Elizabeth Olsen In Valentino – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

The Valentino Resort 2012 collection is having a bit of a moment on the red carpet.

Elizabeth Olsen glided down the red carpet at the 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards in New York City last night, wearing our third look from the collection in four days.

This soft grey embroidered gown with a stripped skirt is beautiful on Elizabeth as she continues to wow and delight on the red carpet.

I love her soft curls which she sweeps up into a retro updo.

Her makeup is complementary to her look, as is her champagne colour satin clutch, but we’ve seen this look on the red carpet before.

You may remember that Michelle Yeoh wore it to the Rome Film Festival.

Nevertheless, this look ranks in the top three of my favourites from her this year.

Kwiat jewels provide the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lindsay Lohan In Julien Macdonald - Gabrielle's Gala

Lindsay Lohan In Julien Macdonald – Gabrielle’s Gala

Get Up To 75% Off Valentino At theOutnet

Get Up To 75% Off Valentino At theOutnet

19 Responses to Elizabeth Olsen In Valentino – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

1. Shaina November 29, 2011 at 13:14 #

This feels a lot different on her than it did on Michelle Yeoh. I like it better on Elizabeth’s figure anyway.

2. rebecca November 29, 2011 at 13:16 #

She is SERIOUSLY on my list of possible best newcomer of 2011… between her and Jen Lawrence, and Hailee Steinfeld… but to be honest she’s beating them all!

3. Parvati November 29, 2011 at 13:16 #

She looks beautiful. For me, she really should be a BDOTW contender.

• Linda November 29, 2011 at 15:07 #

Yes, she looks beautiful and she has a really graceful presence. Lovely.

4. bm November 29, 2011 at 13:30 #

Yes, love the curly hair.
    And , i think she done it better than michelle yeoh.

5. Sarah November 29, 2011 at 13:39 #

Is it just me or does she REALLY look like her sisters in this picture? I skimmed over the words at first and was like, “hmmmm, is it Mary-Kate or Ashley? Regardless, she looks incredible!

6. Alina November 29, 2011 at 14:37 #

STUNNING !

BDOTW contender.

7. dee November 29, 2011 at 14:51 #

i like the hair, makeup and clutch but this dress isn;t flattering on her. Her midsection looks puffy and the color washes her out.

• Carolina November 29, 2011 at 15:59 #

+1 I think she looks matronly in this dress. There’s something weird about the bodice, the way it’s cut.

• manja November 30, 2011 at 08:39 #

• Hannah November 29, 2011 at 17:50 #

I agree. Her hair and makeup are always the best on the red carpet, imo, hands down, but since Cnnes she has really left a lot to be desired. She almost seems to be just trying on what she thinks she should wear as opposed to what actually suits her. her clothes are rarely flattering, and I find this dress quite ugly to begin with but also unflattering and ageing. I cannot wait for her to switch stylists.

• Emi November 30, 2011 at 09:19 #

I agree with you, I think that the dress should have been tighter on her waist, I agree with Carolina, too. She looks matronly, if I don’t look at the face she could easily look like a 50 years old lady.

8. Jani November 29, 2011 at 15:06 #

gorgeous!!!!!

-Jani

9. Emmeline November 29, 2011 at 15:55 #

This looks beautiful on her. Everything came together perfectly. I’d definitely add her as a contender for BDOTW.

10. Jones19 November 29, 2011 at 17:09 #

Very nicely done, love it.

11. Nat39 November 29, 2011 at 17:30 #

Love the soft curls with the gown and the very complementary clutch but the dress doesn`t really look good on her figure, her upper body seems too boxy, rather thick-waisted, she is in desperate need of a thin belt to define her waist even if the runway version doesn`t have it.

12. justme November 29, 2011 at 17:43 #

She looks stunning. The dress suits her style more than Michelle’s.

13. Tahj November 29, 2011 at 19:16 #

She’s beautiful, but I thought she was too overdressed. It’s just the Gotham awards. Too princessy for it.

14. Jess2 November 30, 2011 at 06:21 #

This is probably my favourite look for Elizabeth . The dress looks wonderful on her and imo looks better here than on Michelle. Her styling is perfect, I am in love with her microstudded with bow Valentino shoes. Great hair, makeup and clutch!! love everything about this and a possible BDOTW