Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 UNESCO Charity Gala

Naomi Campbell attended the 2011 UNESCO Charity Gala which was held at the Maritime Hotel in Düsseldorf, Germany, on Saturday evening.

The supermodel wore a Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012 black lace gown and embellished blazer.

Like Kristen Stewart, Naomi chose to line the gown so it’s not as sheer as seen on the runway. She also opted to ditch the harness bra worn by the model.

The gown is more fitted and body-conscious on Naomi, therefore losing its mysterious and romantic feel.

The jacket is a smart touch to keep this well-fitting gown from becoming too simple.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Christian Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

Christian Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

Jennifer Lopez In Emilio Pucci - 2011 American Music Awards Post-Party

Jennifer Lopez In Emilio Pucci – 2011 American Music Awards Post-Party

11 Responses to Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 UNESCO Charity Gala

1. Jones19 November 21, 2011 at 16:00 #

I don’t like the modifications, the dress becomes just another black dress when it’s lined like that. I don’t understand why she would line it in the first place, this is Naomi Campbell, she has a gorgeous body and it’s not like the dress is super sheer.

• maria November 21, 2011 at 17:08 #

i totally agree. of all the people, Naomi could have gone without the lining.

I also miss the belt.

The entire look becomes just ordinary with the modifications. Not bad, but ordinary.

• gurlygurl November 21, 2011 at 23:28 #

So true!! I do love the runway verison with the accessories… its rock and roll all grown up and sexy but I couldn’t see that on Naomi. I would have loved to have seen the sheerness on the dress though because her body is like it’s carved out of marble… STUNNING!! Having said that she is always striking to me. The look overall is simple and elegant. I guess when you get to do all that crazy get ups on the runway maybe this is a nice change. I also love the sequin jacket!

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 21, 2011 at 16:01 #

Naomi is insanely beautiful. Despite the body in it, it looks a bit ordinary, lined and shaped. Much prefer the runway look.

3. Felicia November 21, 2011 at 16:05 #

There’s something stopping me from liking this, I just can’t put my finger on it!

• Mary Gatto November 21, 2011 at 17:12 #

Me too! I never thought I’d say this, but it’s not a very good look on Naomi. She’s got a PERFECT body, but it didn’t suit properly. Maybe this kind of dress looks better on gals more like the mignon type?

• Jess2 November 23, 2011 at 14:47 #

I feel the same

4. AW November 21, 2011 at 16:08 #

Without the jacket meh, with the jacket still meh but only a short subtle meh.

Idk about Cavalli, sometimes his taste level is questionable and his aesthetic reads a little cheap to me.

• dee November 21, 2011 at 17:22 #

5. Shaina November 21, 2011 at 16:39 #

The jacket really makes this look, without it, I hate it.

6. Nat39 November 21, 2011 at 17:35 #

Unlike in Kristen Stewart`s case where she could`ve gone sexy all the way without the black lining (if only she was capable to pull it off), I think that in Naomi`s case it was a smart decision to line it considering the event.