Selena Gomez In Giorgio Armani – 2011 American Music Awards

Selena Gomez was joined on the red carpet at the Nokia Theatre LA Live for the 2011 American Music Award by boyfriend Justin Bieber last night.

She wore a Giorgio Armani plunging satin gown.

Her bias cut pewter satin gown with a low-cut open back and ruched bodice was accented with a long fringed sash-like detail.

I love how her Jimmy Choos, bag and nail polish matched her gown.

To complete the glamorous old Hollywood vibe, Selena styled her locks à la Veronica Lake with her dark, loose curls tucked behind one ear to showcase her dazzling earrings.

I adore this look. She looks grown up without the look aging her, and the colour complements her skin tone perfectly.

You can buy Selena’s Jimmy Choo ‘Vamp’ glitter sandals from Net-A-Porter US.

Credit: Getty

32 thoughts on “Selena Gomez In Giorgio Armani – 2011 American Music Awards

1. Morgan

Yes she does look beautiful! However, she seems to have gotten her awards shows mixed up and believes the Oscars came early. She just always looks as if she is playing dress up to me unfortunately.

2. Felicia

I disagree, she looks like she’s trying to hard! Sure the colour compliments her skin tone but the dress itself is not for her…. I would like for her to actually define her style, these days she’s all over the place!

1. Emi

I agree with you, she’s so young, why a dress like this’ I also think that the fit on the bust is bad, it seems asymmetrical.

2. Nat39

While the look itself is very well done, and it doesn`t age her but it does look out of place as it`s way too sexy for her.

3. robbie

hair perfect, shoes perfect, bag perfect, jewellery perfect, dress uggh. such an ugly dress on such a pretty girl.

4. Mary Gatto

I loved the dress and the hair is PERFECT… on someone else. Someone older. I’m sorry you guys, she’s to young for this dress. It’s very va va voom indeed, way to sexy for someone dating Justin Bieber. I’m very old fashioned about this things. It always worries my when I see a teenager dressing up as a mature woman, who’s very keen on her sexuality. Don’t hate me for it, please…

5. Jen

I love this dress, but it’s overwhelming her. It’s actually kind of creepy – the dress is so sexy it kinda makes her look even younger, despite the hair and makeup.

6. Rebecca Z

I agree that it is too bare for someone her age, but I do think it looks pretty on her. It is just too bad that we hurry these young women up so much.

7. mari

Not bad, and the make up is nice, but when I saw pics of her with that boyfriend of hers, it sure spoils her elegant looks. He looked terrible, specially his shoes and the neck part of his outfit. Tnx for not featuring him.

8. molly

When your boyfriend is Justin Bieber, you are too young for this dress. This would have been better for a magazine shoot, but not the red carpet.

9. Lisa

LOL, Selena is 19, she’s not 15. I think someone with a bit more chest would have easily made this look cheap. It’s an old Hollywood look thats between the glamourous and sexy.

Its also about time the girl went for something more high fashion! The only thing is that she’s at the AMAs not the Oscars or the Emmys.

10. gurlygurl

The look as a whole is incredible. Perhaps too incredible for the AMAS but I can’t fault it. This dress could easily be worn by a much older woman but Selena pulls it off without looking like lamb dressed up as mutton. It’s not oversexed it’s just elegant. I think some of the veterans could take a lesson from this young thing. Divine!

11. Francesca

She really looks sensational here! I don’t think she was overdressed, it’s a gown like any other, very glamorous!