Carina Lau In Atelier Versace – 48th Golden Horse Awards

Carina Lau also took to the red carpet at the 48th Golden Horse Awards in Hsinchu, Taiwan, on Saturday night.

The actress, who likes to have fun on the red carpet, opted for an Atelier Versace Spring 2012 gown.

Her tiered grey ombre one-shoulder gown was once again teamed with jewellery which overpowers her look. I see the necklace before the gown.

I have never been a fan of necklaces, or in this case a choker, being worn with an asymmetrical dress. The imbalance throws me off.

Besides the overwhelming jewels, Carina isn’t really selling this gown to me.

The drama and intensity of this look didn’t translated onto the red carpet.

Credit: Versace.com & Sina

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

Kylie Minogue In Richard Nicoll - 2011 ARIA Awards

Kylie Minogue In Richard Nicoll – 2011 ARIA Awards

17 Responses to Carina Lau In Atelier Versace – 48th Golden Horse Awards

1. Gillian November 28, 2011 at 12:13 #

I agree, and honestly, she made the dress not look expensive imo

2. Dorian Gray November 28, 2011 at 12:24 #

I agree, such a shame because the dress is awesome.

3. Alina November 28, 2011 at 12:41 #

Asian celebrities have grace and poise, but they really have a problem with jewellery.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 28, 2011 at 13:24 #

This dress is magnificent. The addition of the choker and heavy bracelet baffles.

5. Jess2 November 28, 2011 at 13:58 #

I agree with all the comments, great dress but the necklace doesn’t work and she isn’t shining through

6. dee November 28, 2011 at 14:01 #

I don’t like the dress and the necklace is even worse with it.

7. Jones19 November 28, 2011 at 14:04 #

Way too much bling. Girl needs to tone it down.

8. bm November 28, 2011 at 14:14 #

Carina has the same problem with Fan .
    Both of them opted for unnecessary items with their dress .

9. Linda November 28, 2011 at 15:11 #

Lose the necklace for sure.

• maria November 28, 2011 at 18:58 #

10. Renee Baptiste November 28, 2011 at 19:35 #

I agree, Necklaces should not be worn with asymmetrical dress or tops. I think if she would have chosen a simple drop earring it would have done the dress justice.

11. Hannah November 28, 2011 at 19:40 #

Inever really liek chokers, but I agree, any necklace over almost any asymetrical gown doesn’t work. The other thing that gets me is that she is not that short, jsu tunder 5’6 according to google, and so should have, with heels, been able to pull this dress off, so clerly is lackign stance. As much as I think that gowns liek this need height, Noomi Rapace in Givenchy and Dita von Teese in anything prove otherwise.The dress also needed major steaming to ge tthe beautiful, crisp runway layers.

12. Giuseppi Giraffe November 28, 2011 at 20:02 #

wow- the dress is gorgeous on the model, but somehow it just goes flat on her

13. TeaAtTwo November 28, 2011 at 20:08 #

The hair looks matronly. Also, at first glance it looks as if the dress has a weird (strangling) neckline.

14. Camellia November 29, 2011 at 10:34 #

Love the dress on the model. The colour is to die for.

15. Parvati November 29, 2011 at 12:25 #

I agree with you, FC, this dress really didn’t translate so well on Carina and the choker does nothing for this look. It’s funny how both Carina and Vivian Hsu added unnecessary necklaces to their looks, while attending the same event.

(I also couldn’t help but notice that the dress Carina wears here and the Nicholas Oakwell dress in the previous post have the same ombre colour! :P)

16. abasss December 1, 2011 at 04:22 #

Wow, I don’t know any of these actresses but the Asian ladies have excellent taste and wear the most amazing dresses. I could have done without the necklace in this particular case, but the dress is still stunning.