05.12.11

Jessica Alba attended the March of Dimes’ Celebration of Babies Luncheon in Beverly Hills on Friday evening.

The actress wore a simplified version of a print dress seen on the Thakoon Spring 2012 runway.

Instead of the large red tribal print, Jessica wore a cream variation of the knee-length dress, while still keeping the original bronze trim.

Without the loud print, the Thakoon dress is barely recognizable, but pretty nonetheless. Jessica looks very comfortable in the flattering neutrals.

The dress was paired with Brian Atwood ‘Pois’ pumps, which the fellow shoe-obsessed may remember were previously worn on the red carpet by Zoe Saldana back in July.

These spiked heels certainly give the otherwise sweet look a bit of edginess.

Do you prefer the print as seen on the runway, or Jessica’s version?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Emily Blunt in Giambattista Valli - 2011 Kennedy Center Honors Gala Dinner

Emily Blunt in Giambattista Valli – 2011 Kennedy Center Honors Gala Dinner

16 Responses to Jessica Alba In Thakoon – March Of Dimes’ 6th Annual Celebration Of Babies Luncheon

1. Martin December 5, 2011 at 12:42 #

Jessica looks good in the plainer version but I prefer the runway incarnation. It has a vibrancy and a vigour and an energy that is a little lacking in Alba’s version. Prefer the shorter length on the runway version too. All up, okay but certainly not great.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 5, 2011 at 13:22 #

+1. I also don’t care for the odd addition of fabric at the neckline on Jessica’s version or the necklace. It doesn’t look clean anymore.

• maria December 5, 2011 at 17:43 #

divadebbi – i am not stalking you, hahahaha, but i tend to agree with your answers nearly all the time.
        Again, i agree with the boring fabric and the necklace.

• Hannah December 5, 2011 at 18:42 #

Exactly what I was thinking. Let’s not kid ourselves, with how Jessica has been leaving the house recently, should would have made the runway version look uber frumpy, but I still dislike the modifications. I think the pale gold from the runway would have lifted it significantly. Also, I am so on the same page as Maria, Divadebbi – I am not stalking you either, but you always do seem to have very reasonable comments, even on the very rare occasion that I disagree with you :)

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 5, 2011 at 21:12 #

Thanks Girls! I’m flattered. There are many people whose vision I often share, FC’s for one, Martin’s and Nat39 for another.
          Professionally, Im a Personal Shopper. I am a lunatic for seamless tailoring on my clients!

2. alex December 5, 2011 at 12:43 #

She looks great! I prefer it sans print for an occasion like this.

3. Jacqu December 5, 2011 at 12:44 #

I wish she wore the red dress. This seems so bland in comparison. Plus it makes me focus on her waist which looks thick here, though I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.

4. roxana December 5, 2011 at 13:23 #

she looks old!

5. Jones19 December 5, 2011 at 13:32 #

I like both versions, love the heels.

6. Linda December 5, 2011 at 13:57 #

Runway! Love the heels.

7. Jess2 December 5, 2011 at 14:17 #

I really love both versions of the dress but I think each dress has an appropriate context and I think Jess made a good choice! She looks beautiful. I love love love the shoes!!

8. bm December 5, 2011 at 14:57 #

The print is suits for a summer occasion, and Jess really beautiful here.
    So, i prefer the plain version .

9. TeaAtTwo December 5, 2011 at 16:53 #

I hope to see the runway dress worn soon. Jess’ shoes would go well with that version too.

10. Alina December 5, 2011 at 18:28 #

I adore the runway version, but I don’t think it would have worked for Jessica.

11. Parvati December 5, 2011 at 20:34 #

I much prefer Jessica’s version. The runway version is way too busy.

12. bianca December 14, 2011 at 23:34 #

the runway version, of course.she could have pulled it off