23.11.11

Lady Gaga In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Lady Gaga x Terry Richardson’ Book Launch Party

After wearing Chanel and Stephane Rolland the night before, Lady Gaga was out again last night in New York City to celebrate yet another collaboration: the ‘Lady Gaga x Terry Richardson’ book launch party.
This time the singer donned a Dolce & Gabbana dress.

The full-length black lace dress with a plastic flower on the shoulder, which left little to the imagination, was typically Gaga: revealing, shocking and treading a fine line between being sassy and tacky.

You decide.

I think this signature Dolce & Gabbana sexy black lace dress it’s quite tame by her standards. I think she totally pulls it off without looking tacky.

She could have been covered in talcum powder or she could’ve gone commando under her dress, so I admire her restraint.

The singer accessorized with leather opera gloves, shades and the same Norikaka Tatehana platforms with gold studded details she wore the night before.

Red lips and a bouffant with a side-swept ponytail completed her look.

Credit: Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana

Florence Welch In Zuhair Murad - Good Morning America

Florence Welch In Zuhair Murad – Good Morning America

Christopher Kane x J Brand Collection

Christopher Kane x J Brand Collection

16 Responses to Lady Gaga In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Lady Gaga x Terry Richardson’ Book Launch Party

1. GusMex November 23, 2011 at 13:44 #

is a twice to the audrey hepburn look, i just hate the two tone hair, she have enought money for to buy a good wig, IMO

2. rita November 23, 2011 at 14:10 #

IMO as long as she’ll keep those atrocious granny wigs, she’ll always miss the mark. It’s such a pity because she was getting better clothing wise but it’s like she doesn’t want to look 100% ” normal”. I give up …

3. Sara M. November 23, 2011 at 14:29 #

Ugly !!! Her flour-white foundation makes it even worse !! Not to mention the weird sunglasses at night! I keep wondering why she does that.. She can be a pretty classy woman!!!

4. Shaina November 23, 2011 at 15:05 #

I think she looks fabulous, loving the outfit on her!

5. Linda November 23, 2011 at 15:25 #

This is boring and looks tacky. She was doing much better before. This reminds me of Cher in the ’80′s.

• Hermoine November 23, 2011 at 18:45 #

+1 well said

• Marybeth November 23, 2011 at 20:29 #

You said it! Boring and cheap.
      Nothing interesting, much less shocking, about this

At least when Cher was doing this, it was a little more distinctive and amusing.

6. Jones19 November 23, 2011 at 16:30 #

The lack of eyebrows freaks me out a little but this is pretty standard for GaGa. I’m even a little bored.

7. Nat39 November 23, 2011 at 17:17 #

She maybe pulling it off without looking tacky but looking quite ugly instead – the frumpy wig, the non-existent eyebrows, and she could`ve at least worn a nicer pair of low-rise panties.

8. Giuseppi Giraffe November 23, 2011 at 17:34 #

tacky

9. mj November 23, 2011 at 18:49 #

I wish she would get over those gigantic platform shoes. They’re just horrendous. They make everything she wears look stupid. I would’ve loved this look if she put on some shoes that an actual human being might wear.
    I really keep hoping she’ll figure out you can be avant garde and exciting without looking like a joke. But, she still hasn’t gotten it yet.

10. dee November 23, 2011 at 18:53 #

Awful from head to toe.

11. Mahin November 23, 2011 at 19:13 #

I’m loving Gaga’s new looks! It’s the right amount of normal and crazy. I also think her hair colour is really working for her!

12. bewie November 24, 2011 at 03:00 #

People will just hate

I’m not her fan but I think she has the presence to pull this off. It’s not tacky or freak at all on her. Cannot imagine anyone would look better than she does in this

13. Jess2 November 24, 2011 at 05:25 #

Dolce and Gabanna signature lace is to die for so I really love this piece. I don’t mind this look for Gaga, it isn’t great as I feel that there is something a bit off about the under garments but I don’t think this is at tacky yet. What I really don’t like is the hair. The tone difference of the hairpiece is tacky and awful. I know she likes to do wacky hair but this just comes off as careless.

14. Emi November 24, 2011 at 08:38 #

She looks great, but I agree with GusMex, the two tones hair/wig is terrible.