Jessica Chastain attended the opening ceremony of the Marrakech International Film Festival in Morocco on Friday night.

The actress wore a black and white Christian Dior Spring 2012 cocktail dress paired with black satin Roger Vivier ‘Sandalo Sport Chic’ sandals.

Between the spaghetti straps, ballerina shape and rose print, this dress seems far too young for Jessica.

Even the young runway model looks slightly out of place in the sweet dress.

We’d love to see a young star like Elle Fanning wearing this dress.

Jessica’s hair and makeup feel too harsh for this delicate look so thumbs down all round.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

23 thoughts on “Jessica Chastain in Christian Dior – 2011 Marrakech International Film Festival 2011 Opening Ceremony

1. Christobal26

This dress is very unflattering on her. it shortens her torso so much!

Btw can you please post some of Jennifer Lopez’s looks from filming Q’ Viva in Latin America? She has been looking amazing in all of those looks! Especially the mustard leather dress she wore a few days ago! Thank you! :)

2. MissMarlboroLites

I am so disturbed by these shoes, I had to interrupt my salad to comment! But all I can say is oh my…

3. Thirteen

I agree that it’s too young for her. Maybe if she had let her hair down instead of wearing it so severely.

4. Jacqu

She looks thick waisted here and the shoes lack a that delicate touch that should be complementary to the dress. I see this dress on someone like Dakota Fanning. Instead of complementing her, the dress simply makes me aware of how much older she is.

5. Suz

The dress is unflattering on her, but the shoes are the worst part. I’ve always thought that unless you are very tall and thin, you shouldn’t wear a chunky ankle strap shoe because it just makes your leg look shorter.

6. Jess2

the dress is so gorgeous but it is not working well for Jessica at all. It is is not flattering her figure and it is a bit too young. the shoes are really killing this look though. I agree with you FC, someone like Elle Fanning would look great in this

7. Parvati

This is awful and it’s a pitty, because she usually makes interesting choices on the red carpet. There are so many things that are wrong with this look:

The dress requires a younger person.
    It doesn’t flatter her figure AT ALL.
    The dress appears rather shapeless on Jessica.
    The hairdo is too severe for this dress.
    The shoes, along with the length of the dress, make her legs look short.

This was a really bad choice.