Chloe Moretz In Stella McCartney – ‘Gossip Girl’ Celebrates 100 Episodes

Chloe Moretz joined the cast of ‘Gossip Girl’ at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City last night to help celebrate their 100th episode.

The teen star, who’s yet to spend a single night at home this week, wore a Stella McCartney Spring 2012 dress.

This dress is not that great to begin with. It really needed someone with more presence to pull it off and prevent it looking like a pinafore or a reject from Project Runway.

Terrible styling doesn’t help this look either.

Her tights have a pass, but I’m not fond of the black patent pumps with a nude ankle strap or the out of place Stella McCartney orange studded clutch.

What should’ve been a young, fun look is just overcooked and unappealing.

You can buy Chloe’s Stella McCartney faux patent-leather pumps from
Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Emma Stone In Chanel Couture

Best Dressed Of The Week – Emma Stone In Chanel Couture

In Zooey Deschanel's Closet - Miu Miu Glitter-Finish Leather Pumps

In Zooey Deschanel’s Closet – Miu Miu Glitter-Finish Leather Pumps

42 Responses to Chloe Moretz In Stella McCartney – ‘Gossip Girl’ Celebrates 100 Episodes

1. robbie November 20, 2011 at 11:07 #

on the model it looks gorgeous, but it just looks messy oh chloe.

2. Martin November 20, 2011 at 11:30 #

” … who’s yet to spend a single night at home this week”? Ha! Too funny. As for this look, the dress as presented on the runway has this beautiful ease, like the model just slipped on her favourite t-shirt, which I find so appealing. There is none of that effortlessness in the way in which Chloe is wearing this. It is horrible. Nothing here makes sense to me. Not the tights, not the shoes, not the bag, nothing.

3. Natalie November 20, 2011 at 11:32 #

really? i think this looks simple and adorable.

4. Jones19 November 20, 2011 at 12:04 #

This has got to be Stella McCartney’s ugliest creation yet.

• TeaAtTwo November 20, 2011 at 13:17 #

Most of the collection was just plain ugly.

5. bm November 20, 2011 at 12:04 #

i guess she is a homeschool .
    or maybe her school is off this week?

6. James November 20, 2011 at 12:26 #

I guess You go on promotions every night and your bound to run out of looks! And by the way, that’s a bit pretentious of you; She is nothing like Drew in her approach to her career (read: professional, grounded and tee total)
    For what its worth, I believe the dress and the styling is perfect . . . . . Appart from the red clutch ;-)

• Linda November 20, 2011 at 14:27 #

Drew who?

• Maddie November 20, 2011 at 17:20 #

Barrymore, I presume

7. Emi November 20, 2011 at 12:42 #

Terrible. I usually love Stella McCartney so I think this is not one of her best dress; it’s very difficult to pull off, anyway. The shoes and the bag are a terrible choice which contribute to make the outfit a big miss, for me. I would see L. Meester or K. Bosworth wearing this dress but with the right accessories.

8. Elaine November 20, 2011 at 12:59 #

FC just to let you know, your website on the iPhone doesn’t allow us to zoom in, images go blurry when zooming. I tried it on a couple of iPhones cos first of all thought it was my iPhone that was at fault.. seems to be a relatively recent thing.
    Hope your enjoying the wkend x

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2011 at 13:03 #

Sorry, but I don’t know how I would go about rectifying that

• karine November 20, 2011 at 13:37 #

works fine on my iphone

9. allie November 20, 2011 at 13:35 #

Horrible

10. Debbie November 20, 2011 at 13:43 #

Wow I couldn’t agree less! I think she looks so good.
    In fact I think without tights the dress might have been a little too short for her. I also love the orange clutch…I think the whole look is really great and she totally pulled it off yet again!

11. Lana November 20, 2011 at 13:51 #

I think she looks great

12. Emmeline November 20, 2011 at 13:56 #

At least she’s not pouting?

And yeah… that’s about all I’ve got.

13. CTgirl November 20, 2011 at 13:59 #

I think a friend of mine made this in Home Economics class in the 5th grade. Atrocious.

14. Linda November 20, 2011 at 14:27 #

I think Leighton Meester could have rocked this dress.

15. Jess2 November 20, 2011 at 14:47 #

This is awful. I’m not a huge fan of this seasons collection from Stella McCartney but so far none of the looks are transferring well off the runway. Chloe’s styling here makes the look even worse. If she wanted to cover her legs she should have worn tights not leggings that cut off at the ankle, matching those with the ankle boots is just really bad.

• Lana November 20, 2011 at 16:10 #

she is not wearing leggings..she is obviously wearing tights!

