When all isn’t going too well on the red carpet, only one man can save you: Elie Saab.

Blake Lively has been having a very bad run on the red carpet lately, but that changed last night whilst attending the grand opening of the ‘Gaga’s Workshop’ Holiday Windows at Barneys New York.

The actress donned a lapis-blue Elie Saab suit with lace shoulder details from the Spring 2012 collection.

This was one of my favourite looks from the show, so I’m delighted to see it on the red carpet already.

Even though Blake didn’t wear a shirt, this look is sexy without being trashy on this occasion.

As much as I love the look, the Christian Louboutin ‘Metallip’ grey suede toe-cap pumps were a very poor choice.

Strappy sandals would’ve perfected this look. Lord know she has a vast collection of them.

Lorraine Schwartz earrings and a messy updo completed the look.

Is this much improved or more of the same for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

BPCM Press Preview

BPCM Press Preview

Get Up to 70% Off The Perfect Party Look At theOutnet.com

Get Up to 70% Off The Perfect Party Look At theOutnet.com

48 Responses to Blake Lively In Elie Saab – Barneys New York Celebrates ‘Gaga’s Workshop’ Holiday Windows

1. M November 22, 2011 at 10:43 #

This is more like it! Shame about the shoes… We can always count on Saab for elegance and high impact on the red carpet

• Linda November 22, 2011 at 12:46 #

Yes, you’re absolutely right. A huge improvement. Except for the unfortunate shoes.

2. Jones19 November 22, 2011 at 10:45 #

I know she’s gonna get a lot of flack for the boobage but on this occasion I think she’s not overworking them, this is a very sleek suit and Blake wears it well. The shoes are a bit of a letdown I agree.

• Jessica November 22, 2011 at 17:27 #

I agree with what you said! just because she is showing some cleavage doesn’t mean it is trashy. I think she did it with style. Love the colour of the suit as well.

3. Pen Pen November 22, 2011 at 10:49 #

Only if she could go one size up …. the outfit looked like it was about to burst …

• couturecoco November 22, 2011 at 11:21 #

Agree! Prefer the little bit of room to flow on the model.

• Martin November 22, 2011 at 11:57 #

Totally agree. The fit is not generous enough. The model looks incredible in this suit. Blake appears as though she is compensating for the fact that she isn’t showing a lot of flesh (by her standards, that is) by wearing the thing too tight. It cheapens the whole look for me.

• Rebecca Z November 22, 2011 at 14:51 #

+1 We have all seen this part of her anatomy over and over. It is pretty, but c’mon. This would have looks so much better on her if it fit and the jacket was allowed to have some movement.

• dee November 22, 2011 at 13:29 #

I agrer.

4. Emi November 22, 2011 at 11:01 #

The suit itself is very beautiful, I love the lace detail. It’s a pity for her hair. Ok, I’m not a fan of her, but if I look at the close up… she looks much older than her real age.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 22, 2011 at 13:08 #

+1.

• Dani November 22, 2011 at 22:28 #

Second that. Her up-dos need a lot of work. This just looks stringy and blegh.
      Also, unexpectedly, the model’s boobs look better than Blake’s.

5. From Russia With Love November 22, 2011 at 11:12 #

Still don’t like it. She looks like slutty secretary who wants to seduce her boss. Blake can do so much better.

• Lils November 22, 2011 at 11:42 #

I agree about the first part of your comment but not about Blake being able to do so much better. I have never understood the fascination that people have for her. I always find her very slutty, vulgar and her pose is killing me

• rita November 22, 2011 at 14:13 #

Thank you very much! I so agree with you. Whatever she wears she always looks either slutty or trash or slutty lol ! I guess some people know how to do sexy without looking like hookers ( salma hayek) and others don’t. And the fact that her boobs are fake it cheapens her looks even more IMO

• G November 23, 2011 at 00:11 #

I agree with you and Lils. So good to hear I’m not the only one that feels that way about her!

Sofia Vergara is 100x as sexy as Blake, but also 100x as classy. Maybe that difference is an age thing, but out of the Gossip Girls at least I much prefer Leighton.

• dunzoo November 22, 2011 at 12:23 #

the suit is so elegant on the model but is so cheap on blake, she just has no elegance and isn’t sexy, she looks like a hooker in every outfit she wears

6. Ade November 22, 2011 at 11:16 #

I don’t know if it’s the flash or her stance or the fit but she looks short. I’m always off and on with her but I wish she owned the look because she looks defeated. Did she read the comments on her previous post?

7. Arabian Fashionista November 22, 2011 at 11:30 #

The suit is sexy, but still very demure. i don’t know she’s not selling it to me the fit is off and I don’t feel like she has any confidence on this occasion

8. bee7 November 22, 2011 at 11:32 #

the suit itself is so chic! i’d prefer to see it on kate winslet.

9. CTgirl November 22, 2011 at 11:44 #

Almost never a fan of lace inset. Yawn.

