Since we last saw Salma Hayek in YSL promoting her new movie ‘Puss In Boots’ in London, she has promoted the movie a further three times this weekend.

After London she hot footed it over to Rome for a photocall with co-star Antonio Banderas.

She wore a Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2011 printed dress with a black leather sash tied around the waist.

Black peep-toes and a necklace with a large sapphire stone completed her look.

Following the photocall was the premiere at the UCI Cinema.

She opted for another one of ‘her brands’ by wearing a Gucci Spring 2012 LBD.

You can breathe a sigh of relief that she opted for a more demure modified version of the runway look. With her assets, this dress would’ve been totally inappropriate to promote a kids’ movie, or anything else for that matter.

The runway drop-waist dress becomes a simpler dress on Salma, with the same pleated tiered skirt, haltered style and gold detailing on the neckline.

The black and gold theme continued with her Gucci Spring 2012 heels and shoulder bag.

On Sunday, Salma was in Australia for the Sydney premiere.

This Bottega Veneta Resort 2012 dress is horrific on Salma. Her stylist hasn’t helped her much throughout this lengthy promo tour, but this for me is a sackable offence.

Couldn’t her stylist see that the dress is too tight on her chest? The knitted and silk details are clearly overstretched.

Her corseted belt may be giving her a tiny waist, but it’s incredibly unflattering and makes her appear stumpy.

The only thing that gets a pass are the grey Trib Toos, and that’s only because they are colour co-ordinated.

All Salma wants for Christmas is a new stylist.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ella Chen In Andrew Gn - 48th Golden Horse Awards

Ella Chen In Andrew Gn – 48th Golden Horse Awards

Tang Wei In Valentino - 48th Golden Horse Awards

Tang Wei In Valentino – 48th Golden Horse Awards

26 Responses to Salma Hayek In Balenciaga, Gucci & Bottega Veneta – ‘Puss in Boots’ Photcalls & Premieres

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 28, 2011 at 13:17 #

Really dislike the first look. She looks like she is going to the office. The sash is a distraction.

The black Gucci is quiet, but elegant and fits her well. Love her with more controlled hair.

Completely agree FC about the awful fit of this dress. Stretch pleats over major ta ta’s is never a good look. No mirrors?

• gurlygurl November 28, 2011 at 23:18 #

I agree! The black dress looks lovely on her shape. It is very simple but it seems when she tries anything other than simple it ends up in disaster. The accessories are great and her hair looks lovely. It’s the best I’ve seen her look in some time. I’m not a fan of the other two looks.

2. dunzoo November 28, 2011 at 13:24 #

it’s getting worse..
    she totally ruins the balenciaga dress with this black leather sash, is hits supposed to look chic ? edgy ? i don’t get it. like her make up a hair tough.
    the gucci dress is fab on sigrid, love the 20″s vibe, but the dress looks like a boring cocktail dress on salma.
    the bottega venetta is terriblen she reminds me her character in bandidas (with peneloppe cruz).
    maybe next step will be Asia for a 50th premiere ? i don’t know if they already went there to promote the movie

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2011 at 13:30 #

The only place left I think.

3. Slash November 28, 2011 at 13:26 #

God, I swear, this woman is jumping out of my refrigerator -.- Enough is enough. These looks are so meh. I would’ve love the Balenciaga dress had she ditched the sash. Also, the Bottega Veneta dress is cute, but not on her (nor the model).

4. Mario November 28, 2011 at 13:29 #

Such a closet and not a single good outfit so far – if I were her stylist I’d shoot myself.

5. Shaina November 28, 2011 at 13:44 #

The LBD looks gorgeous, not a fan of the other two looks…

6. Jones19 November 28, 2011 at 13:59 #

This is the longest promo tour EVER. Also the most boring one. The first and third looks are terrible, the second one is okay.

7. Alina November 28, 2011 at 14:26 #

The first two looks aren’t that bad, but the last one … God, have mercy !

8. robbie November 28, 2011 at 14:34 #

each look just gets worse and worse.

9. Jess2 November 28, 2011 at 14:47 #

Seriously how many promo appearances does this movie need, it has to be more than the years biggest movies put together. Anyway I really like the Gucci look and that is about it. The Bottega Veneta belt is awful and is no better on the model

10. Linda November 28, 2011 at 14:57 #

I like the first two, they’re a big improvement. The last dress is just an ugly dress, probably on anyone who wore it.

11. Mick November 28, 2011 at 15:56 #

I like the Gucci look, and thank god she had it modified, the runway version would have been dreadful on her. That’s about it, the other looks are lackluster to say at least.
    This has to be the longest promo tour ever, and yet we had no impressive looks from her.

12. Jess November 28, 2011 at 16:19 #

this is getting beyond a joke…surely the promo tour is close to ending now? Salma needs a break from travelling and we need a break from all the terrible styling.

13. Ritika November 28, 2011 at 16:25 #

The black Gucci is the best look out of the three. The last dress would have probably looked good in the colour as shown on the red carpet, especially the belt. The grey is just bad.

• Ritika November 28, 2011 at 16:25 #

*on the runway!

14. andrea November 28, 2011 at 16:47 #

Wow, the first look took me back to 1995. She really needs a new stylist – I hate to say it, but she is a terrible brand ambassador for the LVMH labels.

15. andrea November 28, 2011 at 16:52 #

Correction to previous post – she is not the best brand ambassador for the PPR Gucci Group.

16. FelipeA November 28, 2011 at 17:54 #

What exactly is keeping her from having these dresses made specifically for her body? I mean, she owns the companies. There is no excuse for the fit issues.

17. Emily November 28, 2011 at 17:55 #

I feel like between Salma and Christina Hendricks, we’re all being sent the message that women with big chests simply can’t look good on the red carpet! … It shouldn’t be this way ladies!!!

18. Nat39 November 28, 2011 at 18:04 #

The 1st look works best for her even with the sash, the shape of the skirt of the 2nd LBD look is wrong for her, doesn`t work for her curvy figure. As for the 3rd – it`s the length of the dress that doesn`t flatter her legs and makes her appear stumpy, the corseted belt works beautifully for her figure, in my opinion.

19. maria November 28, 2011 at 19:05 #

i actually think it’s herself who likes to bring attention to her chest. At the end of the day she is famous for her “natural” curves.
    I like the first look the best, albeit casual. The Gucci dress is unrecognizable after the alterations and the third is ill fitting.
    It seems the promotional tour must have a budget as large as the movie itself…..

20. Hannah November 28, 2011 at 19:37 #

Everything, even though vaired, is so deja vu for me. She does the same silhouettes, the sme designers the same accessories, almost always the same hair.
    I also serched and sw that the first publicity was in May at Cannes, adn then after tht the pmo tour started in september, as in over 2 months ago.
    I genuinely am going to boycott the film just because of that.

21. TeaAtTwo November 28, 2011 at 19:59 #

I can infer that she’s mad at her husband and shows this by continuously destroying looks from his brands to his profit line.

22. Nat November 28, 2011 at 21:19 #

I kinda like the Gucci look: the fit of the dress looks nice and (for once!) proper for her curves, those shoes are beautiful and I also like her hair and the red lipstick.
    Pretty basic LBD, I know, but at least she looks good!
    I won’t comment on the other two looks…

23. Erini November 29, 2011 at 05:04 #

Please let this promo tour end soon, very soon- enough is enough!