Salma Hayek In YSL – ‘Puss In Boots’ London Premiere

Seriously, how many more premieres does this ‘Puss In Boots’ movie need?

It feels like Salma Hayek and Antonio Banderas have lapped the world twice plugging this movie.

It has been seven months since the first Cannes Film Festival photocall back in May, so that means either this movie can’t be any good, it has a huge budget or neither actor has any other projects in the pipeline.

I wouldn’t be complaining if Salma was giving us some great red carpet looks à la Miss Rosie Huntington-Whitely, but they just seem to be getting worse and worse, which is surprising considering her access.

On this occasion she donned a YSL black suit with a mint green halter top from the Spring 2012 collection.

I would’ve forced myself to like the look had it not been for the hat.

The hat makes this look feel too costumey for me.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Yasmin le Bon In Christopher Kane - Vertu Constellation Launch

Yasmin le Bon In Christopher Kane – Vertu Constellation Launch

Black Friday Deals

Black Friday Deals

28 Responses to Salma Hayek In YSL – ‘Puss In Boots’ London Premiere

1. ayishaa November 25, 2011 at 14:13 #

The issue with this outfit is there are just too many things going on.The waistcoat might have been ok alone but the hat and the jacket are an overkill.

2. Martin November 25, 2011 at 14:17 #

It pains me to think that although Salma has access, through her husband, to the most incredible collections every season, rarely does she manage to pull out a decent look outside of her red carpet appearances in Gucci Premiere.

Sorry, but this look is simply absurd. Even putting aside the nonsensical hat, this suit does not make sense. The halter top has too much stiffness and volume to tuck under a vest, the vest appears to be be too small judging by the strain showing on the buttons, the jacket is too long and the pants make her appear 3 foot tall. And, then, the hat … seriously?

3. Tania November 25, 2011 at 14:17 #

Having the key to the closet makes her want to wear everything at once! There’s too much going on. I think she wanted to look costumey.

• Fashion Critic November 25, 2011 at 14:20 #

I agree.

4. frommdq November 25, 2011 at 14:18 #

For me the problem is not the hat but the vest.

5. Raquel November 25, 2011 at 14:27 #

She looked stunning at the Brazil (Rio) premiere…

6. Lucinda November 25, 2011 at 14:28 #

I love this YSL top, and its such a shame i think that she hid it under a waistcoat (It now looks like a scarf)
    Also these jewel colours lend themselves so well to be teamed together – not with black.
    And the wide leg trousers and the platform shoes…. she looks ready for dance-aerobics.
    I will say that this outfit does make her appear a little more conservative in the chest dept. Which think is a good thing.

7. Ade November 25, 2011 at 14:47 #

Seriously, how many more premieres does this ‘Puss In Boots’ movie need?

If Salma was delivering great fashions, it wouldn’t matter but seeing her style get messier every premiere almost makes it seem like it’s been going on for five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.

8. robbie November 25, 2011 at 15:04 #

the hat bothers me, and to be honest so does the top. it does really seem either sexy masculine (evan rachel wood) or even edgy masculine (tilda swinton) it just looks a bit iffy. i wish she would have ditched the vest, top and hat, then went for a girly blouse or even a crisp white shirt.

9. Raquel November 25, 2011 at 15:16 #

I don´t know exactly why but I like this look, I like the hat on her…

10. Giuseppi Giraffe November 25, 2011 at 15:23 #

I may be alone here, but I htink she looks cute :)
    I like the hat.

11. mol November 25, 2011 at 15:33 #

You are completely right F.C. – this is awful. I often like hats, but not here….she looks like a man to me (head only), way too masculine.

12. TeaAtTwo November 25, 2011 at 15:34 #

It appears she’s having a bout of SJP syndrome. Symptoms include donning an item or accessory too many.

• Fashion Critic November 25, 2011 at 15:35 #

lol…love it

13. Mol November 25, 2011 at 15:38 #

I think she’s just stopped caring. Tbf, it does look like fun to wear, if not fun to look at!

• Fashion Critic November 25, 2011 at 15:47 #

ditto

14. Hannah November 25, 2011 at 15:39 #

I feel like the runwy version would hve been so much better, even if not ideal, for her. The colour and the silhouette and cut are so much mor eappealing, while Salma looks like she is jsut chucking on as many clothes as she can. Somehow this reminds me of the failed attempt Janet Jackson had at Haider Ackermann.
    Also, apparently the movie isn’t that bad, so, big budget/vailbility it must be!

15. Jones19 November 25, 2011 at 16:11 #

Oh good lord no no no. This is unspeakably bad.

16. Zee November 25, 2011 at 16:33 #

It’s funny to have so many premieres considering this is just an animation movie. They don’t even act in the movie :)

17. CTgirl November 25, 2011 at 16:40 #

She looks like a cross between a gangster and a pimp. Stunningly awful.

18. argentina November 25, 2011 at 17:04 #

I think she left her stylist in Paris.

19. FashionMahin November 25, 2011 at 17:51 #

Salma is really annoying me. She’s a gorgeous woman but I feel like her outfit choices are either bland or they swallor her completely! She needs a makeover!

20. Emi November 25, 2011 at 18:06 #

I think she wanted to pay homage to Jesse James… Terrible.

21. gurlygurl November 25, 2011 at 23:11 #

It’s impossible to see the connection bewteen what Salma is wearing and the runway outfit. I love the runway look but Salma is a train wreck. The top does look like a scarf, the waist coat and hat do nothing for the outfit and the shoes look heavy and clunky… not to mention the odd choice of purse. If there was a worst dressed of the week list this should surely win.

22. Karen November 26, 2011 at 08:27 #

As always, Salma is a fashion trainwreck everytime. No surprises here.

23. Tahj November 28, 2011 at 05:44 #

Sorry Salma but you aren’t DIane Keaton. Only she should wear this outfit.