• Jess2 November 22, 2011 at 13:43 #

don’t they cut off at the ankle? cut off at the ankle are leggings, covering both the legs and feet are tights. Well that is how it is where I come from

16. jen November 20, 2011 at 15:08 #

i wish thsi chick would just go away, i m so sick of her walking every red carpet out there. whats up with that? what does she have to do with the gossip girl anyway? she rarely looks good to me, she is always going for this kinda sultry pouty facial expression & i m sick of it.

17. Thirteen November 20, 2011 at 15:16 #

Age appropriate at least…

18. Alina November 20, 2011 at 15:36 #

The choice of the dress isn’t that bad but the styling…

19. FashionClout November 20, 2011 at 16:57 #

Love it – “reject from project runway” – what a fitting description! Poor girl is just out of her league

20. Maddie November 20, 2011 at 17:21 #

At least she’s ditched the extensions

21. Anna November 20, 2011 at 19:05 #

kids, kids, kids

22. Liz November 20, 2011 at 20:44 #

This outfit is such a mess on her. I think she’s not dressing for her body type. Everything she’s worn lately has made her look so short and boxy.

• Terry November 20, 2011 at 23:06 #

Totally agree.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is she famous? I see her on every red carpet but I don’t know why!

23. Dianna November 20, 2011 at 21:17 #

The model looks like a skeleton. Most of them do I guess. Chloe looks like she’s growing to have a proper woman’s body and she looks absolutely adorable ion that dress.

24. gurlygurl November 20, 2011 at 22:49 #

Chloe is adorable but that dress is ugly ( Sorry Stella but that just is not cute!) The tights with the ankle strap is ridiculous. This dress would barely have passed as a piece of clothing had she kept it simple, gone bare legged with a strappy platform.

• Lana November 21, 2011 at 09:44 #

Haha I am sorry to comment on this again but I really can’t see where all of you are coming from….she looks absolutely adorable and age appropriate. I love her so that’s why i probably know more than you but as far as I know she is promoting a new movie hence why she is on a lot of carpets.
      Hold your hoses guys ….stop being jealous and give her a break…she looks great

Xn

• Fashion Critic November 21, 2011 at 10:00 #

I was respecting your opposite view until you started accusing gurlygurl and the rest of us who dislike this look as being jealous.

We simply don’t like the look. Jealousy has nothing to do with it.

I think you need to get a grip and put things into perspective.

Honestly. I’m so over the drama that comes from posting about this child.

• gurlygurl November 21, 2011 at 23:08 #

Thanks FC. It certainly isn’t jealousy. I think Chloe is beautiful… I just don’t like the dress… I blame Stella… lol. I understand that you’re a fan of Chloes Lana, I’m not putting her down. I think her stylist could have done better. Also, I don’t take it all too seriously. As much as I love fashion it’s like music or art… it’s all subjective. I love this site because we can all have our opinions even if they are worlds apart and still get along nicely. Now smile people :)

25. James November 21, 2011 at 11:09 #

Actualy just saw the live footage of Chloe in this outfit and think she looks fantastic! the styling is spot on (and age appropriate which cannot be easy with a young lady at this stage of life!) I am not a huge fan of the dress but think the tights, including naked band, and shoes enhance it rather than retract. Please dont make comparisons to how it looks on a model. She is a 14 year old school girl, not a 21 year old clothes hanger.
    FAO Fasion critic – If you repremand Lana for describing some posters as “jealous” then please apply the same standard to others saying “I wish she would just go away”

I beleive we will see a lot more of Chloe as both an actress and a fasion icon (for teenagers!) and I hope she continues to inspire & provoke the critics

• Lana November 21, 2011 at 13:50 #

Thank you James!
      Fashion critics I am referring to exactly this comment “I wish she would just go away”? And you wanna tell me that is not jealousy… If it isn’t then please tell me what it is and I take it back…. Sorry if I was generalizing of course everybody is entiteled to their own opinion…I just think it is a bit much.

Xln

• Fashion Critic November 21, 2011 at 13:53 #

You are confusing dislike with jealous.

• Lana November 21, 2011 at 14:31 #

Maybe you are right… As I said everyone is allowed to have their own opinion …. I just find jen’s comment really annoying …. She had nothing to say about her outfit…maybe i overreacted but Chloe, Ellen, etc are kids and I think it is a little harsh to talk like this…I think she looks great and I watched the life footage too and think she has a great presence. Why is she famous? Because she is a great little actress… Has anyone seen let me in? She is awsome in that! Either way her style gets people talking

26. dee November 21, 2011 at 14:12 #

I don’t think she looks that bad. I just think the dress is too short. I wish her hair looked more polished.

27. Sabrina November 21, 2011 at 19:59 #

On the model it looks great!