Olivia Palermo In Matthew Williamson – 2011 British Fashion Awards

Olivia Palermo attended the 2011 British Fashion Awards which were held at the Savoy Hotel in London last night.

The star wore a Matthew Williamson Fall 2011 dress.

Her wool-crepe dress with beaded, sequin and feather appliqués was teamed with a vintage clutch and Topshop Ariel flame mesh ankle boots.

With so much detail on the dress, most would’ve have opted for a simple shoe, but Olivia isn’t called the Queen of Accessorizing for nothing.

A simple centre-parted low bun, dazzling Asprey earrings and smoky dark purple eye shadow completed her look.

You can buy Olivia’s Topshop ankle boots from
Topshop US and Topshop International

Daisy Lowe In Erdem - British Fashion Awards 2013

Daisy Lowe In Erdem – British Fashion Awards 2013

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

26 Responses to Olivia Palermo In Matthew Williamson – 2011 British Fashion Awards

1. Jacqu November 29, 2011 at 11:43 #

The way she’s holding her elbows tucked in to line up with the fringe of the dress makes me think of a lampshade.

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 12:26 #

• arwa November 29, 2011 at 12:42 #

You’re welcome, and I just want to say … It’s amazing what you are doing here, it’s really hard work to follow all these events and celebes

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 12:58 #

thanks so much x

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 29, 2011 at 12:26 #

Love the hair and makeup. Im a little on the fence about this. I could see wearing this to a store opening. Was this casual vibe in keeping with how the stars dressed last night FC?

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 12:40 #

Yes it was fairly casual

3. robbie November 29, 2011 at 12:50 #

hate the dress but the hate the ankle boots even more.

4. Jones19 November 29, 2011 at 12:50 #

I feel hot just looking at her…I can’t wear sweaters because I’m always so hot…anyway I think this is quite chic.

5. Elaine2 November 29, 2011 at 13:05 #

Her makeup is always impeccable. I don’t care for this dress on her. I like the shoes, but they would look a lot better with something more streamlined, like a Victoria Beckham dress…..

6. Tamia November 29, 2011 at 13:50 #

She looks lovely,finally she’s wearing something that fits her!

FC,this is totally off topic but I swear you’re non coverage on the xfactor outfits have had a direct effect on other news websites…I’m so sure they relied on you to identify desingers and now they have no way to id the outfits they simply dont bother with the story. I’m sure I’m not being paranoid as DM website always stole my quotes!so glad you havent covered them this year they both have no class and look like drag queens on a bad day!

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 13:55 #

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was they case, if that doesn’t sound too modest.

It was one of the factors in deciding not to cover it this year. Also like you said they both look like drag queens.

From what I have seen there is not fashion going on during that show, just a holy hot mess.

• Tamia November 29, 2011 at 14:01 #

Babe we all know how modest you are so I’m going to blow your trumpet for you ;) I’m sure it’s the case though as so many sites (*cough* DM!) just used to rehash your writing..but it’s so cool though as it shows your influence.

At least a hot mess would be somewhat fun to watch but watching them wear the same tarty, cheap rubbish every week is just boring! x

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 14:51 #

thanks Tamia ;)

7. Alina November 29, 2011 at 14:11 #

I like it !

8. dee November 29, 2011 at 14:45 #

Too much going on.

9. Rebecca Z November 29, 2011 at 15:10 #

Really like the dress, but I think the shoes are overkill in this case–though they are truly cool.

10. Linda November 29, 2011 at 15:29 #

On the fence too. It looks a little lighter on the model. Hair and makeup are beautiful as always.

11. maria November 29, 2011 at 15:48 #

i love this look. The shoes look amazing with it. She is always so classy.

12. Nat39 November 29, 2011 at 18:20 #

Love it, perfectly done look, the shoes complement the dress PERFECTLY without overpowering it esp. considering that she opted for a very simple non-standout hairstyle. BDOTW worthy.

13. manja November 30, 2011 at 08:46 #

not the biggest fan of dress it self,but overall it is an interesting look well put together.like the shoes,want them-:)))

14. Emi November 30, 2011 at 09:20 #

I love her shoes… Topshop? Wow, does anybody know how they fit? She looks uber cute, as always.

15. Felicia November 30, 2011 at 13:29 #

She looks freaking flawless….from the neck upwards! That dress needs to be burned and thrown away!
    This is a reminder that designers really need to know that just because they can, doesn’t mean they should!

16. Olga November 30, 2011 at 23:13 #

I’m sorry. seems like this exactly clutch is not Charlotte Olympia, I asked them…some sources say it’s vintage

• Fashion Critic December 1, 2011 at 01:21 #

Yes it is vintage

17. Jackie December 1, 2011 at 03:21 #

Not my favorite shoes but they’re not black pumps thank goodness! I love the Queen of Accessories for that very reason.