29.11.11 Premiere

Chloe Moretz In Emilio Pucci – ‘Hugo’ 3D Royal Film Performance

Chloe Moretz attended the Royal Film Performance of ‘Hugo’ 3D at the Odeon Leicester Square in London last night.

The teen actress wore an Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 dress.

Her styling continues to baffle me as it goes from the inappropriate, to age appropriate to aging in such a short space in time.

Whilst she covered up for the cold weather, I don’t find anything exciting about this look other than the sequin collar.

A side bun and black patent sandals completed her look.

Her co-star, Asa Butterfield, looks very dapper in Dolce & Gabbana.

Credit: Getty

Marni for H&M

Marni for H&M

Shailene Woodley In Dolce & Gabbana - 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

Shailene Woodley In Dolce & Gabbana – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

20 Responses to Chloe Moretz In Emilio Pucci – ‘Hugo’ 3D Royal Film Performance

1. maria November 29, 2011 at 16:15 #

she looks like a widow. I don’t get it either.

• gurlygurl November 30, 2011 at 06:43 #

Agreed! Very aging for such a young girl. I’m all for keeping warm but what’s with the opaques and over the knee dresses I’m seeing so much of? Does not work ladies!! If you must wear stockings go sheer or rethink your dress length…. unless you’re literally going to a funeral!

• Emi November 30, 2011 at 09:12 #

LOL… so true. They both look like two children who put on their parent’s clothes when they were out for dinner and the babysitter was watching tv or sleeping… Terrible. Why do her parents let her go out dressed like this?

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 29, 2011 at 16:19 #

Im having a nightmare…

3. Jones19 November 29, 2011 at 17:00 #

This what an 80 year old should be wearing, not a teenager.

4. Isa November 29, 2011 at 17:10 #

Oh my God! She looks like 100 years old! She could be a secretary from Mad Men with this outfit! Her partner is a cutie though!!

5. Emmeline November 29, 2011 at 17:12 #

She looks adorable in the close-up, but in the wide shot it’s obvious what a mess this is. I think my problem with Chloe is that it always feels like she’s trying way too hard. I wish she’d just relax a little and have more fun.

• asherlev1 November 29, 2011 at 18:29 #

So true! You hit the nail on the head. She goes crazy with her hair, makeup and clothing, when really, all she has to do is be natural and dress simply and she would look like a million bucks.

URGGHH WHO IS THIS AWFUL STYLIST? I used to love seeing Chloe on the red carpet.

6. Nat39 November 29, 2011 at 17:19 #

This is just so OLD and unflattering. Cover her face, and you have a mother with her son at the conservatory recital, all Asa needs is a violin.

7. Giuseppi Giraffe November 29, 2011 at 17:41 #

my first thought at seeing this picture was that she looked several decades older than she is. this is so aging for her

• Giuseppi Giraffe November 29, 2011 at 17:41 #

if she wuold have at least gotten rid o the black tights, that would have done a lot for it- i dont’think i’ve ever seen such a flat, uninteresting emilio pucci look before

8. Vee November 29, 2011 at 18:14 #

you weren’t fashion schizo as a teen? lol..i will admit it’s not only aging…it’s ugly

9. asherlev1 November 29, 2011 at 18:28 #

Where’s that adorable little girl with the bob? D:

I hate that somebody is actually enabling this styling. Clearly, someone is telling her she looks good like this.

10. dee November 29, 2011 at 18:29 #

I think it may be hard for some teenagers to know what is appropriate to wear. I think she will learn as she gets older. I hope so, anyway.

11. argentina November 29, 2011 at 19:39 #

Whats going on with young people? She looks like a granny.

12. P. November 29, 2011 at 19:47 #

nor my grandma wears those horrible outfit. FC, did you see Chloe at Hugo’s NY premiere?? She wore a beautiful princess Dolce&Gabbana dress, really gorgeous and YOUTHFUL. She should invest more on the fairytale-esque dresses

13. Thirteen November 29, 2011 at 19:59 #

I totally agree with you and all the other comments: aging. She can never get it right.

14. Alina November 30, 2011 at 10:10 #

Doesn’t she have to go to school ? She seems to be everywhere on the red carpet.

15. TeaAtTwo November 30, 2011 at 10:53 #

I think her stylist forgets that she’s a kid and not some 20 something.

16. Jess2 November 30, 2011 at 12:40 #

This is bad bad bad – it is so not age appropriate she is young and fun so she should look that way. I also don’t like how she does her hair