21.11.11

Katy Perry In Vivienne Westwood – 2011 American Music Awards

As always, Katy Perry brightened up the red carpet at the 2011 American Music Awards which were held at the Nokia Theatre LA Live in California last night.

The ‘Firework’ singer wore a Vivienne Westwood white Chinese sequin draped dress.

Her trademark Westwood bustier has a side split which showcased electric-blue snakeskin Jimmy Choo ‘Vibe’ peep-toes.

The girl who loves to have fun on the red carpet completed her look with a bold red lip colour, winged eyeliner and a sleek updo.

This updo was adorned with a multicoloured geometrical headpiece.

The dress is gorgeous, but the styling perfects the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Jennifer Morrison In Temperley London - 2011 American Music Awards

Jennifer Morrison In Temperley London – 2011 American Music Awards

32 Responses to Katy Perry In Vivienne Westwood – 2011 American Music Awards

1. Jones19 November 21, 2011 at 10:00 #

I adore Mrs. Brand, she never fails to bring fun to the red carpet without looking ridiculous (I’m looking at you Nicki Minaj and Lady GaGa).

• Linda November 21, 2011 at 14:02 #

Yes, that’s well said. I always enjoy seeing her. However, I feel like I’ve seen something very close to this look on her before.

• Rebecca Z November 21, 2011 at 15:40 #

Well…ridiculous in a good way :> She looks really cute. i am ready to move on from the pink hair–I wish she was ready too.

• Akio November 23, 2011 at 18:59 #

She looks ridiculous. Is she trying to hide away ? Shoes are wonderful. She could have used something suitable for those.

2. Felicia November 21, 2011 at 10:49 #

I love it, she looks fun and quirky without looking like she doesn’t own a mirror or can’t afford a stylist!…. But I still haven’t been won over by the pink hair

3. Paddy M November 21, 2011 at 10:57 #

This is one of the best looks I’ve ever seen on Katy Perry, and I love her style. Has she ever worn Vivienne Westwood before? It’s a good partnership, I think. This is totally BDOTW!

4. Isa November 21, 2011 at 11:06 #

Totally in love with this headpiece!!! I want it!

5. Nat November 21, 2011 at 11:26 #

Of course this is not a look that common people, or even your “average” celebrity could and should wear, but it’s perfect for a pop singer, with a fun, outgoing and quirky personality as Katy!
    Great ensemble!

6. roxana November 21, 2011 at 12:34 #

gorgeus!

7. Mol November 21, 2011 at 12:48 #

She looks fab, love every detail, especially the headpiece; she gave an amazing performance too, girl can really sing….

8. Emi November 21, 2011 at 13:10 #

The close up is a bit strange, with one of her eyes more open than the other. Said that, she looks great, I love that colorful headpiece. think that the color of the dress washes her out a bit. But she’s never boring on the red carpet, she’s always feminine so I like it.

• dee November 21, 2011 at 14:25 #

I agree.

• Simile November 22, 2011 at 06:28 #

She looks wonderful! the head piece is Simile.

9. Hannah November 21, 2011 at 14:02 #

I have such disdain fortheshoes. they through off a beautifully delicate, feminine look, it reminds me of Katie Holmes at the 2008 met gala. The rest of thelook, which also reminds me of the fall 2011 armani privé collection, is stunning.

10. Jane Chen November 21, 2011 at 14:36 #

cant stop laughing when i saw the chinese character,u know ,as a Chinese.

• cartouche November 21, 2011 at 15:28 #

what does it mean?

• Umi November 21, 2011 at 17:32 #

Yes, I agree! When I see this dress, the first thing that catches my attention are those characters. They mean “green economy” or something and are totally distracting. They are just too big and shouldnt be placed right in the the middle of the dress, they ruin the entire look.

11. Fiona November 21, 2011 at 14:43 #

I can’t believe you like this FC, I felt the dress was shapeless, and felt she tried too hard to stand out on the red carpet. The bright red lips, heavy eyeliner and lashes, pink hair, weird headpiece and electric blue heels just seem to be a bit OTT.

12. Jerusa November 21, 2011 at 14:57 #

Best dress!!! She looks great and she knows it! LOVED the make up.

13. maria November 21, 2011 at 14:58 #

i love the dress and the styling, the headpiece is stunning, but boy do i hate the pink hair, especially now that you can see the roots. For me it’s not funky at all, it looks like an old lady when they dye their hair and it goes off a bit.

14. Shaina November 21, 2011 at 16:51 #

I love that headpiece! I don’t really like the dress but the stying is great. Also hating the pink hair, no one can pull off pink hair except Nicki Minaj, in my opinion.

15. justme November 21, 2011 at 17:17 #

Is there a reason her pink hair always look so washed out? You just can’t half assed such a colour. She needs to either emulate P!nk’s hair when she first started out or get a wig. This isn’t working.
    Her makeup is also getting heavier and heavier. Those lashes are weighing her eyes down :(

16. TeaAtTwo November 21, 2011 at 17:40 #

I really like her hair with the headpiece and gorgeous shoes.

17. Amanda November 21, 2011 at 19:42 #

I always love my Katy and I agree that she should wear a lot more VW!

18. Sharon November 21, 2011 at 20:53 #

Once again Katy has given me a much-needed Monday morning smile. She really is a beautiful girl and has so much fun with fashion.

19. mj November 21, 2011 at 22:22 #

I would have loved this look, if not for the hair. She really should have either touched up her roots or worn her hair down. It could so cute if she just got her root situation in order. I’m sure she pays a fortune to get her hair done too, but the colour still looks a mess most of the time.

• Parvati November 22, 2011 at 12:58 #

You’re right, I have noticed that the roots have always looked weird since she had her hair dyed pink and I wonder if this is due to the unusual colour. But sure, it doesn’t look good.

• mj November 22, 2011 at 16:50 #

It’s because she would have to bleach her dark roots as her hair grows out and dye them pink. It’s VERY high maintenance. But, I think if you’re going to go for a look like that you should commit, you know?

• Parvati November 22, 2011 at 17:38 #

I agree. Especially since she had to attend such a big music event, she could have taken better care of the roots.

20. Parvati November 22, 2011 at 12:56 #

She looks pretty, but I’m not that excited about the look. However, I really love the headpiece she is wearing! It goes very well with the colours of her outfit – and her hair!