Jennifer Carpenter In Marc Jacobs – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

Jennifer Carpenter hit the red carpet at the 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards in New York City, wearing the first look from the Marc Jacobs Spring 2012 collection.

Her sleeveless white dress with a plastic shredded appliqué on the yoke gives Jennifer, known for her love of dresses with thigh-high splits, an refreshing angelic look.

I love how she enhances her look with a metallic silver clutch, but I’m finding it hard to have the same love for her Marc Jacobs heels from the same collection.

Strappy sandals would’ve been preferred.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2010 SAG Awards - Michelle Monaghan In Calvin Klein

2010 SAG Awards – Michelle Monaghan In Calvin Klein

Zoe Kravitz In Chanel - 8th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

Zoe Kravitz In Chanel – 8th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

20 Responses to Jennifer Carpenter In Marc Jacobs – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

1. Alina November 30, 2011 at 15:19 #

Not the best look this week.

2. Leti November 30, 2011 at 15:37 #

I actually like the shoes. I think they suit the dress, and I appreciate the pop of color from the strap.

3. Rebecca Z November 30, 2011 at 15:59 #

I think this looks great on her and I like the shoes. Like the red strap. Might not be the best look this week, but it certainly isn’t the worst.

4. Emi November 30, 2011 at 16:01 #

Ugly dress.

5. Bri November 30, 2011 at 16:05 #

THis is my first time commenting. I love this site. However, I have to type this. I think your love of strappy sandals makes sense in summer, even spring and very early fall. This event was in NYC and while the weather has been nice she would have looked RIDICULOUS wearing strappy sandals. Fashion is amazing but it also has to be functional. I think that’s the most important and facinating part. If it was all just the looks, we’d be at an art gallery looking at dresses hanging on a wall. Fashion must be also functional.

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2011 at 16:23 #

thanks for your comment.

• MCG November 30, 2011 at 16:28 #

Bri- almost all of the step and repeats are set up inside venues, so she could have easiley stepped out from her SUV into the building in strappy heels without a problem

• Bri November 30, 2011 at 18:51 #

I understand what you mean (I work in PR and have set up more step and repeats than I’d like to admit) but I’m just saying–I think it’s ok for people to wear weather appropriate shoes in November. That’s all. I feel like people should get some slack in this area. (I don’t think celebs should be wearing uggs in July either. Maybe I’m seasonal purest!)

• maria November 30, 2011 at 19:44 #

i actually don’t mind the shoes either.

• lee December 1, 2011 at 02:08 #

i think there are better season-appropriate shoes she could have chosen. the red looks awkward.

6. AW November 30, 2011 at 16:05 #

The dress is a bit maternity for me and the shoes are just stupid.

From what I can tell the makeup is nice.

7. Naomi November 30, 2011 at 16:42 #

…. No.
    Carpenter is one hot lady, and this does do anything for her.

8. oksana November 30, 2011 at 17:12 #

she looks good, dress and jennifer enhance each other.

9. Nat39 November 30, 2011 at 17:19 #

I think she should stick to her thigh-high splits because this “angelic” look doesn`t really suit her, she looks awkward in this dress, and the shoes are absolutely awful with it.

10. Jones19 November 30, 2011 at 17:24 #

The shoes are just plain ugly, simple white pumps or silver sandals would have been my choice. Love the dress on her though.

11. Mick November 30, 2011 at 17:32 #

I really don’t care for this look, but I finally had to say this: the return of pointy shoes makes me sad, I hate them! The only pair I can stand is Louboutin’s Pigalle.

12. Hannah November 30, 2011 at 18:05 #

I don’t likethe shoes either, but I don’t think she needed strappy sandals. I think it is jus the particular colour and shape of her shoes that is wrong. The dress has a really sophisticated, cool and clean vibe on her, but the shoes are almost too young and too kitchy withthe look. Also, to be fair, the angle makes them look like flats.

13. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 30, 2011 at 18:41 #

I like the dress, but it looks one size too big. Clutch is pretty, not loving the shoes.

14. dee November 30, 2011 at 19:01 #

The dress is okay but the shoes don’t go with the dress.

15. TeaAtTwo November 30, 2011 at 22:19 #

I’m surprised they lent out the dress considering the spate of robberies from the designers collection that have been reported. ;)