on Hillary and I prefer the runway look.

• Rebecca Z December 6, 2011 at 17:04 #

I agree–something is off from the waist down. the skirt looks too voluminous and almost like she is wearing a bathrobe. Love the shoes in the close up, but on her from the front they look like bedroom slippers

9. dee December 6, 2011 at 16:28 #

I don’t like the hairstyle with this dress. I also don;t think the straight neckline is particularly flattering on Hillary. The shoes however are perfect with the dress.

10. bee7 December 6, 2011 at 16:39 #

the shoes are icing on the cake!

11. Alina December 6, 2011 at 18:27 #

I don’t like the hair.

12. Felicia December 6, 2011 at 19:04 #

Don’t like the dress on her, don’t like the hair with the dress and I really don’t like the shoes. Hilary Swank seems to always look the same. She is such an amazing actress, it’s sad that her style isn’t interesting

• Linda December 7, 2011 at 19:33 #

I feel the same way. I can never get excited about her wardrobe. Sigh.

13. anne December 6, 2011 at 20:13 #

Gorgeous! I hope she makes it to BDOTW! I really like the combination it feels perfect for the occasion!

14. argentina December 6, 2011 at 21:28 #

She looks awesome, my favourite of the night. Hope this movie bring us more and more fashionable premieres

15. Sonya December 6, 2011 at 22:55 #

This is just delightful. I’m not normally fond of Hilary’s style but on this occasion she looks gorgeous. Echoing PPs who say it looks like the shoes were made to go with that dress.

16. Parvati December 7, 2011 at 02:44 #

Perfect! For me, this is definitely BDOTW worthy.

17. Megan December 7, 2011 at 07:57 #