30.11.11

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace – 8th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

Uma Thurman was one of the few not to wear white on the red carpet at the 2011 UNICEF Snowflake Ball in New York City last night.

The actress wore a made to measure Atelier Versace dress.

Her deep emerald green cashmere dress with silk chiffon sheer effect on the décolletage and on the long sleeves was teamed with very sexy gold strappy sandals.

The first person who came to mind when I saw this dress was Angelina Jolie, as she is likely to wear a sexy fitted Atelier Versace dress like this to a premiere.

This dress is doing wonders for her bust, but I don’t like that material that stretches over them. I wish that was smoothed out more.

A wavy updo and a bronzed lip colour completed her usual look for a grand ball.

Credit: Getty

Kristen Johnston In Antonio Berardi - TV Land Holiday Premiere Party

Kristen Johnston In Antonio Berardi – TV Land Holiday Premiere Party

In Rihanna's Closet - Alexander Wang Leather Track Pants

In Rihanna’s Closet – Alexander Wang Leather Track Pants

35 Responses to Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace – 8th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

1. allie November 30, 2011 at 18:51 #

J’adore….chic chic chic…

2. Nat November 30, 2011 at 18:54 #

Oh my God! This is basically my favourite colour, so I am now drooling over this dress…I want it so much! Ahahah!

Having said that, I think it’s a great look for Uma: the dress hugs her in all the right places and the colour enhances that of her eyes.
    The only thing is that shoes don’t really match the dress very well, in my opinion, as they look too summery compared to it. The bright red nail polish also feels a bit out of place.

All in all, BDOTW nomination-worthy, for me!

• maria November 30, 2011 at 19:52 #

i also like it a lot. Love the colour and the fit. It’s very 50s.

3. dee November 30, 2011 at 18:54 #

I agree with you FC. The fabric is bothersome but other than that I think she looks amazing.

4. From Russia With Love November 30, 2011 at 18:56 #

Bdotw
    I like how she looks these days.

5. Nat39 November 30, 2011 at 18:57 #

Doesn`t look good, don`t like this at all – the fabric, the fit, the neckline, the sleeves, the hairstyle – extremely unflattering, and the awkward length and the ankle straps with such a length (Why???)- it`s just a big NO.
    This makes me think of Kate Winslet in Stella McC.

6. Hannah November 30, 2011 at 19:05 #

It’s certainly not a abd look, but it feels so dressed down in comparison to some other looks we have seen from this event. Also, for an atelier versace,it isn’t special enough.

7. AW November 30, 2011 at 19:05 #

Love! Can’t recall ever seeing her look so sexy.

8. mj November 30, 2011 at 19:16 #

WOW. She looks amazing. I think this is the best she’s looked for a long time.

9. Luis November 30, 2011 at 19:17 #

She looks terrible, the dress is so so unflattering. I look at the picture and looks like a petite and fat woman, which is false.

10. Dorian Gray November 30, 2011 at 19:22 #

I like this look but you’re right FC, there is the script “Made for Angelina” all over it. I’d like to see some Versace SS2012 rather than Atelier Versace. Blake Livery can you hear me?

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 30, 2011 at 19:42 #

Adore the color on Uma, but for a custom made dress the fit is terrible.

• Jones19 November 30, 2011 at 20:28 #

Yep the fit is terrible indeed, way too stretched.

• Mol December 1, 2011 at 05:39 #

Agreed, a miss for me.

12. karen November 30, 2011 at 20:04 #

I think Uma looks fantastic. She’s been looking great lately so kudos to her.

13. D November 30, 2011 at 20:07 #

amazing :)

14. dunzoo November 30, 2011 at 20:12 #

uma can do so much better.. the cut is very unflatering (matronly on the chest area, too tight on the tummy and the lenght is too long). i think she could stop wearing mid length heels, it makes her feet look very big, she’s very tall but she would look amazing with sky high heels. love the hair & makeup.

15. Linda November 30, 2011 at 20:26 #

She looks sexy.

16. Do November 30, 2011 at 20:32 #

I wanted to like it but I just can’t stand the shape of the bodice underneath the sheer material. If it were straight across instead of curved, I might like it more.

17. Victoria November 30, 2011 at 20:41 #

Her eyes picked up the color of the dress in these photos! She looks amazing.

18. Yaas November 30, 2011 at 21:26 #

Love this look! She is glowing!

19. TeaAtTwo November 30, 2011 at 22:01 #

Overall, especially upon seeing her she looks amazing though the fit for could be better.

P.s – If this had been made for Angelina it would have been in black ofc. ;)

20. gurlygurl November 30, 2011 at 22:24 #

She looks incredible! I agree about the draping around the bust… I would prefer it without but it’s hard to fault that beautiful color and shape. One of the few women who can wear a dress in that length this well. Just divine!

• mattison December 1, 2011 at 15:47 #

Totally agree. Uma’s a beautiful woman and she wears that long length to perfection.

21. LOLA November 30, 2011 at 23:43 #

I don’t like the dress on her. It makes her looks huge but this woman is just beyond!
    She’s so chic. As Karl loves her, i want her to be the next face of CHANEL N°5…..

22. Parvati December 1, 2011 at 00:00 #

I like this look, it’s quite different from what we usually see on celebrities, in my opinion. The colour is amazing, as well and although I do think the shoes look a bit odd with the colour of the dress, I like them with this outfit. The only thing that bothers me is the fit at the bust area – it looks quite tight to me and even if it actually isn’t, it still looks very awkward to me.

23. mm December 1, 2011 at 00:27 #

I am feeling Uma’s style all year especially since Cannes.

24. Shelby December 1, 2011 at 01:28 #

Love LOve LOVe LOVE the color!

25. Jonny December 1, 2011 at 05:57 #

I can’t believe she’s wearing low heels and yet still manages to look so elegantly statuesque.

26. Alina December 1, 2011 at 07:02 #

Beautiful ! Her eyes are striking here.

27. CreoleLady December 1, 2011 at 07:50 #

For made to measure, the flaws in the fit are inexcusable. The strappy sandals are a bit spring time for this look yet I’m not sure what would work better. But the color is divine, the makeup subtly enhancing and her eyes are simply the stars of this look.

28. Emi December 1, 2011 at 08:50 #

I agree there’s something strange about the fit, but I love it! The dress, the color, very beautiful. I think she looks very beautiful, I love the make up and the hair. Great look from her.

29. Raquel December 1, 2011 at 13:28 #

I absolutely love the colour on her! She has a very good figure, it´s not easy to pull of a dress with this length… BDOTW contender for me. She looks so beautiful!

30. Dhppy December 1, 2011 at 20:25 #

Her makeup looks flawless. I can’t think of a time when I’ve seen her look more beautiful.

31. Lisa Raffaele December 2, 2011 at 16:51 #

It’s about time she wore something that didn’t make her look like my grandmother. She looks like a bombshell!