Taylor Swift In Reem Acra – 2011 American Music Awards

Taylor Swift took home many gongs at the 2011 American Music Award which were held at the Nokia Theatre LA Live in California last night, but will she take home your prize for Best Dressed?

The Artist of the Year looked gorgeous wearing a Reem Acra Spring 2012 gown.

Yes, the column gown stayed true to Swift’s signature style as it was covered in sequins, but can’t blame a girl for wanting to sparkle on her big night.

The sequins were the only signature, as Taylor opted for super-straight locks which she gathered over one shoulder into a ponytail.

She also opted for a nude lip colour and gorgeous emerald earrings.

Whilst the gown is predictable, the styling isn’t.

Does Taylor get a thumbs up from you for stepping halfway out of the box?

[nggallery id=1033]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

40 thoughts on “Taylor Swift In Reem Acra – 2011 American Music Awards

1. Lena

Snooze. When I see her hair pulled off her forehead and Taylor wearing a non-predictable princess gown, I’ll enjoy her.

2. Felicia

I’m so used to Taylor dressing like this now. So boring, so average. Just once I would love her to blow me away with an amazing look! But I’ve given up hope on that ever happening….

3. DanDan

I think so what she wears this type of dress alot but she always looks amazing. If she tried something different and looked a mess people would only slate her

4. Ian

I actually really like this dress on her, even though it was predictable. It looked stunning on her.

I just kinda wish, as a really big fan of hers, that she’ll wear pants or a jumpsuit on the red carpet for once :)

5. Nat

Sequins once again, but what a beautiful, beautiful dress!
    Not so sure about the hair and those earrings, tho…

6. Emi

I love sequins, but I would never wear sequined dresses all the time. So, beautiful – deja vu – dress, and as I wrote before, she always looks like a wax work. Also, there’s something about her expression which is kinda creepy…

7. oksana

i liked it, not awesome but good. not completely typical of her for me because of the earrings and the hair. hair is beautiful and very unusual of her.

8. Molly

This is stunning. I really love her hair too. This dress looked phenomenal when she walked on stage and im glad that she she finally gave us a happy medium of wearing what she wants with hair that everyone else wants ;)

9. Hannah

I could totally look past tehsequins here, because it isnt so completely similar to allof her other many, many gowns she has worn. Also, the hair, makeup and unexpected green pop of colour via the earrings were SO refreshing.
    Her shoes are jimmy choo “Dart” sandals :)

10. Linda

A HUGE thumbs up, FC. I LOVE the hair and makeup departure, which for me is very, very refreshing and makes me forgive a predictable (although beautiful) gown. The shoes are amazing and I LOVE the earrings too. For once, I’m in love with her look. This is a very good baby step in the right direction to diversify her look.

11. Rebecca Z

It is a gorgeous dress and she looks lovely in it. Like the styling changes. Wish she’d do a better job with mascara.

12. DivaMom

It’s pretty but even better upon close up. That gown and her skin just glows. Although I have to say I’m annoyed with her “who meeeee?…I can’t belieeeeeeve I won yet another trophyyyyyy!!” reactions. Boo and hiss, Taylor. That coy girl routine’s getting old!

13. Shaina

She was one of my best dressed. The styling is exquisite and the hair/makeup is perfection. The gown itself is stunning on her! She looks amazing from head to toe.

14. Ashley

This dress reminds me so much of my senior prom dress. I appreciate the fact that she changed her hair an make up a bit though

15. gurlygurl

I can see the difference in the styling and I’m liking it but I’m not loving the overall look. Beautiful dress, beautiful earrings that work but something about the hair is not quite right but I guess that’s what you get for somplaining she always looks the same…lol. She does look pretty though. I guess her and Selena Gomez were going for the super glam red carpet looks at the AMAS.

16. nimmi

Yes! A definite Thumbs Up! The first thing that came to my mind when i saw this was “Thank you Taylor!” The dress looks amazing..not very fairy tale-y and Kudos on the hair. I’m soo soo glad she did not opt for her curls!