10. M November 22, 2011 at 11:48 #

shes looking better here.. but we know she can do better…. i hope she gets bac soon…

11. Jess November 22, 2011 at 12:00 #

tacky. the whole suit with boobs on show look is one I will never understand.

12. karine November 22, 2011 at 12:25 #

I think this is just ok. The hair looks.. tired , and so does she.

13. Parvati November 22, 2011 at 12:44 #

This is a huge improvement! She looks really good! But I agree that she could have worn better shoes.

14. Marie November 22, 2011 at 13:26 #

Huge improvement, but Ii have to agree with the comments on the shoes, the hair and the size. But considering Blake had such a bad red carpet run for the past few weeks, this is definitely better!

15. Camellia November 22, 2011 at 13:53 #

On the model the suit is stunning – sexy without looking cheap. Can’t say the same for Blake’s efforts. The suit looks a size too small and the hair and shoes are a disaster.

16. The.Shoe.Freak November 22, 2011 at 14:08 #

The blazer does not fit her properly. Way too tight at the closure and wider than it should be at the bust area (because of the first part) … I also agree that the over-exposed breast look cheapens the Elie Saab look. I didn’t like that when it came down the runway, nor do i like it here. Although the lace detail is beautiful.

17. Shaina November 22, 2011 at 14:35 #

Much improved. She looks sexy and classy.

18. maria November 22, 2011 at 15:16 #

i love the suit, the colour is stunning.

too much cleavage for my liking. It’s like she hits us over the head with it.

19. anne November 22, 2011 at 15:33 #

The pants are too tight…i love the way they look on the model…other than that she looks depressed…feels like she’s asking us “now do you like it?”. A big part of her good outfits was the attitude. She always knew how to work a dress but on on these last ocasions she’s lost it .

20. sara November 22, 2011 at 16:23 #

with elie saab you can’t never go wrong! gorg!

21. Sabrina November 22, 2011 at 16:55 #

The shoes ruin it.

22. asherlev1 November 22, 2011 at 16:55 #

Lol, better, just because the suit is so amazing, but I think it went wasted on her. It would have looked so much better on, idk, Rosie or Zoe.

23. Nicki November 22, 2011 at 16:58 #

I usually love whatever Blake wears, but to me, she always seems to look a bit sloppy. Maybe it’s the hair, or the fact that she doesn’t have a stylist, but on most occasions it appears to me that she’s trying to look effortless but instead comes across as looking unpolished. The suit itself is gorgeous, but Blake makes it look sloppy, especially with that awful hair and shoes

24. Jacqu November 22, 2011 at 17:09 #

Horrendous fit, and it looks like the tits are out again. She should’ve gone a size up and just had it tailored so she can show her best assets like she wants, the buttons are straining over her rib cage.

25. Giuseppi Giraffe November 22, 2011 at 17:23 #

Way better than what she has been producing. I wish she had something on under the jacket though. Even a low-cut blouse, if she wanted to show a little skin- just not like that.

26. Armaghan November 22, 2011 at 18:50 #

ill-fitting both in the blazer and the pants.TIGHT.
    She manage to make everything so Cheap unfortunately.

27. Hannah November 22, 2011 at 19:34 #

I really am not a huge fan. This suit needed elegance, sophistication, glamour and the eprfect effrotless attitude ot pull it off but Blake, beautiful though she is, doesn’t seem to be currently possessing any of thsoe qualities. I adore the suit, but she makes it look a little cheap to me, it doesn’t seem to fi twella dn looks dated. The hair looks messy and greasy and she is either seriously missing attitude or trying to give a ‘laissez-faire’ air about her look, but it isn’t working for me. She just looks tired.

28. andrea November 22, 2011 at 21:28 #

I’m really suprised that Blake chose such a predictable shoe. The jacket is to-die-for, I would have paired it with a pencil skirt and black pointy pumps.

29. Caitlin November 22, 2011 at 21:29 #

Once again, lazy Blake rips the runway styling.

30. molly November 22, 2011 at 22:16 #

This girl is like the Taylor Swift of slutty outfits. She never changes it up.

31. Carolina November 22, 2011 at 22:18 #

It’s true, the trousers are tight. But she always looks gorgeous. Love it.

32. Zarin November 22, 2011 at 22:25 #

Not a fan of the cleavage but my issue isn’t that, so much as the awful, greasy hair. I can’t even concentrate on anything else!

33. ramsay November 22, 2011 at 22:57 #

It looks a bit tight on her but it’s a huge improvement from that Marchesa dress

34. gurlygurl November 22, 2011 at 23:29 #

I’m loving it!! I agree, strappy sandals would be the go. Stunning color and I love the little lace detail on the shoulder. Adore it on the runway too… too too divine

35. SG November 23, 2011 at 00:21 #

She looks trashy….

36. Camila November 25, 2011 at 22:49 #

This is too tight for her…and the shoes are not helping. It is an improvement for shure, but ….