Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane – 2011 British Fashion Awards

Alexa Chung won the British Style Award at the 2011 British Fashion Awards which were held at the Savoy Hotel in London last night.

I think the person sitting next to me summed up a few people’s feelings when he said, “Again? Is there no one else they can pick?”

The TV personality accepted her award wearing a Christopher Kane Spring 2012 dress – our first look at this collection on the red carpet.

The ivory silk satin dress with an embellished overlay was teamed with a bejewelled Christopher Kane clutch.

Keeping to her signature laidback style, she added Charlotte Olympia ‘Kitty’ embroidered velvet pumps. We’ve seen her wear the velvet flats several times before.

She debuted longer bangs which were too long in my opinion.

Minimal (if any) makeup completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Get Up To 75% Off Valentino At theOutnet

Get Up To 75% Off Valentino At theOutnet

Felicity Jones In Proenza Schouler - 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

Felicity Jones In Proenza Schouler – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

42 Responses to Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane – 2011 British Fashion Awards

1. M November 29, 2011 at 13:50 #

Boring.

2. pritha November 29, 2011 at 13:55 #

why does she always look so unkempt… or is it just me…

• Jess2 November 30, 2011 at 06:23 #

It’s not just you, I thought the same thing. Her hair is really awful here

• smolls November 30, 2011 at 23:11 #

I totally agree…I”m from the states so I don’t really know who she is other than what I’ve seen/read on this site so I’m SHOCKED to hear she won a style award…whaaattt??? :)

3. Gabis November 29, 2011 at 13:56 #

She looks like a skinny model who woke up after a heavy drinking night out and went straight to the event. I miss Alexa good old days…

4. Emalie November 29, 2011 at 14:01 #

I really like the dress, just not on her.

Btw, she’s wearing the high heeled version of the Kitty flats called Kitty 110 :)

5. Mick November 29, 2011 at 14:01 #

I can’t believe that the fascination for Alexa Chung’s style is still ongoing in Britain… I’ve never been fond of her particularly, but at least a few years ago she seemed a bit better style-wise, now she just looks shabby all the time. The hair is dreadful; on the other hand I really like the dress, just not with those shoes.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 29, 2011 at 16:30 #

+1 word for word.

• Hannah November 29, 2011 at 17:47 #

The dress is so beutiful, so many other people would hve doen it justic.e I also adore the shoes but they are rarely going to work on a red carpet in my opinion.
      Also, I gree. She just seems to look the same, roleld out of bed, and always has the same irritating way of posing and facial expressions.
      lso, watching the video, clerly Amanda didn’t want her to win, either.

6. Coco's Tea Party November 29, 2011 at 14:26 #

I agree with the person sitting next to you. I like Alexa’s style and she did choose a great dress last night but there are lots of stars that dress better than her.

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 14:51 #

Rosie should have won

7. Fer November 29, 2011 at 14:29 #

I really can’t get why people call her stylish, i don’t see it, each time i see her in a red carpet event or whatever i get a feeling of a little girl playing dress up and getting it all wrong, i just can’t stand her, and her hair, and she is soo worshiped, i just, really, can’t get it.

• Camellia November 30, 2011 at 05:10 #

I don’t get it either. Perhaps I’m too old?

She looks unhealthy in that photo – limbs are way too skinny and her hair is too messy for my liking.

• manja November 30, 2011 at 08:35 #

agree 100%

8. Alina November 29, 2011 at 14:32 #

Beautiful dress, but she just doesn’t care.

9. Mol November 29, 2011 at 14:46 #

This dress, which I love, falls rather flat on Alexa.

10. Kid A November 29, 2011 at 14:46 #

I love her style. And I especially love her hair. I hate it when people overstyle their hair. I like natural and messy and i just woke up-esque. I don’t care about her personality. It’s not about it. I just like how she looks!!

11. dee November 29, 2011 at 14:54 #

I can’t understand how she won a style award when her style is terrible. Her hair always looks a mess and she is way too skinny.

