Katy Perry In Vivienne Westwood – 2011 American Music Awards

As always, Katy Perry brightened up the red carpet at the 2011 American Music Awards which were held at the Nokia Theatre LA Live in California last night.

The ‘Firework’ singer wore a Vivienne Westwood white Chinese sequin draped dress.

Her trademark Westwood bustier has a side split which showcased electric-blue snakeskin Jimmy Choo ‘Vibe’ peep-toes.

The girl who loves to have fun on the red carpet completed her look with a bold red lip colour, winged eyeliner and a sleek updo.

This updo was adorned with a multicoloured geometrical headpiece.

The dress is gorgeous, but the styling perfects the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

32 thoughts on “Katy Perry In Vivienne Westwood – 2011 American Music Awards

1. Jones19

I adore Mrs. Brand, she never fails to bring fun to the red carpet without looking ridiculous (I’m looking at you Nicki Minaj and Lady GaGa).

1. Linda

Yes, that’s well said. I always enjoy seeing her. However, I feel like I’ve seen something very close to this look on her before.

2. Rebecca Z

Well…ridiculous in a good way :> She looks really cute. i am ready to move on from the pink hair–I wish she was ready too.

3. Akio

She looks ridiculous. Is she trying to hide away ? Shoes are wonderful. She could have used something suitable for those.

2. Felicia

I love it, she looks fun and quirky without looking like she doesn’t own a mirror or can’t afford a stylist!…. But I still haven’t been won over by the pink hair

3. Paddy M

This is one of the best looks I’ve ever seen on Katy Perry, and I love her style. Has she ever worn Vivienne Westwood before? It’s a good partnership, I think. This is totally BDOTW!

4. Nat

Of course this is not a look that common people, or even your “average” celebrity could and should wear, but it’s perfect for a pop singer, with a fun, outgoing and quirky personality as Katy!
    Great ensemble!

5. Mol

She looks fab, love every detail, especially the headpiece; she gave an amazing performance too, girl can really sing….

6. Emi

The close up is a bit strange, with one of her eyes more open than the other. Said that, she looks great, I love that colorful headpiece. think that the color of the dress washes her out a bit. But she’s never boring on the red carpet, she’s always feminine so I like it.

7. Hannah

I have such disdain fortheshoes. they through off a beautifully delicate, feminine look, it reminds me of Katie Holmes at the 2008 met gala. The rest of thelook, which also reminds me of the fall 2011 armani privé collection, is stunning.

1. Umi

Yes, I agree! When I see this dress, the first thing that catches my attention are those characters. They mean “green economy” or something and are totally distracting. They are just too big and shouldnt be placed right in the the middle of the dress, they ruin the entire look.

8. Fiona

I can’t believe you like this FC, I felt the dress was shapeless, and felt she tried too hard to stand out on the red carpet. The bright red lips, heavy eyeliner and lashes, pink hair, weird headpiece and electric blue heels just seem to be a bit OTT.

9. maria

i love the dress and the styling, the headpiece is stunning, but boy do i hate the pink hair, especially now that you can see the roots. For me it’s not funky at all, it looks like an old lady when they dye their hair and it goes off a bit.

10. Shaina

I love that headpiece! I don’t really like the dress but the stying is great. Also hating the pink hair, no one can pull off pink hair except Nicki Minaj, in my opinion.

11. justme

Is there a reason her pink hair always look so washed out? You just can’t half assed such a colour. She needs to either emulate P!nk’s hair when she first started out or get a wig. This isn’t working.
    Her makeup is also getting heavier and heavier. Those lashes are weighing her eyes down :(

12. Sharon

Once again Katy has given me a much-needed Monday morning smile. She really is a beautiful girl and has so much fun with fashion.

13. mj

I would have loved this look, if not for the hair. She really should have either touched up her roots or worn her hair down. It could so cute if she just got her root situation in order. I’m sure she pays a fortune to get her hair done too, but the colour still looks a mess most of the time.

1. Parvati

You’re right, I have noticed that the roots have always looked weird since she had her hair dyed pink and I wonder if this is due to the unusual colour. But sure, it doesn’t look good.

1. mj

It’s because she would have to bleach her dark roots as her hair grows out and dye them pink. It’s VERY high maintenance. But, I think if you’re going to go for a look like that you should commit, you know?

1. Parvati

I agree. Especially since she had to attend such a big music event, she could have taken better care of the roots.

14. Parvati

She looks pretty, but I’m not that excited about the look. However, I really love the headpiece she is wearing! It goes very well with the colours of her outfit – and her hair!