Danielle Lineker In Mary Katrantzou – The Halcyon Gallery VIP Opening

Danielle Lineker was joined by her husband Gary Lineker last night as they attended The Halcyon Gallery VIP opening on London’s New Bond Street.

The WAG wore a dress by the winner of the British Fashion Council’s 2011 Emerging Talent of the Year, Mary Katrantzou.

This Fall 2011 Mary Katrantzou jewel tree floral print crepe dress comes in three different versions.

The runway version with sleeves, the version on Lusia via Roma with short sleeves, and Danielle’s long-sleeve commercial version which doesn’t have the nipped-in waist and structured skirt.

Danielle looks great in this dress, I have to say, WAG pre-bias aside.

She opted to wear her hair back in a lose updo, whilst adding specs, neutral nude peep-toes and a Lulu Guinness pewter metallic snakeskin lips clutch to her look.

These accessories aren’t boring and they don’t overwhelm the dress which should always be the main focus with this much-detailed print.

You can purchase the Mary Katrantzou long sleeve jewel tree dress Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International. The short sleeves version is available from Luisa via Roma.

Danielle’s pewter metallic snakeskin lips clutch is from LuluGuinness.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Balmain Better? Zoe Saldana, Joan Smalls or Alessandra Ambrosio

Who Wore Balmain Better? Zoe Saldana, Joan Smalls or Alessandra Ambrosio

Sarah Jessica Parker In Louis Vuitton - 8th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

Sarah Jessica Parker In Louis Vuitton – 8th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

15 Responses to Danielle Lineker In Mary Katrantzou – The Halcyon Gallery VIP Opening

1. Martin November 30, 2011 at 12:49 #

Glasses aside, I think she looks good. But when I see her version up against the runway look I can’t help but wonder what could’ve been. Perhaps the price was prohibitive, who knows? Although I do note that the price of the dress has been slashed by 50% to US$7100. Any takers? I wish. That dress is a work of art, pure and simple.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 30, 2011 at 13:00 #

I am in love with these Mary Kantrantzou dresses! They enchant me. She looks perfect. I don’t mind the glasses if she needs them, never get this prop look off the runway otherwise.

• Jones19 November 30, 2011 at 13:19 #

Ditto, I love these dresses. The prints are so mesmerizing, love it.

• Emi November 30, 2011 at 16:05 #

I agree, the prints of her dresses are amazing.

3. Jacqu November 30, 2011 at 13:02 #

The glasses are distracting, and the commercial version is fine. I love the runway version though!

4. The Very Simon G November 30, 2011 at 13:14 #

LOVE the dress, hate that she’s wearing it!!! WHYYYYYY?? Shouldn’t she stick to Lipsy?

5. dee November 30, 2011 at 13:49 #

I like her version much better. The exaggerated hips on the model’s dress looks silly. I like her glasses too.

• maria November 30, 2011 at 18:03 #

i agree. I assume that on a normal sized woman those hips could look fatal!

I think she pulls it off well. I can even live with the glasses.

6. Lee Ann November 30, 2011 at 13:50 #

I bought this dress via the internet-it is really hard to wear> I returned it immediately. she looks good in it.

7. Zee November 30, 2011 at 13:55 #

I didn’t like the dress when I first saw it on Anna Dello Russo, it looked very busy, but on Lineker it looks pretty (although its the simpler version). This dress really needed the hair pulled back, simple shoes worn, and no accessories other than a simple clutch. Good job!

8. CreoleLady November 30, 2011 at 16:06 #

Today’s looks are so much more interesting than yesterday’s for me, Charlize aside. Mary K’s prints are always so arresting.

9. oksana November 30, 2011 at 18:55 #

why the GLASSES with that art dress?? NO!!!!!!!!

10. Kyriaki-Cyprus November 30, 2011 at 20:26 #

I am always happy when I see people wearing Mary Katrantzou, so I feel I can’t be objective! I hope for more to come!

11. Mol December 1, 2011 at 05:08 #

The only thing I don’t like here are the shoes, otherwise, well done – me likey!

12. Dhppy December 1, 2011 at 20:46 #

I love the short sleeved version. How does Katrantzou put these prints together without making one think “there goes that crazy lady on the street again”?