12. Linda November 29, 2011 at 14:54 #

In the video she seems pretty down to earth and with a sense of humour and genuinely a little bit baffled at winning? I don’t know, I’ve only ever seen anything of her on this site. After seeing her in the video seems like maybe people like her style because she honestly doesn’t care if she looks unkempt, just likes wearing great clothes? Not sure…

• Linda November 29, 2011 at 14:57 #

Oh, the other thing I noticed in the video – the presenter seemed a little embarassed or uncomfortable at presening the award to Alexa Chung.

• heather November 29, 2011 at 15:59 #

I totally thought that too! I was watching the video at work with no sound, but the presenter’s facial expressions said it all – too funny!

13. robbie November 29, 2011 at 14:59 #

she has to win the award for the best way to suck all excitement out of a look. no matter what she wears she always manages to make it look ridiculously boring.

14. freddy November 29, 2011 at 15:07 #

Oh MY GOD ALEXA!im really confused why this girl is a fashion icon?REALLY SHE IS SO OVERRATEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!HER STYLE HER HAIR IS DEADLY BORINGGGGGGGGGGG ROLLING EYES

15. bm November 29, 2011 at 15:12 #

it’s the hair that makes this look so messy.

16. Parvati November 29, 2011 at 15:42 #

I’ve never liked Alexa Chung’s sense of style, but I suppose this outfit is better than some others she’s worn in the past. This time, she’s wearing a nice dress and I like that she carried a matching clutch, but the shoes and the dishevelled hair look just wrong.

• maria November 29, 2011 at 16:07 #

i agree. the dress is not bad. She somehow always looks the same though, with her throwback 60s and the flat heels.

17. Jones19 November 29, 2011 at 17:08 #

I just don’t get it. Why her?

18. justme November 29, 2011 at 17:42 #

She reached an all-time low on the idgaf scale with that hair. Like seriously?
    The dress and clutch are beautiful but she messed it up with those heels.
    At least, she’s funny… I guess.

19. Nat39 November 29, 2011 at 18:06 #

Lovely dress, awful shoe choice, she has to start working on her facial expression (she looks mad), I think it`s her major failing factor, more than style or hair.

20. Tahj November 29, 2011 at 19:15 #

Cute. But not on her. Why does she always have that weird look? And why does she make the red carpet her life?

21. Kyriaki-Cyprus November 29, 2011 at 20:25 #

The embelished overlay looks better on the video and I like it. I think I have a problem with satin and white. Had it been any other material, I would have liked it more. I don’t hate it on her but I don’t like the hair, especially on such a formal occassion.

22. mandy November 30, 2011 at 05:42 #

LOL. I guess there really is NO ONE ELSE.

23. Jess2 November 30, 2011 at 06:28 #

I really like this dress but Alexa doesn’t give it any live. She looks like she didn’t care with the awful hair and bad choice of shoes. I really don’t understand how she won the award, I agree with the people that were around you FC

24. CC November 30, 2011 at 07:14 #

Alexa Chung’s “it girl” days are over. Please UK press and fashion mags, give us a break! She looks a mess to receive this award. My hair looks better when I wake each morning and I adore ballet flats but they do not belong with this outfit. The dress IS lovely though.

25. Laura November 30, 2011 at 08:36 #

I don’t get the hype on Alexa Chung. I don’t find her fashionable at all! She wears the same type of dress with her messy hair all the time. Fashionable women evolves with time and place, Alexa doesn’t. She dresses the same all the time. Even when she sleeps I think she dresses that way too.

26. samaira November 30, 2011 at 09:46 #

Her hair/face/expression is scaring me from that pic.

27. Alexandra November 30, 2011 at 09:56 #

she so does not deserve it. there are so many stylish british girls, emma watson and rosie huntington-whiteley to name a few

28. TeaAtTwo November 30, 2011 at 10:43 #

Her styling skills are as good as her presenting skills- non-existent.

29. Hisadora November 30, 2011 at 21:24 #

The dress is gorgeous… but she looks terrible.

30. yourockmyworld December 4, 2011 at 00:49 #

I quite like her style..but she looks so skinny and unhealthy these days..makes her really unattractive to me.

31. Min December 11, 2011 at 10:48 #

she’s disgusting and her voice is terrible