23.11.11

The Fashion Foie Gras for Coach Bag Launch Party

Last night I attended the launch party to celebrate Emily Johnston of Fashion Foie Gras’ Coach ‘Fashion blogger’ bag.

Emily was super excited to work with the iconic American brand.

She said, “Since being given the opportunity to design a bag with Coach, my feet haven’t touched the ground! Coach is the pinnacle of luxury and sophistication. Designing a bag with a brand that I have always held in such high regard has been the most nerve-racking, but also the most exhilarating, experience of my life. I couldn’t be prouder or more pleased with what we have produced.”

Emily is a regular on the Fashion Week circuit so she knows it is challenging to find a chic yet functional bag.

What I love about this Coach bag is that Emily cleverly designed it to have a separate compartment for your SLR camera (every fashion blogger has one) and your flat shoes when you just can’t take walking in heels anymore between shows.

The bag also has several compartments inside for your show notes, iPad and mobile phone, plus it has a detachable clutch.

Even though it was designed for fashion bloggers, its functionality will work for everyone.

Inside the party, Emily was seen clutching her beloved bag which I can’t wait to tote around Fashion Week.

Party-goers enjoyed the drinks and canapés whilst Mademoiselle Robot was spinning the decks. The photobooth was a fun touch to take a souvenir from the night.

We also got to see the moodboard which provided the inspiration for the bag.

The bag is available from the Coach flagship store on New Bond Street and will be available to order internationally online at Coach.com from November 30th.

[nggallery id=1036]

Who Wore Christopher Kane Better? Ciara or Ellie Goulding

Who Wore Christopher Kane Better? Ciara or Ellie Goulding

Get Up To 70% Off Fair Isle Knits And Shearling At theOutnet.com

Get Up To 70% Off Fair Isle Knits And Shearling At theOutnet.com

7 Responses to The Fashion Foie Gras for Coach Bag Launch Party

1. pritha November 23, 2011 at 12:31 #

thats a real BIG bag! Never was a fan of hyper-monogrammed Coach bags but this one thankfully seems really functional and practical.

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2011 at 12:47 #

When you have to carrying all the things I mentioned during fashion week plus a possibly a change of clothes, believe me when I say it isn’t really big enough :D

2. Ala November 23, 2011 at 13:14 #

Definitely a large bag… almost like a weekender? I LOVE the functionality of it – and as a mother, I definitely appreciate that more lol

I own the brown coach bag on the middle shelf in the first picture – although mine is the larger version. It definitely works as my multipurpose/diaper bag when I go out with my daughter … and this Fashion Foie Gras bag seems like it would be awesome for that too… :) though definitely heavier!

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 23, 2011 at 16:46 #

It looks more like a chic overnight bag to me. I appreciate the functional details but liked it more when I thought the scale was smaller. I’ve never seen anyone carry a bag that large into a show. It practically needs its own seat!

4. Emi November 24, 2011 at 08:41 #

It’s very big, I understand it would be totally usefull during the fashion weeks, but it seems a suitcase… It’s cute, i love the fact that it has lots of compartments, but it’s huge and only for very tall women like you, FC :-)

5. Scheree Wilkie February 11, 2012 at 10:18 #

Please let me know where I can order this bag Coach Fashion Foie Gras, I really need it badly:) Thanks

• Fashion Critic February 11, 2012 at 11:43 #

Contact Coach, but I think it is now sold out.