29.11.11

2011 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Up

Here are the rest of the stars who attended the 2011 British Fashion Awards.

Kristen McMenamy: The American model wore an ice-white Alexander McQueen Fall 2011 organza pearl embroidered dress to go with her ice-white hair.  Her matching McQueen accessories included a filigree skull clutch, python boots and fur scarf.

Stella McCartney: The designer was, of course, in a look from her recent Spring 2012 collection. Her printed jumpsuit epitomizes her chic, laidback style of dressing. Iron-straight hair and black sandals provided the finishing touches.

Caroline Sieber: Like Alexa Chung, the stylist also wore a look from the Christopher Kane Spring 2012 collection. Her iridescent plunging floral-print mini dress was unimaginatively paired with black pumps.

Amber Le Bon: The model and daughter of Yasmin Le Bon wore a striking Peter Pilotto Resort 2012 halter dress. Her clutch also stood out as it was covered in gold glitter. Nude pumps and a centre-parted low bun provided the finishing touches.

Poppy Delevigne: The model wore a Matthew Williamson Spring 2012 embroidered gown. She got into the boho spirit of the look by opting for a messy sideswept ponytail.

Charlotte Dellal: The shoe designer wore a black Vivienne Westwood dress which she accessorized with her Charlotte Olympia Ninivah crepe and leather pumps and Charlotte Olympia Pandora Bruce perspex box clutch. This sexy look teamed with colourful fun accessories was one of my favourites on the night.

Josephine de la Baume: The actress wore a Julien Macdonald Spring 2012 look. Her black and white tuxedo jacket was worn over a black dress with a thigh-high split and sheer panels. She casually threw her hair up in into a simple ponytail with a few pieces framing her face whilst adding heavy black suede platforms. She has the right attitude to pull of this look. I have to say I like it a lot.

Tabitha Simmons: The shoe designer who won the Emerging Talent Accessories award donned a very smart Chanel Fall 2011 Couture lilac embellished skirt suit. A McQueen clutch and a gorgeous pair of self-designed shoes completed her look.

Abbey Clancey: The model can keep on trying, but I just can’t take her seriously on the red carpet. She pouted her way down the red carpet wearing a suede Giles dress with studded details from the designer’s archives.

Hayley Atwell: The actress wore a print Mulberry Spring 2012 dress with embroidered details. The dress feels a bit overly fussy, the clutch is way too big and the pumps are disappointing and uninspiring to say the very least.

Georgia May Jagger: The model wore a Julien Macdonald Spring 2012 flapper-esque nude dress with silver and gold beaded details. Velvet-green Charlotte Olympia platform pumps wouldn’t have been my choice, but I’m just glad she didn’t belt the dress as it appeared on the runway

Ramola Garia: The actress wore a Mulberry look that feels too dressed down for an awards ceremony.

Livia Guiggioli: She was joined on the red carpet with her husband, Colin Firth, wearing a Henrietta Ludgate green goddess gown which she teamed with an Alexander McQueen clutch.

Kate Moss: The supermodel looked pretty tidy by her standards. I love clean, straight, brushed hair and red lippie, but that dress leaves a lot to be desired.

Samantha Cameron: The Prime Ministers wife wore a Holly Fulton Fall 2011 black velvet dress with a an embellished neckline. Red Charlotte Olympia pumps completed her look.

Who was your favourite on the red carpet at the 2011 British Fashion Awards?

Credit: Getty

Felicity Jones In Proenza Schouler - 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

Felicity Jones In Proenza Schouler – 21st Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

Marni for H&M

Marni for H&M

28 Responses to 2011 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Up

1. robbie November 29, 2011 at 14:56 #

kristen just looks as if she is wearing a costume, nothing about the whole look is appealling.

amber, charlotte and georgia look great.

one thing for a fashion awards event it looks boring as hell, also the shoes! thank god for tabitha and charlotte for wearing something interesting.

2. Lei November 29, 2011 at 14:56 #

Popp is my fave! That girl could wear anything & look fab!
    I think Stella looks awful.. so surprised you didn’t comment on the length of her jumpsuit FC!

TBH none of the above made the hairs on my arm stand up! Victoria Beckham was definitely the star of the night!
    x

3. dee November 29, 2011 at 14:57 #

I don’t really care for any of these looks. Nothing wows me at all.

• mm November 29, 2011 at 16:09 #

I agree. Poor dressed fashion event. With every look i find something that puts me off.

I like Tabitha’s look but her hair is a wreck.

• gurlygurl November 30, 2011 at 06:41 #

Agreed… I’m suprised by how much bad dressing is on this red carpet… at a fashion event no less! Reminds me more of a disasterous football red carpet night. All a bit of an eyesore…. Amber Le Bon is my fave.

4. Alina November 29, 2011 at 15:00 #

My favourite from this list is Poppy Delevigne.

Overall, Olivia Palermo.

