06.12.11

Carrie Underwood In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2011 American Country Awards

Carrie Underwood attended the 2011 American Country Awards on Monday night.

The country singer wore a strapless Maria Lucia Hohan cream cocktail dress with ruffled skirt.

Carrie paired the simple dress with ‘look-at-me’ shoes by Ryan Haber.

The cream leather ankle-strap heels have purple detailing and gem-encrusted peep-toes.

If the strapless dress is lacking in detailing for you, I’m sure Carrie’s shoes will make up for it.

Carrie cautiously kept the rest of her look simple with a soft updo, a silver Swarovski clutch and stunning silver earrings.

The pairing of purple heels with this girly cream dress was an interesting choice, but there is something about ankle straps which makes the shoes feel quite surgical, like she broke both her ankles.

Credit: Getty

Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta - ACM Awards 2014

Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta – ACM Awards 2014

Emma Roberts In Maria Lucia Hohan - 2011 CNN Heroes: All-Star Tribute

Emma Roberts In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2011 CNN Heroes: All-Star Tribute

19 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2011 American Country Awards

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 6, 2011 at 13:22 #

Good God it looks like she’s wearing a lampshade while under house arrest. Oy!.

• Valeria December 7, 2011 at 06:48 #

Hahaha, I agree about lampshade! I love the shoes and if only dress was a shift with no “Christmas-in -kindergarten” details it would be all perfect! Love the hair, the shoes and the makeup

2. AW December 6, 2011 at 14:16 #

The hair, makeup and earrings are perfect.

The dress is bad 8th grade prom and the shoes just look cheap.

3. Molly December 6, 2011 at 14:21 #

She hardly ever gets it wrong like this, so I had to pretend this wasn’t Carrie Underwood and it was clearly a miss. No kidding about the shoes – they are attention getters, for sure, but there is nothing at all cute about those (yes, VERY bandage/surgical looking!) straps. The top of the shoe looks like a little kid’s art project.

4. Ginger December 6, 2011 at 14:43 #

The ankle detail on those shoes look like some kind of kinky restraints, which in this case is not a compliment. There’s too much dissonance between the sweet bland dress and the naughty shoes for this look to work.

5. maria December 6, 2011 at 15:23 #

the dress and the shoes together just are not working. the dress is girlie and romantic and playful and the shoes look “kinky”. does not work for me.

Hair and earrings are great though.

6. Jacqu December 6, 2011 at 15:36 #

The dress was made for Taylor Swift, or I’d imagine the dress better on her than Carrie.

7. Jones19 December 6, 2011 at 16:05 #

She shoes are okay in the first pic but in the closeup they look rather cheap.

• Alina December 6, 2011 at 16:54 #

I agree.

8. dee December 6, 2011 at 16:24 #

I don’t like any of this. The dress and earrings are plain. The shoes are gaudy and don’t go with the dress.

9. jK December 6, 2011 at 17:02 #

I don’t necessarily hate the shoes. If she goes for those shoes, she needs more purple accessories, like clutch, jewelry. Or maybe purple smokey eyes.

10. Rebecca Z December 6, 2011 at 17:10 #

Pretty hair, makeup and earrings, but what was she thinking with the dress and shoes–neither is flattering and both are wrong for her, and together–really? No.

11. Felicia December 6, 2011 at 18:58 #

I don’t like this, it’s too Taylor Swift. It’s too young actually. Think Carrie needs to revamp her style a bit. It’s been forever since she had a real “OMG” red carpet moment

• Ashley December 6, 2011 at 23:31 #

Agree!!

12. Nia December 6, 2011 at 19:33 #

The dress and shoes don’t go together. She can’t pull off the edgy-girly combo. And yes, the shoes just look silly, like she has burn bandages on her ankles or something.

• gurlygurl December 6, 2011 at 23:09 #

I thought her ankles were bandaged too! Not a good look. Hair and make up lovely and soft but I have to leave the good there. The rest is very questionable.

13. Tina December 6, 2011 at 23:21 #

Really dislike the straps, but otherwise a very cute and sweet dress.

14. Parvati December 7, 2011 at 02:42 #

This sure is a very interesting pair of heels, but I don’t think it goes well with the rest of the outfit, which, shoes aside, is quite boring.

15. pipsqueak December 7, 2011 at 04:33 #

The dress is a blah but I love the shoes! They are hot, though not really compatible with the typical Nashville Barbie look. Carrie has nice legs. It takes a lot of legs to pull off ankle strap shoes.