21.11.11 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 American Music Awards?

Credit: Getty

Rihanna In McQ - X Factor UK Performance

Rihanna In McQ – X Factor UK Performance

In Nicki Minaj's Closet - Alexander McQueen Armour Wedge Sandal

In Nicki Minaj’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Armour Wedge Sandal

28 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 American Music Awards?

1. Kyriaki-Cyprus November 21, 2011 at 20:19 #

I went for Taylor. I liked her hair, make up, accessories and the gown. Effortless while the others were trying too much.

• Hannah November 21, 2011 at 20:48 #

I voted Taylor, too, becuse seh was the only one who didn’t ruin her look. Nicki would easilyhave won had she removed thechocker and ig.

2. oksana November 21, 2011 at 20:22 #

it was so easy for me, i voted for minaj.

3. Jen November 21, 2011 at 20:29 #

Nicki. Her dress is the only one that wows me.

4. Charlotte November 21, 2011 at 20:32 #

Nicki Minaj rocked it! She definitely brought us something different! I really liked Selena until I saw her next to J-lo and she just looked dull in comparison to the Diva!

5. Shawna November 21, 2011 at 20:49 #

Selena has never looked better – I normally go with something a little edgier/fashion forward like Nicki or JLO’s choices, but this look is too classically beautiful to pass up.

6. tyler November 21, 2011 at 20:51 #

eek why even bother?

• Vicky November 22, 2011 at 07:45 #

7. Jones19 November 21, 2011 at 21:06 #

Gotta got with the diva herself J.Lo. Selena Gomez looked better than ever though.

8. Tia November 21, 2011 at 21:56 #

Jennifer Morrison

• Lils November 22, 2011 at 08:25 #

9. CTgirl November 21, 2011 at 22:00 #

Nicki because she really went for it and didn’t hold back.

10. The Dame November 21, 2011 at 22:03 #

I know everyone will go for Jennifer’s but I really love Nicki’s look, its a wow look but still classy.

11. MaryJane November 21, 2011 at 22:17 #

I’ve never thought I’d say something like this one day but I’m actually voting for Nicki Minaj. Even though I agree with Hannah about the choker, her dress is the only one that doesn’t bore me with a big ‘deja-vu’ impression. I also think that Nicki’s green skirt actually flatters her bubble gum locks, plus she has great shoes!

12. Linda November 21, 2011 at 23:07 #

I never thought I’d say it, but JLo gets my vote for this and Taylor second place, two people I never vote for. They both toned it down a little and look nice.

13. Incroyable November 21, 2011 at 23:10 #

It is so sad that these are the only options. Like someone else said, “Why even bother?”

14. Marybeth November 21, 2011 at 23:21 #

Selena Gomez ….. with Taylor Swift and J-Lo getting honorable mention.
    The dress that wows me is Nicki Minaj’s, but I can’t help being put off by the hair. Sorry — please don’t throw tomatoes at me! — but pastel pink does NOT go with the rich, deep green and black. I wish she had worn it with (gasp!) her natural hair color, but failing that, I wish she had opted for a stronger jewel to

• Marybeth November 21, 2011 at 23:22 #

…. a stronger jewel-tone, I mean. Like Rihanna’s fire-engine red maybe.

15. Lulla November 21, 2011 at 23:25 #

This was a hard one because I didn’t really like any of them tbh. I went with Selena in the end.

16. FashionClout November 21, 2011 at 23:28 #

I don’t think the term best dressed can apply to anyone here!! The least offensive being good old Taylor Swift as always..

• bee7 November 22, 2011 at 08:44 #

+1 i voted for selena though. she has never looked better, but i would probably forget this look by the next morning.

17. jennifer November 22, 2011 at 07:34 #

JLo all the way, Selena looks like a high priced escort

18. Lucie Hamelin November 22, 2011 at 14:47 #

Jennifer Morrison!
    She looked perfect!

19. Moxie November 22, 2011 at 16:48 #

I am so over black lace over nude lining (if any lining at all). That and mullet dresses are two trends I hope die in 2012.

Taylor Swift looks nice, but boring and predictable.

Just couldn’t get past Katy and Nicki’s hair.

I was torn between Jennifer Morrison and Selena Gomez, but finally voted for Selena.

20. Fabio November 24, 2011 at 09:38 #

For me Jennifer Morrison, I thought she was as wonderful and fashion forward as Selena and Taylor, but at the same time much more unexpected than they. The dress was simple and new…exquisite!
    I think that people have voted for JLo only because her dress was the most spectacular, but in my opinion she is ALWAYS too much, and this time too she shows it… A gorgeous woman with a breath-taking body like her should wear dresses that are sexy but not over-designed. I think that she seems very tacky in this frock.
    Selena is surprising me over and over! She was perfect at the EMAs, she was perfect at the AMAs… The little girl is becoming a fashionista!!

21. Aly S. December 21, 2011 at 18:40 #

They ALL Look STUNNING. I Can’t Decide Between Nicki And Katy. Very Hard Decission :)

22. selma June 14, 2012 at 19:23 #