Vivian Hsu In Salvatore Ferragamo – 48th Golden Horse Awards

Vivian Hsu attended the 48th Golden Horse Awards in Hsinchu, Taiwan, on Saturday night.

The actress looked sensational wearing a Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 gown.

Her midnight-blue fully sequined plunging gown was teamed with the same box clutch the model carried on the runway.

Vivian added some silver jewels which complemented the look, but she went too far with the necklace. Her look would’ve been improved had she opted for a clean neckline like the model.

A side-parted bun and pink lips completed the look.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

The Communications Store Spring 2012 Press Preview

The Communications Store Spring 2012 Press Preview

20 Responses to Vivian Hsu In Salvatore Ferragamo – 48th Golden Horse Awards

1. Martin November 28, 2011 at 11:18 #

I agree. She looks sensational but the necklace was completely unnecessary. Another instance where less most definitely would have been more.

Speaking of, if only the woman in the background had taken that mantra on board as well. Hysterically overdone, yet strangely entrancing. Once I spotted her, I must admit I couldn’t take my eyes off that fantastically hideous gown.

• Jones19 November 28, 2011 at 11:49 #

LOL I found myself staring at that woman in the background as well. Anyway Vivian looks amazing but the necklace is too much.

• CreoleLady November 28, 2011 at 12:15 #

ITA and wiping away tears of laughter….

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 28, 2011 at 13:30 #

+3 and hypeventilating. People like that are life’s bon bon’s. I have a hard time peeling my eyes off them when I see them in person…often I discreetly try to snap a pic.

• Emi November 29, 2011 at 10:50 #

What about the man on the right of the picture? Oh my gosh… I agree with you about “less is more”, but I must say that the necklace itself is gorgeous!

2. Jess2 November 28, 2011 at 11:37 #

The dress is beautiful and she looks lovely in it but I also agree that the necklace was too much.
    What did you think of her shoes FC? I thought they were a bit to clunky

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2011 at 11:38 #

I didnt see them

3. Mimz November 28, 2011 at 12:48 #

In the far east culture and in the Middle east specifically, its in our tradition to wear necklaces with evening gowns.
    Maybe cz some of us believe “more is more” rather than less is more.
    Just wanted to explain to you FC, about our traditions.
    P.S. Im in love with ur blog!

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2011 at 12:54 #

• Elle November 28, 2011 at 21:15 #

I agree. My family is from Southeast Asia and I was born in California, but I think the necklace is most likely an Asian style when dressing up. Even my mom wears her pearls to dinner or to church each Sunday just because we need to accessorize each outfit. I also thought this gown looked still sensational with the necklace. I would also wear it the same way. A gown doesn’t feel “complete” without a necklace in my book and it most likely has to do with being brought up in the Asian culture.

• gurlygurl November 28, 2011 at 23:01 #

The necklace may not be to everyones taste but she still wears the dress very beautifully. It’s really nice to get an explanation of the cultural aspect….when you put it that way it changes the perspective. When we’re online we sometimes forget not everyone is in the Western world and fashion just like culture is different.

• Elle November 28, 2011 at 21:17 #

And it is a “more is more” mentality in the Asian cultures. You show what you got! Haha.

4. Alina November 28, 2011 at 12:50 #

I’m hurt. The dress is so beautiful on the runway…

5. Carmen November 28, 2011 at 12:52 #

Arianne Artiles a Spanish model wore the same dress a day ago in GQ Awards. Without the necklace and with the clutch in black. She looked gorgeous.

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2011 at 13:32 #

Thanks. I will try to find it

6. dee November 28, 2011 at 14:03 #

I like the necklace with the gown. I think she looks great.

7. maria November 28, 2011 at 17:12 #

agree about the necklace. Bummer.

8. Nat39 November 28, 2011 at 17:41 #

The necklace is def. distractingly excessive, no need for it, plus she is not tall and statuesque enough to pull off this gown – her `not long enough` upper body and the poor posture don`t allow the design of the dress to work to its full effect.

9. TeaAtTwo November 28, 2011 at 20:32 #

Is the waistband different? Either way she looks smashing.

10. cat November 29, 2011 at 03:29 #

What a gorgeous dress! love the colour, the sequins, the cut, everything.