5. Linda November 29, 2011 at 15:02 #

Georgia May Jagger looks gorgeous, also I love Tabitha Simmons’ look, Yasmin Le Bon’s dress is amazing – Abbey Clancy, I thought she was a WAG at first based on the way she poses. That pic is one of the less horrible ones of her. Not cool. Lots of nice looks here though.

6. bee7 November 29, 2011 at 15:08 #

amber is looking gorgeous.

7. Jar November 29, 2011 at 15:25 #

FC, do we get to see what you wore?

8. The Dame November 29, 2011 at 15:39 #

I think Caroline Sieber is the best dressed. Abbey Clancy looks like a wax figure of herself. Charlotte Dellal looks lovely, but the red tights ruin it for me. The look would have been far more classy without them. And Ramola looks way too casual.

9. MReid November 29, 2011 at 15:51 #

I thought Kristin McMenamy was Avril Lavigne so my thought when I saw the pic “oh she put some effort into this.” I actually like the look a lot. She ties with Olivia Palermo as my favorite. Caroline Sieber’s is the biggest disappointment; if I had it like that, her look wouldn’t convince me she ought to be styling me.

10. Parvati November 29, 2011 at 15:54 #

Amber Le Bon and Georgia May Jagger stood out for me. I also like Kristen McMenamy’s McQueen outfit, but it feels a bit weird on her, especially with that hair. Finally, I like Stella McCartney’s appearance, but not because of what she wears. This jumpsuit doesn’t really appeal to me, but I like how confident she looks in clothes that aren’t easy to pull off.

11. maria November 29, 2011 at 16:14 #

Amber Lebon is my favourite. Love that Peter Pilotto dress.

12. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 29, 2011 at 16:27 #

Love Georgia and Amber. I think Stella looks like a moving man. Really dislike and don’t understand the long crotch.

13. Charlotte November 29, 2011 at 16:35 #

My favourites here are Poppy Delevigne and Amber le Bon! Both look so stunning and i love both their dresses! they look all summery which is nice to see after walking home in the rain and cold! Thank you FC! x

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2011 at 17:15 #

Yes, horrible weather we are having here today

14. justme November 29, 2011 at 17:34 #

The 2nd row has my favorite ladies of the night.

15. Nat39 November 29, 2011 at 17:54 #

Amber le Bon def. stands out of this miserable bunch. Abbey the model looks just fine, not a bad try at all.
    Trying to decide here who looks worst – Charlotte Dellal with the bleeding legs and blood dropping down her shoes, and did Kristen assume that she`s Gaga for a moment…

16. Mol November 29, 2011 at 17:57 #

I love Amber’s and Poppy’s looks, but Victoria Beckham wins the overall best for me.

17. Hannah November 29, 2011 at 18:10 #

On this page my best dressed are Colin then Amber.
    Despite the fact that I am for once not entirely embrssed by an English red crpet, it makes it so apparent that they ahve such terribel taste in fotowear fo rhte most part. Heavy, dark, boring shoes.
    Abbey Clancy did look god awful, considerign tht that is the most demrue phoo I have seen of her at this event, it was shocking.

18. Nat November 29, 2011 at 19:07 #

My clear favourite here is Colin Firth. Flawless as ever.

On the feminine side, I’ll go with Amber Le Bon and Georgia Jagger, although in neither case I’m impressed with their shoe choices. But the dresses are gorgeous!

Worst: Kate Moss (what was she thinking? It looks like she got caught in a fishnet).
    Stella’s jumpsuit badly needs a belt.

19. june November 30, 2011 at 05:50 #

i’m warming up to jumpsuits (entirely your fault, fc) but i can’t like stella’s one no matter how i try. it would have worked a hundred times more if they’d been separates (such as a suit jacket and trousers) and the trousers had been properly hemmed.

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2011 at 08:16 #

Lol…I’m obsessed with jumpsuits

20. TeaAtTwo November 30, 2011 at 10:28 #

I’m shocked a high-fashion stylist would pair black pumps with a pastel floral dress. A lot of boring shoes considering a lot great shoe designers were attending.

21. Jess2 November 30, 2011 at 11:20 #

Amber is my favourite, I absolutely love the Peter Pilotto followed by Georgia!
    My worst dressed are Kate Moss and Stella – I don’t like anything about their clothes. Overall quite disappointed with the red carpet

22. lelaid November 30, 2011 at 14:28 #

oh good lord. will someone show abbey clancy that she doesnt have to layer on 20 pounds of makeup to look pretty! she would be sooo much prettier without it anyways! for some reason i like her (dont ask me why, idk) but her makeup is always a mess!

23. Carolina Roq February 14, 2012 at 13:03 #

I hated the red tights

24. Stel February 5, 2013 at 20:33 #

Samantha Cameron is the best for me! Second best: Livia Guiggioli, but her dress needed to be ironed..