Abigail Breslin In Marchesa – ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA Premiere

Abigail Breslin joined co-stars Lea Michele and Hilary Swank on the red carpet for the ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA premiere last night.

When I look at her in this Marchesa Fall 2011 dress it makes me ask, ‘What happened to Marchesa?’

I have failed to really love a Marchesa look on the red carpet for a while now and this is no exception.

The white tulle corset dress with crystal beaded details from the waist down just looks unfinished, untidy and, dare I say, sloppy as its initial charm is lost on the red carpet.

This a huge shame for Abigail as she finally nailed her hair and makeup on this occasion.

Jimmy Choo pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kristin Chenoweth In Honor & Naeem Khan - 2011 American Country Music Awards

Kristin Chenoweth In Honor & Naeem Khan – 2011 American Country Music Awards

Steal Her Style: Taylor Swift’s Primary Colours

Steal Her Style: Taylor Swift’s Primary Colours

15 Responses to Abigail Breslin In Marchesa – ‘New Year’s Eve’ LA Premiere

1. Nat39 December 6, 2011 at 19:18 #

Not liking the dress either, it does look sloppy and unfinished, and more importantly it doesn`t flatter her figure, very upsetting considering her hair and makeup are finally beautiful, agree. She should`ve opted for a bit lower heel.

2. Emalie December 6, 2011 at 19:24 #

Couldn’t agree with you more regarding Marchesa lately. The Spring 2012 collection is mostly a mess.

But Abigail looks so cute.

3. Alina December 6, 2011 at 19:25 #

One of her best looks. My opinion.

4. Thirteen December 6, 2011 at 19:34 #

I love this! How can you not like it! I only wish her shoes were different!

5. -N December 6, 2011 at 19:56 #

I’m gonna have to disagree with you on this one!! i think the dress is absolutely fabulous!! love the drama of it!

6. robbie December 6, 2011 at 20:14 #

head to toe failure, she looks like a 30 year old. this dress could have been so gorgeous on someone like diane kruger.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 6, 2011 at 20:47 #

I agree. Too old for her–I would love to see her dressing more like Hailee Steinfeld or Elle Fanning.

7. dee December 6, 2011 at 20:22 #

I would like this more if this sat a tad lower on her waist. I think she looks pretty nonetheless.

• maria December 6, 2011 at 21:01 #

good point. I think that she looks cute, but that the dress is not necessarily spectacular. definitely not on the past Marchesa level.

8. Linda December 6, 2011 at 20:42 #

I have not been liking Marchesa lately, but this is an exception. I think she looks really good.

9. Felicia December 6, 2011 at 20:48 #

I so agree, the dress itself is disappointing! I can’t even pay attention to the overall look because of how disappointed I am.

10. DanDan December 6, 2011 at 22:38 #

Maybe this is why you weren’t at any of their shows lately because they knew it wasnt a very good Season for them. Their stuff is usually so elegant and fairy tale like.

11. gurlygurl December 6, 2011 at 23:20 #

Hair, make up and shoes are a big tick. The color of the dress is very angelic on her but the dress is untidy and looks unfinished. In the runway version the skirt looks architectural on Abigail it is sloppy. The waist line of the dress is not flattering for her either. It’s such a shame. If the dress kept it’s shape and was a better fit on her it would have been very dramatic and bold.

• Terry December 7, 2011 at 11:42 #

I agree. The whole collection has an unfinished look (as it’s inspired to Dickens’ Miss Havisham), but the problem here is the shape of the skirt. It looked amazing on the model, while on Abigail looks sad and floppy. I’m sorry because I love this collection so much, but for some strange reason nobody has been able to bring its drama on the red carpet so far.