Jennifer Lopez In Giambattista Valli – 2011 American Music Awards

Jennifer Lopez also performed at the 2011 American Music Award in California last night.

You can always count on Jennifer to bring drama to any event so I wasn’t surprised to see her take to the stage wearing a dramatic look from the Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture collection.

Her strapless leopard ombre gown was teamed with a matching cape, but she opted not to wear the gold leaf belt.

J-Lo would’ve gotten a nod from Sarah Jessica Parker for showcasing the full potential of this gown before she whipped it off and revealed a sparkling nude body suit.

Very Britney Spears at the 2000 MTV Music Video Awards, don’t you think?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli - 2011 UNESCO Charity Gala

Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 UNESCO Charity Gala

35 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Giambattista Valli – 2011 American Music Awards

1. robbie November 21, 2011 at 12:22 #

was looking so good and rather classy until she took it off to show that rather ugly bodysuit.

• Nat November 21, 2011 at 12:28 #

Totally agree.
      How on earth can you wear such a gown just to take it off and reveal A NUDE BODYSUIT with sparkles?

Also, this number could have worked for a 20 years old Britney Spears, but for JLo? Meh.

• Emi November 21, 2011 at 13:23 #

I agree… when I saw her in G. Valli I thought “Wow, what a change” and then I saw that terrible bodysuit, which was tacky on B. Spears… When I talk with some of my friends we always say that we hope not to become 40 years old women who try to hard to look 20, because it’s ridiculous, even for a performer. I think that only Cher could do everything, because he’s Cher!

• Valeria November 21, 2011 at 16:27 #

I agree, how incredibly tacky she can sometimes be

• gurlygurl November 21, 2011 at 23:30 #

LOL… true… I really don’t like the bodysuit..YIKES. I do love the dress and cape though. So dramatic and elegant.

2. bee7 November 21, 2011 at 12:37 #

the bodysuit is horrendous

3. Mahima November 21, 2011 at 12:43 #

She actually wore a sparkly dress then the body suit.

• Fashion Critic November 21, 2011 at 13:03 #

She show is not shown live in the UK so I was relying on the pictures alone

4. Felicia November 21, 2011 at 12:44 #

The gown is gorgeous!!! But as amazing as her body is, it’s time she let’s go of the body suits. It’s freaking ridiculous!!

5. Jen November 21, 2011 at 12:52 #

The gown is ugly and the bodysuit makes her look desperate.

6. Zee November 21, 2011 at 12:52 #

eww for the bodysuit. what was she thinking? it just hurts to look at that photo.

7. Jess November 21, 2011 at 12:55 #

I need to see a video of this…..how the hell did she ‘whip’ off a couture dress whilst on stage in the middle of a performance? It’s not as if its going to have velcro seams?!

• Jess November 21, 2011 at 12:59 #

ok I have now seen a video, it was literally pulled off of her…obviously a modified gown then!

8. Linda November 21, 2011 at 13:28 #

A perfect example of how dated Jennifer Lopez is. Very Britney Spears in her heyday, as FC pointed out. I lost interest in JLo about ten years ago because she was once somewhat fresh and interesting, but this is a perfect example of how desperate she comes across to live in the past. She’s like one of those women who had the best time of their life in the 80′s and so they still dress that way even 30 years later and it just doesn’t fit the times.

9. Carol November 21, 2011 at 13:46 #

I’ve been over JLo for quite a while now. Turned off the TV when I saw her in yet another leopard dress, so I’m very glad I didn’t have to see the body suit in action. She needs to accept that we don’t need her front and center all the time. It’s OK for her to mature now, both as an artist and as a person.

10. Elle Enchanted November 21, 2011 at 13:49 #

JLo needs to start acting her age, leave this nude bodysuit look to the Selena’s and Miley Cyrus’s of the world (she’s old enough to be their mother) She overdoes it with the in-yer-face sexiness.

11. Jones19 November 21, 2011 at 14:23 #

No no no that bodysuit is hideous. She got a pass on the spiderweb suit in her On The Floor video because it wasn’t so nude but this is ugh…gross. Love the Valli dress on her though.

12. Giada November 21, 2011 at 14:30 #

It reminds me of the atrocious thing she wore 2 years ago… http://www.dlisted.com/node/35454

Still, Jennifer Lopez has an iconic red carpet style; I do not always like it but she knows how to bring va va voom to the red carpet.

I agree with Linda though, she’s stuck in her style; it’s all very nineties.

I think she needs a stylist who can show her how to look glamorous without looking tacky and dated. Someone who can give her a modern and edgy look without looking like a charicature.

13. dee November 21, 2011 at 14:38 #

Never been a fan of Jlo. She has always looks tacky. The gown and the bodysuit are bad.

14. Molly November 21, 2011 at 14:58 #

As desperate as the bodysuit looks in the picture above, I do not think you can give its awfulness its full due unless you have seen the video footage.

15. Jessica November 21, 2011 at 15:09 #

the dress is gorgeous! but she really lost points with me when she endorsed the fiat (car) on stage with her! Like c’mon!! There is product placement and then there’s this…

• Fashion Critic November 21, 2011 at 15:47 #

The worst product placement was Gilt Group on Gossip Girl. So grotesque

16. Rebecca Z November 21, 2011 at 15:48 #

Really bad –what a contrast to the black lace dress.

17. TeaAtTwo November 21, 2011 at 17:32 #

If you’re going to tear the dress off then don’t bother wearing couture. Show it the respect it deserves.

• Jenna November 21, 2011 at 19:47 #

Totally agree.

• oksana November 21, 2011 at 20:36 #

exactly

18. Jacqu November 21, 2011 at 18:47 #

Britney did it better

19. Kyriaki-Cyprus November 21, 2011 at 19:56 #

The first look I had of this look was a quick one from my mobile phone and I didn’t realise she took the gown to reveal the bodysuit. I’m so disappointed right now…

20. Mary November 22, 2011 at 21:53 #

She is just amazing… she is JLo… she makes shows. not like dumb T.S. or B.S …. look at her in Zuhair Murad!… stage needs shows…. Red carpet is a different thing… I do not want to see singers on the stage in the same way as they are in red carpet.

21. abyook2 November 22, 2011 at 23:04 #

nunca j-lo es j-lo y britney esnsena todo su cuerpo j-lo no

22. laura D November 23, 2011 at 08:12 #

She has a fantastic body, but it’s not the right body for a bodysuit and nothing else. She just looks silly… too bad since she dresses up so beautifully

23. Adriana November 24, 2011 at 21:04 #

She always wears the best dresses.

24. Mia November 29, 2011 at 01:02 #

godda love the leopard print one so catestrofic!!!!