Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2011 American Music Awards

Jennifer Lopez took to the red carpet at the 2011 American Music Awards which were held at the Nokia Theatre LA Live in California last night.

The singer accepted the award for ‘Best Latin Music Artist’ wearing a stunning Zuhair Murad Couture Fall 2011 gown.

Her one-sleeve, high-neck gown featured an intricate black floral pattern of beaded embroidery woven over sheer silk.

JLo opted for black Jimmy Choo ‘Eros’ pumps when the runway heels are much more appealing.

A high bun and nude lips completed her look.

Credit: ZuhairMurad.com & Getty

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Mary J Blige In Roberto Cavalli - 2011 American Music Awards

Mary J Blige In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 American Music Awards

29 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2011 American Music Awards

1. Elaine2 November 21, 2011 at 10:52 #

Really a cool dress, love it. Totally agree that the runway shoes are better with it.

2. L'wren November 21, 2011 at 11:02 #

Quite diva!I think the gown seems a little long for her.

3. Naama November 21, 2011 at 11:08 #

Wow! Great look for her.

4. Felicia November 21, 2011 at 11:17 #

Fashion Gods, take the wheel!!!!!!!! Love this dress! It’s amazing! ….. JLo’s look needed the runway shoes, I agree, but overall it is amazing! She should give her stylist a raise after this!

5. Mary Gatto November 21, 2011 at 11:18 #

I don’t understand what’s going on around the chest area… Her ta tas look flat. The gown it divine, tho…

• dunzoo November 21, 2011 at 12:15 #

+1 they look flat and saggy

• Fiona November 21, 2011 at 13:01 #

I agree – I was adoring the dress until this photo and I realised that there was no corsetry underneath, just her. I know she looks amazing etc, but this flattens her chest and it doesn’t look pretty, especially as the pattern is lower on one side than the other so it makes her look lop-sided too.

• maria November 21, 2011 at 15:06 #

i totally agree. the pattern with the wider spaced lace on the hip looks weird in a lot of pictures. I would have preferred to have the skirt in just one lace pattern. I believe it would have been more flattering.

Having said that, it’s still a very stunning look. Nobody does drama/diva like Jennifer.

• Rebecca Z November 21, 2011 at 15:45 #

I agree with both the negative and positive comments. Plus, she is the only one who can wear this tight high bun in my opinion. She has a strong enough face to carry it off–makes her look regal while most other women just look like pinheads.

6. Iris November 21, 2011 at 11:53 #

look at her TURN IT ON!

7. Palm Lopez November 21, 2011 at 12:57 #

Best Dressed So Far <3

8. Emi November 21, 2011 at 13:23 #

The dress is gorgeous, sexy and classy. I love it with black pumps, I prefer them to the runway shoes. I love hair and make up. Maybe it’s because she’s more understated here (no pout, no leg exposed, no “Look at me, i’m still hot” expression) but I really like her here. It’s only monday but I’d consider it for the BDOTW.

• Linda November 21, 2011 at 13:47 #

I have to agree. When she dresses for her age and tones down the hair and makeup and pout and sexy desperateness, she can really knock it out of the park. I’m pleasantly surprised and maybe would consider this for BDOTW too.

9. Hannah November 21, 2011 at 13:56 #

She and the gown are divine individually, but I do not think that she is tall eoughto pull it off. Italso reminds me a lot of rihanna at the met gala in stella McCartney.

10. karine November 21, 2011 at 14:05 #

Oulalaa i love love this dress.. Now that is how i like sexy Jlo

11. dee November 21, 2011 at 14:30 #

I think she looks tacky. I hate how the dress looks in the chest area. It flattens her breasts. Plus this looks like what Rihanna wore to the Met Gala.

• bee7 November 21, 2011 at 16:30 #

I agree that she looks tacky

12. evelyn November 21, 2011 at 14:31 #

JLO STOLE THE SHOW WITH HER PERFORMANCE AND DRESSES…CASE CLOSED

13. fromchi-town November 21, 2011 at 14:53 #

Holy smokes – she looks hot. Thank god she underplayed her diva attitude and pose as the dress itself is soo sexy.

14. Jerusa November 21, 2011 at 14:54 #

She looks great! But with the runway shoes it would had been just WOW!! Second best dress for me at this event. Katy Perry gets the Best Dress IMO!

15. Michelle November 21, 2011 at 15:49 #

She is the one star I always count on at these red carpet events; she always wears the right dress, hair, jewelry.. she is a fashion icon. This dress is no exception its gorgeous, she looks flawless, best dressed of the night hands down!

16. Shaina November 21, 2011 at 16:36 #

She looks fantastic!

17. mari November 21, 2011 at 16:36 #

Best dressed, the dress is probably quite heavy, but I don’t think it looks bad at all, even in the chest. It is not as saggy as others who usually don not wear a bra, like maggie gyllenhaal.

18. Giuseppi Giraffe November 21, 2011 at 17:26 #

needs an underlay- the nude lining makes the look skanky, imo

19. TeaAtTwo November 21, 2011 at 17:37 #

I’m not crazy about the dress- it also reminds me of her Versace dress the other week. But her silhouette looks amazing

20. molly November 21, 2011 at 22:19 #

I dont like this at all! She makes it look so tacky and cheap. She could also use an underlay.

21. Natalie November 22, 2011 at 00:27 #

I’m not sure how I feel about it, it reminds me of Rihanna’s Stella McCartney gown she wore to the MET gala earlier this year.

22. claire amer December 8, 2011 at 21:42 #

Proud to be lebanese! We love u zuhair murad! Stunning dress..and jlo,u rock!