Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2011 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards

Tilda Swinton was honoured at the 2011 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards, which were held at the French Embassy in Madrid, Spain last night.

She walked the red carpet with Haider Ackermann, who designed her look for the evening.

The orange pants look like they are fresh off the Spring 2012 runway, but the jacket looks like a custom-piece as the lapels on Tilda’s jacket are different from the runway version.

Instead of the printed runway shirt, Tilda opted for a chiffon taupe blouse, which adds a feminine touch to her look.

It’s rare to see the British actress wear makeup, but on this special occasion she wore red lippie.

Two-tone pumps completed Tilda’s look.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney - Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party

Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney – Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party

In Rachel Bilson's Closet - Goldsign Jenny Slim Crop Jeans, The Row Sabeen Modal And Silk-Blend T-Shirt and Miu Miu Mattelassé Suede Clutch

In Rachel Bilson’s Closet – Goldsign Jenny Slim Crop Jeans, The Row Sabeen Modal And Silk-Blend T-Shirt and Miu Miu Mattelassé Suede Clutch

27 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2011 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards

1. Jones19 November 18, 2011 at 11:15 #

Wow a different side to Tilda. She looks less alien here than before (not that that’s a bad thing) with her lippie and those gorgeous pumps. BDOTW contender.

2. june November 18, 2011 at 11:20 #

i love the colours on tilda, but is it just me or does the pants somehow make her look short? i mean, tilda’s so tall! i have no idea how these pants did that to her

• Emi November 19, 2011 at 09:42 #

I agree with you, the fit of the pants is so unflattering. I would like the shoes if the colors were “opposite”, I mean the heel light and the rest orange.

• Vince November 26, 2011 at 04:10 #

I second that. I don’t really like the chiffon top. I think the color was a little too dark. I would have gone with a more off-white color and also a shorter length top. The pants should’ve been altered just a tad. This was a very nice look and complemented her skin tone well, but a little tailoring and color changes would make this even better.

3. Jess2 November 18, 2011 at 11:31 #

Tilda has been looking really good in the recent pictures you have posted FC and this is no exception. I really like the colours here.

4. nimmi November 18, 2011 at 11:40 #

Wow! Definitely a BDOTW contender.

5. robbie November 18, 2011 at 11:50 #

everything from the ankles up is fabulous, but she really needs to get some more delicate shoes she always wears heavy looking pumps.

6. MReid November 18, 2011 at 11:59 #

Love this! Again, thel swagger makes the look and she doesn’t ever look like she’s trying. I really like when she pulls her hair back vs pulling it to the side.

7. Zee November 18, 2011 at 12:08 #

I like her distinguished, one-of-a-kind style. Applause!

8. Leo November 18, 2011 at 12:31 #

Amazing! Tilda Swinton and Haider Ackermann are such a great match. I think he’s such a great designer that creates great strong pieces that should get more red carpet exposure. Angelina Jolie is one that would look great in many of his creations. Tough competition for Miranda Kerr for BDOTW.

9. Martin November 18, 2011 at 12:58 #

New shoes! You asked Fashion Critic, and Tilda has delivered. Now if only some other red carpet starlets were as willing to take your wise advice on board.

I think Tilda looks fabulous here. I like that she chose a simpler blouse than the one presented on the runway, which tends towards the overdone for me. Can’t fault this. The tones are gorgeous, the shoes are amazing and she pulls it all together with that nonchalant ease and confidence that she is so renowned for. This is a BDOTW contender for me. Love it.

• Fashion Critic November 18, 2011 at 13:42 #

:) yes, the fashion gods delivered on this one

10. Christine November 18, 2011 at 13:10 #

I can’t get on board with the taupe blouse: the colour doesn’t seem right in combination with the jacket and trousers. Apart from that, great look! I really like the shoes.

11. dee November 18, 2011 at 13:29 #

I like this although I am not so sure about the blouse. I really love the colors on her. I think she needs to wear more color as the black and white she wears at times makes her look ghostly.

12. Jacqu November 18, 2011 at 13:43 #

She looks amazing! I love love love the colors on her.

13. Alina November 18, 2011 at 13:49 #

Love it, although I would have been happy if she had worn the runway blouse.

• Rebecca Z November 18, 2011 at 17:05 #

I agree and I usually find her pretty inaccessible. (My failing I am sure). I think she would have rocked the runway blouse, especially the color. ADORE the shoes.

14. Gaber November 18, 2011 at 14:16 #

The pants bother me.
    I think they should sit slightly higher and be slightly longer.

Plus the usual complaint of less bulky shoes.

15. Hannah November 18, 2011 at 14:29 #

I adore Tilda. Who else, Cate included, could have pulled this off?
    The colour combination is daring, interesting and divine. The red ipsitck adds an extra touch to this look, although obviously is no substitution for red hair, and the pumps are muhc preffered to her footwear choices of late.
    Also, Haider looks incredible!

• noo November 18, 2011 at 16:13 #

+1 :D

16. shap_half November 18, 2011 at 14:54 #

I love this!! She looks sensational. What pretty colors!

17. Henrique November 18, 2011 at 15:02 #

Oh… she looks fantastic. I love this collection so I’m really happy to see this look on someone so statuesque

18. Mol November 18, 2011 at 15:22 #

Great color combo – I like this a lot better than the other outfits shown previously, although not madly crazy about the pant style, it’s the fit/style in the pelvic area that I don’t love

19. noo November 18, 2011 at 16:14 #

i love the shoes :D

PS: FC did u see irina shayk in the same event? i think she was wearing elie saab from the fall 2011 collection :D

• Fashion Critic November 18, 2011 at 17:11 #

yes I did. i have posted it

20. Ingrid November 18, 2011 at 19:09 #

LOVE!

21. MJ November 20, 2011 at 16:45 #

I can’t believe I like this, but I really do.I never like Tilda’s picks.