Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Liv Tyler or Kate Winslet

Liv Tyler looked stunning whilst attending the New York screening for ‘The Ledge’ back in June.

She dressed her womanly curves in a two-tone Stella McCartney Octavia dress.

The actress, who’s no stranger to wearing dresses by her designer BFF, accessorized with Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps and a black Stella McCartney clutch.

Beauty-wise, hot red lips and tumbling side-swept curls completed her look.

Kate Winslet wore the same dress on Sunday to the ‘Carnage’ Paris premiere.

This was her second time donning this sporty dress, but in a different colour.

Her hair was styled into a simple updo and she wore black ankle-strap heels to complete her look.

As someone who’s favourite colour is electric blue, I have to go with Liv.

I also prefer her hair and choice of shoes. Kate’s heels, despite being open-toe, feel heavier in comparison.

Click on the image above to see more pictures of Liv and Kate in their Stella MCartney dresses.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Nicki Minaj's Closet - Alexander McQueen Armour Wedge Sandal

In Nicki Minaj’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Armour Wedge Sandal

BPCM Press Preview

BPCM Press Preview

15 Responses to Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Liv Tyler or Kate Winslet

1. Carolina November 22, 2011 at 10:12 #

There’s no comparison, really – Liv’s own coloring, the cobalt blue – and especially her hair – is miles and miles better. This side-by-side just proves what someone said yesterday, which is that the look is too hard-edged for Kate, especially the way it’s styled.

2. Marie November 22, 2011 at 10:20 #

If you like electric blue, you should check out Blake Livel’y’s Elie Saab suit at the Gaga’s workshop launch. Blake’s disappointed many of us for the past few weeks, but last night she finally brought her a game!!

3. Emi November 22, 2011 at 10:27 #

Liv Tyler, very easily, because I prefer the blue of her dress, her accessories and hair and make up.

4. Jones19 November 22, 2011 at 10:46 #

Gotta be Liv. I love electric blue as well and Kate’s look is just uninspiring considering she’s worn this dress before.

5. msd November 22, 2011 at 11:02 #

Kate’s styling is off (wrong hair, wrong shoes) but the necklines are different. I think if she’d worn the tank style like Liv, rather than the halter/racer back style, it would have looked a lot better on her.

• Linda November 22, 2011 at 12:53 #

Yes, absolutely. Seeing these side by side I realized it was the racer neckline that really puts me off Kate’s dress. It sort of makes her chest look saggy.

• Marie November 22, 2011 at 13:20 #

Funny, it’s the very same tank style that made me vote against Liv… Imo this type of neckline make her shoulders and her chest look way too big, almost as wide as swimmer’s!!

• Rebecca Z November 22, 2011 at 14:49 #

I voted for Kate really only because she wore the original neckline/armholes on the dress. The more conventional modifications in Liv’s dress make it much easier to pull off and make the dress much less interesting.

6. Ade November 22, 2011 at 11:22 #

This is one of those cases where you have to pick on the littlest detail because they both looks really good in it. I’ll give it to Liv as well, I much prefer the color and her shoe choice. Kate’s feet looks like they are being held against their will in those shoes

7. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 22, 2011 at 13:21 #

Liv for me. Love the color and the softness of the hair.
    Kate’s cut in upper bodice looks like a Speedo swimsuit to me. Never quite get when designers go there…most women, no matter how thin, do not like what pops out up there. Michael Kors does it all the time and it baffles.

8. Lucinda November 22, 2011 at 15:19 #

Ergh! Where did she get those shoes from – the early 90’s?
    A big fat black ankle strap is so horrendous. A low vamp on a Louboutin will win every time.
    I prefer the more interesting cut away neck line of Kate’s but LIv’s colour and over all presentation win it for me.

9. Hannah November 22, 2011 at 19:37 #

I voted Liv, because as much as I wish her hair had been pulled back, but she has the shiniest hair seemingly ever (go, pantene!) so I can make an exception. Also, it was the only time she had worn the dress to an event, I love the heels with this dress, and the colour of her dress, if not amazing on it’s own, really brings out her gorgeous eyes. Also, I feel like Kate does this all the time, even with the exception of the runway version.

10. Nat39 November 22, 2011 at 22:12 #

It`s not the colour that makes me vote for Liv. Unlike Kate, Liv doesn`t have¸a womanly body, she is quite big, but she looks more feminine/womanly in this dress, esp. with her pretty hair, than Kate with all her curves. Once again, Kate should stay away from this kind of sporty dresses and severe styling as they do not complement her appearance whatsoever but rather “roughen her up” instead.

11. mandy November 23, 2011 at 01:08 #

Oh what about Penelope Cruz in the same velvet dress?

12. Jess2 November 23, 2011 at 13:59 #

I love both colours but I do prefer the blue. I agree with you about the shoes FC, pumps without the ankle strap would have been better. I also like that the top of Liv’s dress is less racing swimsuit